Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,079 results
All reviews great location family room darling harbour valet parking pitt street museum station central location good size capitol theatre coles supermarket king bed late checkout the heart of the city mini bar buffet breakfast street noise hyde park
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 December 2012

The main reason to stay in this hotel is location, easy walking to places like Hyde Park, Chinatown and right on the public transport links for everything else. That said, World Square itself is one of the most confusing places ever, with so many different entrances / exits/ cut-thrus to everything that you have to make sure you don't get lost!
Check-in process easy and friendly. Room of average size, with good-sized bathroom (separate shower & bath) with good products. No free wifi, but the charged option isn't that expensive by local standards. Room service was quick & efficient.
I've only stayed here for work and for this it serves a purpose, in that the hotel is efficient, comfortable with convenient location. For a holiday, I'd probably stay nearer the harbour.

Room tip: Not really much chance of a view, so choose a room away from the lifts!
1  Thank NkkLndn
ManagerWorldSquare, General Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

It’s great to see that you enjoyed our central location.

We hope to see you again soon at Rydges World Square.

John McIlwain

Reviewed 1 December 2012

I was very impressed by the service at the front desk. I was greeted by a girl with long black hair and a great smile. I found her to be very helpful and friendly.
The staff who handled my baggage were also very helpful in directing and recommending a few places to have dinner.

I look forward to my stay here at rydges when I return to Sydney. Keep up the good service.

Date of stay: November 2012
ManagerWorldSquare, General Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

It’s wonderful to hear that your first comment is a good one. Thank you, Michael4480.
We hope to welcome you back again soon at Rydges World Square.

John McIlwain

Reviewed 29 November 2012

We always find that this hotel is excellent value for money compared to other CBD hotels in Sydney. Although it is not situated at the "glamour/harbour" end of town it is close to Darling Harbour, Chinatown and transport. The Rydges chain seem to have the very best beds we have ever found in a hotel. We stay at Rydges in several locations for the beds, price and usually the location.

Room tip: As usual, the higher the better.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ManagerWorldSquare, General Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Thank you for your comment. We hope to welcome you back soon at Rydges World Square.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Booked a room expecting a good service as stayed in few other Ridges around Australia, so can compare. However, was very dissapointed with Rydges Sydney.

First problem is that staff has allocated smoking room despite booking with non-smoking room option selected and WRITTEN on my confirmation. Initially, refused to change on the pretext of 'Fully booked'. Eventually got a non-smoking room.

No bathrobes in the rooms. Was told "They are only awailable for executive rooms". Not the first time booked the same level of rooms and expcted them to be available. Eventually got the robes but the hotel CHARGED for them postfactum.

The floor 15 is shabby. Scratches on the walls, stains, etc. The room was also not up to exectations. Noisy aircon. The only chair was broken.

Good things:
1. Staff is helpful once you stay the queue and get to them.
2. That is all.

Room tip: Book elsewhere.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrequentFlier1900
ManagerWorldSquare, General Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

I must apologies for the obvious displeasure you experienced. I have noted your comments and addressed them with relevant managers to ensure remedial action is taken.
We have the 15th floor out for preventative maintenance this week. It is part of our ongoing maintenance program to ensure our hotel meets guest’s expectations.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. If you would like to discuss further do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

I had to shift to this hotel since my previous hotel (an apart-hotel) had run out of reservations. At the end, wasn't too glad I did. The Rydges doesn't offer you the spaciousness of the Medinas or the Meritons. But nor does it stand up to the grandeurs of a Swissotel. The opening lobby is grand and impressive, but the rooms are pretty basic. Not much to comment on the room comfort.

The location of the hotel is a big plus, surrounded by several food joints. The Coles departmental store lies just beneath the hotel. Catching the tube is not so easy though as the nearest station (museum) doesn't take you directly to the centre of the city. It's quite a walk to the Town Hall station too.

I faced a little problem trying to extend my stay for 3 days - the lady happily extended my stay but then told me I had to change rooms (!!!) as the computer allocates a different room no. (same type) for me. Supposedly somebody else (arriving 3 days later) had been allocated my room and hence I have to move out. When I asked her why doesn't she allocate my other to the guy and let me stay in my present room, so that I don't have to change), she blamed the computer for this. Now whether the computer programme was dumb or the human, is a matter of debate, but at the end it shows that there's a problem in customer handling.

With rude receptionists and keys losing their magnetic data every alternate day, Rydges wouldn't be at the top of my preferred hotel list for my future Sydney travel. .

1  Thank Sanjay G

It’s great to hear that our location was very convenient throughout your stay. Please accept my apologies about the issues that you had with us. We have addressed your concerns with the relevant Department Heads to ensure remedial action is taken.

Hopefully next time we can beat your expectations.