3,632 results
All reviews martin place clock tower heavenly bed heritage room mosaic restaurant old post office gpo building tower rooms rain shower spg member circular quay business hotel health club the executive lounge beautiful hotel room service star hotel
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Beautiful hotel in a great location at the great Westin standard. This may be petty, but silly things annoy me like the delivery charge on room service, its $8 for one of the Westin staff to deliver the food to your room and no, there is no option for you to pick-up to avoid the charge...? They will however come and pick up the tray for you after your meal for free !?! shouldn't complain but never seen this before as most hotels include these costs in food price

Room tip: heritage room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2018

I found the service to be friendly generally, but the staff seemed somewhat junior and did not seem confident or fully competent in their work. The hotel location is great, and it's in a cool historic building (at least part of it), but it is in need of some overdue maintenance and renovation work, ranging from annoying little small things (like the fact that it was tough to get the elevator card reader to read my room key seemingly every time I tried to go up to my room) to pretty major things (like the bathroom leak from the room above me, which left the bathroom in my room, room 703, with a foul and musty smell). How the hotel staff have not proactively noticed and addressed issues like these is beyond me... certainly not the norm for a Westin, from what I have experienced.

The gym that is in the building is impressive, but this was about the only thing about this hotel that stood out. Overall this place was a disappointment, and for future stays in Sydney I'll choose another hotel.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank urbanguy21
TheWestinSydneyHotel, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear urbanguy21,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback following your stay at The Westin Sydney. We are pleased you enjoyed the historic, old General Post office section of the hotel. We are however concerned with the information regarding your accommodation room. Thank you for providing your room number, our Engineering team are aware and investigating the issue. We are very sorry you experienced these issues during your stay and do hope that one day we can welcome you back to The Westin Sydney. We would love to look further into your comments, please contact the hotel at westin.sydney@westin.com.

Kind Regards,

Mark Burns

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Professional staff on arrival. Excellent room with a large bathroom and very good facilities. The lobby bar has a good range and first class service. My only quibble would be the bar prices which are "adventurous".

Room tip: Higher floors are more expensive
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2018

The Westin is great value for money. Central location, friendly staff, great facilities and excellent restaurant. The hotel is fresh and clean and nothing is too much trouble to the staff. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2018

I was here this morning for breakfast and have been here several times before as well. The tables are always well set, what amazes me is for a table of 8 pax you get 1 small milk jug that you have to reach across the whole table to get the milk, why don't they put out 2 jugs? It was so bad the waiter had to get the milk for me at times. The coffee is always cold on every visit. The best today was the pepper container did not even have a bottom on it so it was empty. I would hate to think how much the company was charged and yet clearly no one checked the tables, I had almost finished my breakfast before the pepper came back refilled. Not good enough.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
TheWestinSydneyHotel, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Kaye888,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your attendance at The Westin Sydney. We appreciate your feedback which has been passed on to the relevant management team to review and investigate as we have not received many of your points in the past. We are thankful that you have shared your comments with us as it allows us to identify areas in which we are meeting and exceeding guests expectations and areas that require improvement. We look forward to you returning to The Westin Sydney in the future.

Kind Regards,