“Clean white sands”

and up
Sydney Beaches Tour by Helicopter
Ranked #32 of 520 things to do in Sydney
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Great place to spend the day
Little like Bondi in the appearance but bigger & very nice
Great little places to eat just off the beach.
No dislikes for this place

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"headland"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 6 September 2012

I revisited here yesterday after an absence of many years.
When I was at Uni, I always thought a day at Coogee Beach was special particularly if it included any time at the Coogee Bay Hotel.
It still looks the same, perhaps more people, but as others have said it's a nice long beach, easy to swim, not harassed by the crowds or surfers as other beaches.
Not does it have the concrete jungle feel of its nearby neighbour, Bondi Beach which seems to get all the international attention.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

This is the beach I visited most during my two years in Sydney. Its nice, clean and focused on swimmers and not surfers. Proximity was definitely a huge reason I was here a lot, but I highly doubt I would ever have visited if lets say I had lived closer to Bondi beach.

Its a pretty average beach, nothing that good, nothing that bad.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Not since my childhood have I picniced at Coogee Beach. Then it was much the same as any of the Sydney beaches. Lack of surf as I recall