All reviews glebe point road ceiling fan can't beat the location comfortable bed darling harbour central station cbd dormitory australia coles transport
Reviewed 13 March 2012

The room was dingy. Hallway stank of "heavily spiced" food at 7pm & it was not the best first impression. The smell hung around for 24hrs.

The manager was not professional. Hotel reciepts when staying, are a good idea & should be provided to all guests.

This review dropped further when he knocked on the room door at 10:02am, to ask if I was checking out @ 10am. Rude.To be honest it was great to exit.

The worst place I've ever stayed & I would not reccomend absolutely anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank 427traveller
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night, we had a night out in Glebe and Alishan was conveniently located close to where we were going out that night.
The rooms were basic but clean. As was our private bathroom. We were very happy with what we got for the price, we also parked our car in the rear yard. We think this place is clean and great value for money.
Note- our room didn't have window which we thought was odd. We didn't care as we were only there for 1 night. However, the communal facilities such as the kitchen, lounge area appeared modern and well equipped. I would still consider staying here for a longer amount of time.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Words fail me. Rude manager. Room stank of stale urine. Quite possibly the worst place I've ever stayed.

• Stayed: January 2012
7  Thank Beardo2504
Kevin018, Owner at Alishan International Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

I find it very hard to believe that this person even stayed at Alishan.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

The room and kitchen were very clean and tidy. It had a great location, with a great selection of restaurants, cafes, bars and convience stores all right outside the guest house. There was also a shopping mall about two minutes walk away. It had a bus stop to the city right across the road, which came very frequently. The manager was very helpful when we had queries. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This was a great motel in a great location, great service and cleanliness. Walking distance to central station, Darling Harbour, Sydney Fish Market, The Star city and many more places. Plenty to do in the area with shopping and great restaurants on your doorstep and.....the proximity of these restaurants, which meant getting around was so much easier. Hotel manager showed us great customer service and he is always helpful and cheerful. It was a most enjoyable stay. Especially when I forgot my wedding ring on the side table of the bed and I realised this after 2 days of check out. I noticed about this missing piece in my life but was too late. My wife immediately called at reception and we got surprised to know that my masterpiece is in safe custody with the manager. Since we were walk in guests so reception did not have any of our contact details. We have never come across such honesty. Ultimately, staying at this hotel made our short visit to Sydney memorable.

Room Tip: Room on the south side is quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple