Lowest prices for your stay
USD 195
Hotels.comUSD 205
PricelineUSD 181
eDreamsUSD 195
1,130 results
All reviews circular quay great location great apartment good size few minutes walk balcony bedroom rocks cbd laundry train wynyard sauna barangaroo ferries
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the york 10 years ago and was impressed with size and quality of that apartment however my recent stay was not as impressive. The building on the outside needs a revamp and the inside is in need of attention. Our apartment was okay with the oddest shape making it tight in some areas and the oddest interior decorating. Not the best nor worst i have stayed in. Parking was annoying that you had to call reception to open gate everytime you wanted to enter or exit as there was no code or swipe card. Had a good view of the harbour as york is located at top end of town and price was very ressonable.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle K
TheYorkSydney, Manager at The York by Swiss-Belhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2019

Hi Michelle. Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay at the York by Swiss Belhotel. We do appreciate all of the feedback that we receive from our guests both positive and negative. I am glad that you found the location and the views to your liking. My apologies for the car parking. We take the security of our guests very seriously so while it may be a little annoying to be buzzed in, we are trying to tighten up on our security in this area. I am sorry that the rooms décor was not to your liking. As the owners are all individual at the hotel sometimes it is not exactly what you had in the past. I will forward your comments onto the individual owner. Once again thank you for your time. Regards Jason

Reviewed 6 August 2019

We have just spent an extended weekend at the York. we booked a three bed apartment but due to maintenance this could not be provided. Sandy, who was great put us in two two bedroom apartments on same floor which worked well.
the apartments are older but clean and well appointed.. Bathrooms are in drastic need of an upgrade. not up to standard for this level of accommodation.
superb location for gaining access to Sydney and surrounds as well as having direct access from airport to Wynyard station.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Murray C

Hi Murray. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay at the York by Swiss Belhotel. We really do appreciate all of our guest feedback both positive and negative. I am so glad that you did enjoy your stay with us. I will be passing your comments on Sandy to her as she does work very hard to make sure everyone is well looked after. I am sorry that you found the room dated. They are owned by individual owners and we will be passing your comments on to the actual owner. Once again thank you so much for your time. Regards Jason

Reviewed 25 July 2019

I was extremely unfortunate to have selected The York for a recent business trip. I can’t recall a more disgusting experience. The room was old and the carpet was just disgusting. You couldn’t even sit on the couch it was far from acceptable. The bathroom itself was beyond awful. The taps constantly leaked. My experience with the staff was also appalling. Unhelpful and unfriendly. This was a disastrous experience. I can’t believe this hotel rates itself as 4 star. Never again!

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank 247dolce
Reviewed 19 July 2019 via mobile

Stayed in 2 bed appt. floor 28. Plenty of space. Well equipped. View of part of harbour. Free coffee and apples in reception. Close to circular wharf. Japanese restaurants next door excellent. Close to station.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Vickers55
Reviewed 16 July 2019

Apartment was very shabby and dated, the street noise was terrible, even on the 26th floor, the parking attendant was less than helpful, there was no milk or washing powder provided and the booked roll-away bed wasn't ready on arrival. (Pool and spa were good). Terrible value for money. Won't be back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family