All reviews botanical gardens drawing room dormer room cloud room opera house bed and breakfast kings cross macleay street boiled eggs small hotel circular quay boutique hotel home away from home within walking distance short walk restaurants and shops the ground floor
Reviewed 5 November 2010

Thanks to Ree, the hotel manager, this was just a lovely visit. She took such good care of me, including having my room ready at 6 AM the day I arrived from a long flight overseas. She set me up with a great map / walking tour of Sydney. The hotel is really nice, very clean, quiet, great neighborhood. Really enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2010

What a treat to have such a wonderful stay in Sydney. We are very familiar with the city as have visited many times to visit our son and we were here this time for 5 days to attend our son's wedding. The elegant decor of the hotel, the close proximity to wonderful cafes & shops and meeting Ree, such a lovely helpful person & Damien who attended to our every need at breakfast completed the perfect stay. We will certainly return & recommend this unique hotel to our friends travelling from west to east. Ross & Avril Farrer Margaret River West Australia

Reviewed 26 October 2010

We spent 5 nightsat Simpsons in early May 2010. We had the pleasant surprise of being upgraded to a very large room, which was very much appreciated after long flights from Europe. We had the opportunity to take a look into the other rooms; all were charming and very comfortable. Manager Ree and owners Marie and Keith were most welcoming. Over breakfasts, which were delicious, Keith took the time to give us advice and tips on how to discover this beautiful city, and went as far as to draw up maps to enable us make the most of our visit. The place is very quiet. The location is not really downtown, but is around a 20 - 30 minutes walk from the Opera House and Circular Quay through the beautiful Botanical Gardens. There are many pleasant and good value restaurants in the neighborhood, attended mostly by locals, and we were pleased to be away from the tourist crowd. All in all, staying at Simpsons has been a wonderful experience. Many many thanks to Ree, Marie and Keith.

Date of stay: May 2010
Reviewed 24 October 2010

A recent one night stay at Simpsons of Potts Point was certainly a positive experience. Having booked on wotif, I was expecting the usual chilly reception upon check in (many hotels do not seem to appreciate you using this service) but was pleasantly surprised by the so helpful and welcoming Ree. Our enquiry regarding a bottle of champagne was promptly met with the delivery of a lovely bottle of French in our fridge. When we were checking out i reminded Ree that we needed to pay for the bottle, she declined saying it was her shout! Having stayed inmany, many hotels over the years I found this extraordinary as I have never before been treated to anything for free by a hotel. this property is everything it says it is and a bit more. We will stay here again.

1  Thank raecunn
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I chose Simpsons based on availability and hope - the description sounded great, but they all do, don't they? I booked my mother and brother in for Friday & Saturday nights, and I, my, husband, and my son booked in for Saturday night. Ree at Simpsons helped me sort out the bedding configurations & rooms (my son bunked in the larger toom with my mom and brother - yippee, for me and my husband!), and I agreed with the excellent report I got from my mother on their first night.

The hotel is charming, a bit quirky in the decor, offered an evening drink in the library (gorgeous, great books, and a working fireplace), a marvelous breakfast (homemade rhubarb preserves - oh YUM!), and the rooms were spacious, and decorated with individual character, and the hosts were helpful & warm. Simpsons is located an easy walk to Art Gallery, Botanical Gardens, etc., and is in an upscale, funky neighborhood with great food at good prices (unlike the tourist spots right near Circular Quay). That part of Sydney is deceptive on a map - its all pretty close, and I think Simpsons is an absolute gem - especially compared to the souless big hotel chains, where you could be anywhere (yawn) in the world.

• Trip type: Travelled with family