2,296 results
All reviewspriority guestsphere restaurantdream bedsdarling harbourfamily roompitt streetmuseum stationlate checkroom servicecentral locationconcierge staffcapitol theatrecoles supermarketking bedexecutive roomthe heart of the citymini bar
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Check in was super quick and easy with the staff member very professional and lovely. I was complimentary upgraded from a Deluxe King Room to an Executive King Room which was a great touch.

The room itself is very spacious, bathroom is much larger than most hotel bathrooms with a seperate bath and shower. The mini bar is extensive and surprisingly cheap compared to other hotels I’ve stayed at. One thing I was MOST IMPRESSED with was that the room has windows that open so you can get a breeze and not feel so stuffy with the air conditioning.

I always use the gyms when I go to hotels and it doesn’t disappoint: combination of free weights, Swiss balls, weight machines (basic upper body and lower body), treadmills, ellipticals, rowing machines and some stationary bikes. I didn’t get a chance to dine here but I did look at the menus and it looks very impressive.

Location wise, it’s incredibly convenient to EVERYTHING in Sydney CBD, the actual ‘World Square’ precinct itself has a Coles supermarket open to midnight everyday, multiple restaurants and retail shops.

Overall very happy with my stay here

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Matt G, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hi Selrad,

Thank you for the excellent feedback from your stay. We are pleased that all in all, we were able to exceed your expectations. We will share this great feedback with the team!

Thank you again!

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I must admit to some hesitation about staying here after my last experience with a Rydges Hotel in Adelaide in 2017. I neednt have worried...Rydges World Square is clean, comfortable, welcoming, and professionally operated.

Check-in was quick & easy, my 19th floor room was comfortable, well appointed and spacious, check-out was easy, and concierge held my bag securely until I headed back to the airport.

I only experienced one minor hiccup...external noise. There is a large bar on ground floor with a stage area facing the inside part of World Square. When I hear music in a 19th floor room at 12am, it must be one helluva party goin on down below! Wasnt too bad for me and I slept through most of it...but for others on lower floors, it could very well be an issue.

Everything else was good and I'd be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Vance C

Hi Vance C,

Thank you for the feedback from your stay. We are very pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable and you would be happy to stay again. We will pass your feedback on to our teams and look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Found the hotel good again , the valet parking team were great money well spent . The counter staff were friendly and helpful. The bar attached was also good Only concerns was the room was not cleaned till very late on 2nd day .The hotel is central to both theaters we had tickets for and close to restaurants

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Timc1962,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay. We are very pleased to hear that our teams service was a standout throughout your two day stay. I do apologise for the late service of your room on the second day, we will follow up with the housekeeping team to make sure this does not become a trend.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

This Rydges “World Square” shares many of the same positive attributes of other Rydges hotels:

Great location, convenience, good, clean rooms, efficient service, reasonable price…
Being “members” we have stayed at quite a number of Rydges hotels.
Most of the above attributes also apply to this Rydges hotel. We chose it because of its central location in Sydney.
We couldn’t avoid noticing however that this particular hotel has a bit of a “tired” feeling and could profit from a make-over.
There were a few annoying details of neglect that seemingly have rubbed off on the service quality. An example were a few shreds of papers on the floor on the way to the elevator, which were not cleaned up for 2 days.
Budget too tight or management too lax???
A peculiarity: They add 10 floors to the actual number of floors; so, if your room number is 1670, you are not staying on the 16th floor, but on the 6th.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Matt G, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Hi Gournemanz,

Thank you for providing feedback from your stay. We appreciate the positive feedback about our teams service and cleanliness of our hotel rooms. We do take cleanliness very seriously and will follow up with the housekeeping department on the cleanliness of our guest floors as that is not acceptable. I would like to point out that level 16 is actually level 16. The levels 1 - 11 are located below and give access to the car park underneath World Square.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

This is our 4th stay at the Rydges World Square in the last year and once again the staff were professional, friendly and helpful.
We stayed in a one bedroom room which was a great size, clean and quiet.
The hotel is within walking distance of everything even down to the Rocks if you don’t mind a good walk.
We didn’t eat at the hotel but the food looked great. We did have drinks in the bar and this was a good place to relax either before heading out or once you got back.
Price was good when comparing to other accommodation that was not in such a convenient location.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Lilly S,

Thank you for the very positive feedback from your stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and hope to welcome you back again soon.