Lowest prices for your stay
USD 195
Hotels.comUSD 205
PricelineUSD 181
Orbitz.comUSD 205
1,130 results
All reviews circular quay great location great apartment good size few minutes walk balcony bedroom rocks cbd laundry train wynyard sauna barangaroo ferries
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2019

We have just spent 6 nights at the York. We were upgraded to a 1 bed apartment. I knew when I booked that I wasn’t getting a newly refurbished apartment but the price I paid reflected that.

I was pleasantly surprised by the apartment. The furnishings weren’t modern but we were very comfortable and it was spotlessly clean. It had everything you needed.

The only niggle I had was that not once during our time there did reception ever look up from the desk and say good morning or even acknowledge us. Customer Service could have been better.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheYorkSydney, Manager at The York by Swiss-Belhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay at the York by Swiss Belhotel. We really do appreciate all of the feedback that we receive from our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and that you found the room so clean. I know the housekeeping team really do an amazing effort. I have noted your comment in regards to the front desk team and have sent this down to the department head as it is unacceptable as we all value the customer service at any hotel. Once again thank you for bringing that to my attention. I do hope that we can one day welcome you back to the York in the future. Regards Jason

Reviewed 10 August 2019 via mobile

Have stayed at literally hundreds of hotels over the years and regard the checking in at accommodation as a routine chore filling in forms etc. we all do it and it can be made smooth by a smile or even a neutral receptionist, sometimes people go out of their way to by unpleasant and this was one of them. Publicly dressing down a junior member of staff then bullying them in front of guests is unprofessional. being short and impolite and shouting orders across reception at your customers might be a one off bad day but I doubt it. Room is ok if a little dated.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheYorkSydney, Manager at The York by Swiss-Belhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay at the York by Swiss Belhotel. I am so sorry that you received this type of service here. You can see by the many reviews we have on line we get very few comments in regards to staffing. Sandy is normally one that gets very good reviews. Her attitude on this occasion is not acceptable and I have passed your comments on to her department head so that we can retrain her in the art of etiquette. Once again I am sorry that you were caught in this and thank you very much for bringing it to my attention. Regards Jason

Reviewed 8 August 2019 via mobile

We thought we were booking a hotel but it’s more like a timeshare where your accommodation is only as good as the owners maintain it. Our 3 nights accommodation cost about $900 for 3 of us and the location was very handy to shopping, the Harbour Bridge & Barangaroo, eateries etc. The pluses - two nice patios with harbour views, it was spacious with two bathrooms, well equipped kitchen with big fridge and beds were comfy & unit had a washing machine & dryer. Complex was very neat and pool, spa & gym clean & tidy. Downsides - the lounge was really uncomfortable, dated and didn’t look clean, carpets were stained & poorly fitting (see photos), in fact there were some industrial style mats to complete flooring in the main bedroom. We met other guests who said their accommodation was more modern so you might get luckier than us. If you’re not expecting a fancy room and just need a base where you can cook a few meals and save money while being centrally located this could suit.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rach2911

Hi Rachel. Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay at the York by Swiss Belhotel. We do appreciate all of the feedback that we receive from our guests both Positive and Negative. I am sorry to read that the room was not to your expectations and I have passed your comments on to the actual owner of that apartment. Yes we do have a multitude of owners. I am glad that you found our location to be perfect. It really is. Once again thank you for your comments and we will work on improving. Regards Jason

Reviewed 8 August 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the york 10 years ago and was impressed with size and quality of that apartment however my recent stay was not as impressive. The building on the outside needs a revamp and the inside is in need of attention. Our apartment was okay with the oddest shape making it tight in some areas and the oddest interior decorating. Not the best nor worst i have stayed in. Parking was annoying that you had to call reception to open gate everytime you wanted to enter or exit as there was no code or swipe card. Had a good view of the harbour as york is located at top end of town and price was very ressonable.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle K
TheYorkSydney, Manager at The York by Swiss-Belhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2019

Hi Michelle. Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay at the York by Swiss Belhotel. We do appreciate all of the feedback that we receive from our guests both positive and negative. I am glad that you found the location and the views to your liking. My apologies for the car parking. We take the security of our guests very seriously so while it may be a little annoying to be buzzed in, we are trying to tighten up on our security in this area. I am sorry that the rooms décor was not to your liking. As the owners are all individual at the hotel sometimes it is not exactly what you had in the past. I will forward your comments onto the individual owner. Once again thank you for your time. Regards Jason

Reviewed 6 August 2019

We have just spent an extended weekend at the York. we booked a three bed apartment but due to maintenance this could not be provided. Sandy, who was great put us in two two bedroom apartments on same floor which worked well.
the apartments are older but clean and well appointed.. Bathrooms are in drastic need of an upgrade. not up to standard for this level of accommodation.
superb location for gaining access to Sydney and surrounds as well as having direct access from airport to Wynyard station.

1  Thank Murray C

Hi Murray. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay at the York by Swiss Belhotel. We really do appreciate all of our guest feedback both positive and negative. I am so glad that you did enjoy your stay with us. I will be passing your comments on Sandy to her as she does work very hard to make sure everyone is well looked after. I am sorry that you found the room dated. They are owned by individual owners and we will be passing your comments on to the actual owner. Once again thank you so much for your time. Regards Jason