I stayed at the Sebel Pier One for 2 nights over a weekend. The staff were friendly. The location is great - directly under the Harbour Bridge, very well located if you want to see the major sights on foot. Also a great place to stay to be near the Rocks. It is a short walk to Circular Quay/the Rocks (5mins) and about 10mins to the Opera House. I also walked to the Pitt St Mall daily and that was an easy stroll, though probably 20-25mins.
The hotel was fine. I saw the reviews about the toilets on here, and I'm not a very fussy traveller, preferring to find a great deal. For me, the bathroom looked stunning, but there was a lot of noise. The toilets flushing didn't bother me nearly as much as the pipes groaning while in the shower. It is a cute old building so that's fine, but it didn't make me think of five star luxury.
The rooms were spotlessly clean. They were small but well laid out. They didn't have a lot of natural light and you couldn't open a window which is a shame. Again - old building. It is nice to stay somewhere with a bit of character rather than a 70s style brick hotel with classic hotel colour scheme - but I probably couldn't stay for more than 2 nights in a place like this. Beds and pillows and room service and amenities all excellent. I slept well though the twin beds were pretty small.
This is fine for a quick trip to Sydney. If you are only there a matter of days and want to see a lot and stay in a hotel, reasonably priced , I think it is great. I probably won't stay there again as I have been to Sydney a number of times, and there are so many options I try and stay somewhere near whatever area I want to see. But if you are looking for a place in this location and the price is right, I think you will be happy here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection is ideally located on the magnificent Sydney waterfront close to the Southern pylon of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Boutique in size, our hotel features 189 unique federation style rooms with contemporary chic furnishings. Located in the heart of the Rocks, our hotel offers the perfect accommodation for exploring Sydney or getting friends together for a special event or wedding. The Gantry Restaurant & Bar offers its guests the ultimate open air dining experience with full panoramic views of Walsh Bay. Our luxury Sydney Harbour hotel's accommodations also offer a smoke-free environment, valet parking and 24-hour security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Pier One Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Pier 1 Sydney
- Sebel Pier One Hotel Sydney
- Pier One Sydney
- Sydney Sebel Pier One