7,053 results
All reviews darling harbour great location art deco irish pub york street beautiful hotel central location queen victoria building room service the heart of the city within walking distance room was spacious good size buffet breakfast wynyard station business trip public transport
Reviewed 31 January 2016

Clean hotel and Good service
Desk staff could smile a bit more
Location is fairly central
No advice on food or what to eat
Clean
Should include breakfast for business bookings
This will encourage hotel guests to do more at Grace

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 January 2016

Whenever I need to go to the city, I love staying at The Grace Hotel. Quite affordable, rooms are clean and spacious and it is at a central location in the city. Staff were friendly enough, they also have a restaurant which is lovely. Close to Town Hall and Wynyard train station.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2016

First time for our family to experience the Filipino Fiesta Buffet which only happens once a year @ The Grace Hotel! Upon entering the hotel, we love the welcoming ambiance, friendly staff and wonderful atmosphere inside.

Love the weekend food menu, great customer service from the staff, quick assistance, friendly people, the food was delicious and the presentation was beautifully done!

The ambiance reflected the Filipino culture / decors, atmosphere was so welcoming and homey!

We look forward in booking to be @ The Grace Hotel in 2016!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2016

My wife and I stayed here recently to celebrate our 14th Wedding Anniversary. We loved this hotel for it's location, but mostly for the price we paid through Booking.com
At the time I booked the room, Booking.com had specials and we saved around 48% on the room rate, so it's worth checking that site for great deals.
The staff at the Grace Hotel were pleasant but to be honest I've experienced better customer service at other hotels we've stayed at. Don't get me wrong, the staff were very accommodating in that we were given a complimentary room upgrade and sparkling wine upon arrival which was quite nice of them (even though I dropped the hint of our anniversary).
The cleaning staff were very nice and polite. I forgot to remove the DND sign from the front door and when I finally remembered I saw the guy standing in the hallway waiting for us to open the door....sorry about that !!! He did not even bother us by knocking on the door, now if that's not adhering to signage I don't know what is !!

Pros:
Nice clean room - Clean bathroom - Good quality soap, body wash etc - Hotel location is off the main strip which means it is nice and quiet but not too far away from cafes, bars and restaurants - Great places to eat near the hotel - PJ O'Briens has awesome food - Air Con in room works great

Cons:
Bathroom could do with a small towel rail or rack as there is no place to hang a towel other than inside the shower - Mini fridge could be updated as it is not the most efficient and takes a while for items to cool down - Parking fees are quite expensive @ $45 per 24hr for a car and $30 for a motorcycle - Furniture like TV cabinet and mini fridge cabinet could do with an update as they look like they've had a hard life

My list of cons I had to think about but I think are quite valid. Other than that we really enjoyed our stay at The Grace.

I recommend eating and drinking at PJ O'Briens, not only is it within the same facility but you don't even have to leave the building to get there. After deciding on what to eat my wife and I chose PJ O'Briens. We were extremely surprised with the quality of food. I did not expect to have such tasty meals as I expected "run of the mill" pub food. I had the Sirloin Steak and my wife had the Port Lincoln Mussels. The steak was cooked to perfection (I have it medium / well) and the mussels are delicious served in a white wine sauce with char grilled bread and fries....YUM....

Highly recommend PJ O'Briens, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

The Grace was fantastic. Concierge were amazing and reception staff while needing just that little bit more training (I do understand both staff who checked us in were new) are very sweet and friendly. When one minor hiccup occurred I was offered a complementary late check out which was highly appreciated, thanks again. It wasn't the end of the world when our breakfast order was missed but the gesture of the late check out was more than we expected.

The reception area is just beautiful and is currently decorated in a gorgeous oriental theme! The red and gold theme just worked.

Rooms were immaculately clean and not cramped at all
Grace - where can I get signed up for email specials? Based in Liechtenstein for work but travel to Sydney regularly. Please reply or sign me up!
Thank you grace hotel for a very wonderful night.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Andrew A, Executive Assistant Manager at The Grace Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2016

Dear SavannahZalmstra,

Thank you for sharing your review relating to your recent stay with us.

It was very pleasing to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay and liked our Lunar New Year decorations. I apologise for the service shortfall during your stay but am glad that our team made it up to you with an appropriate gesture which you appreciated.

The Grace website is always the best place to go for our current specials and you will always receive the best available packages and rates by booking directly with us. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter. I have also asked our Sales and Marketing team to add you to our mailing list to keep you updated on all of our specials and promotions.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Andrew Allen