Alishan International Guest House
Great 4.5/5
  • Room Service
Glebe Space(Sydney)
View Hotel
All reviewsglebe point roadguess houseceiling fankitchen facilitiescan't beat the locationvisit sydneycomfortable beddarling harbourcentral stationguesthousecbddormitoryaustraliacolestransport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This was a great motel in a great location, great service and cleanliness. Walking distance to central station, Darling Harbour, Sydney Fish Market, The Star city and many more places. Plenty to do in the area with shopping and great restaurants on your doorstep and.....the proximity of these restaurants, which meant getting around was so much easier. Hotel manager showed us great customer service and he is always helpful and cheerful. It was a most enjoyable stay. Especially when I forgot my wedding ring on the side table of the bed and I realised this after 2 days of check out. I noticed about this missing piece in my life but was too late. My wife immediately called at reception and we got surprised to know that my masterpiece is in safe custody with the manager. Since we were walk in guests so reception did not have any of our contact details. We have never come across such honesty. Ultimately, staying at this hotel made our short visit to Sydney memorable.

Room Tip: Room on the south side is quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Hmm- stayed here to go see the Harry Potter exhibition at the Powerhouse and the location was great for us- walking distance!
However, $165 for 3 of us in a dingy room with bunks AND NO WINDOWS!! I didn't think that was allowed? Furnished in a mish mash of old pieces.Shabby, and very depressing bathroom with broken shower door, partly replaced by a very torn shower curtain. NOTHING like the family room in the picture.
An extra $30 let us park overnight and until 12 the next day.
Very clean communal kitchen (which we didn't use) as room was a bit too depressing to hang around in.
Saw no other guests or rooms.
I think that if a room has no windows it should be specified.
Would not recommend for families- maybe young travellers looking to socialise would enjoy.

Room Tip: Check if it has windows :)
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BendigoRobin
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Unsafe,unfriendly,Is not sound proof at all,uncomfortable and uncoorperative.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank jamal r
Kevin018, Owner at Alishan International Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Seems its impossible to please everyone. We try to do our best.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

I'm 19 years old and was travelling with my mother. We were very well received by the staff which is very friendly and available to help and inform you. The premises were clean (including the kitchen). Nice size room and a nice backyard with alot of sitting space. Very easy to get virtually anywhere from there with the 431 and 433 that pass right in front of the house. about 15 min away from downtown and 25 min away from circular quay. Darling Harbour is very close by and the central train station as well. You have alot of restaurants and shops near by so you can buy grocery or go out to eat and though the neighborhood is quite alive, the house is quiet :) The quiet times which are from 10:30 pm, are respected. I highly recommend this place and will come back for sure!

Arielle

Room Tip: I would recommend a room which is not on the front of the house since the buses are very loud and pass until late at night.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Friendly staff assisted me with car rental info, made sure I was comfy and
looked after in this full of character place in heart of Glebe.. Just a short
bus ride away from Sydney's downtown. Interesting guests to share company,
excellent cooking facilities and common area: Olympic coaches, phd students,
fellow travelers and the like. Clean, comfortable and efficient... Excellent
find in a sometime hit-and-miss Australian accommodation scene

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family