“OK way to spend an hour or two”

Chinese Garden of Friendship
Ranked #19 of 486 things to do in Sydney
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A haven of tranquility in Sydney's bustling Chinatown, this fascinating garden with waterfalls, bridges and fish-filled ponds was designed by experts from China and reflects designs dating back to the 5th century.
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This place was very pretty - I'll give it that. It was smack dab in the middle of a busy area but felt very serene. But, given the chance, I don't think we'd choose to pay to walk through this again. It was basically a small walking tour of a pretty garden, and for that, I felt it was overpriced at $6 a piece. If it was free, or even just a couple of dollars, we'd probably give it higher reviews because it was really very pretty. But, I just don't know that I see the value given what we paid.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

So beautiful and so peaceful and so unexpected in the middle of the city!!
There were 6 of us ranging in ages from 5 to 69 and everysingle one of us thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the gardens, which are easily accessed from Darling Harbour, the monorail or a 10 minute walk from Central Station.
It is so stunningly beautiful with so many different areas to explore and wander around, with many areas that you just feel so totally compelled to stop and just be.....

Reviewed 22 September 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our time spent wandering around the Chinese Gardens. Admission was only $6.00 per adult and it was money well spent. It was peaceful, serene, beautiful, calming, spiritual. A real oasis in a bustling city. We had morning tea in the tea house and could have sat for hours listening to the waterfalls and bird life and watching the fish swim by in the water.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Lovely place to appreciate flowers in this little hideaway within a concrete jungle.

Once you're inside, you'll soon forget that you're in the middle of the bustling Sydney CBD, it is just so peaceful and serene in side.

For a small fee, you and your family can dress up in medieval Chinese costumes and pretend you're a Princess/Queen/Emperor, they also let you roam around the garden in the full costume so you can pretend you owned the place like they do in China.

Loved every minute of it!!

Reviewed 17 September 2012

There is nothing to dislike about this oasis of serenity in the middle of very exciting Darling Harbour. My heart felt at peace, I could feel my heart rate slowing as I breathed in the sensuous beauty. It was remarkable.