Lowest prices for your stay
Destinia.com
Free cancellation until 06/08/21
Travelocity
Hotels.com
1,529 results
All reviews lyric theatre casino complex harvest buffet darling harbour star casino bedroom apartment room service light rail an upgrade valet parking upgraded to a suite city view beautiful room king bed mini bar upon check full kitchen
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2019 via mobile

I booked a superior king room as I was on my own and staying overnight for work.
When I arrived i was greeted promptly by concierge to see if I needed any assistance with luggage, they showed me to the check in counter.
The lovely lady assisting me, upgraded me to a premium king suite without me asking. The suite was absolutely divine. The living area meant I could spend a few hours working before my function at the star event centre the next day. The bathroom - my goodness! Magnificent! The self opening toilet, the large stone bathtub, the twin sinks, even a make up mirror! Something that you rarely come across in hotels these days. I’m renovating at the moment and have de used this is the exact layout I want for my bathroom.
The bed was very comfy, high quality linen. Electronic blinds. Coffee machine, teapot and kettle. Really well stocked bar fridge and a separate toilet and powder room for guests.
I would travel to Sydney specifically just to stay here again. Magnificent!

Trip type: Travelled on business
The_Star_Management, Manager at The Star Grand Hotel And Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2019

Dear WeTrippinAU,

Thank you rating your stay at The Star Grand Hotel & Residences a 5/5.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your upgraded suite so much that it brings inspiration to your next bathroom design! We do hope we get the chance to accommodate you again, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at StarAssistantManagers@star.com.au should you require any assistance with making a reservation.

Reviewed 9 July 2019

Arrived early at 12pm. Drop off of car and bags pretty seamless. But not enough staff on check in/out counter, and no real organisation there. Received message when room was ready-nice touch. Given an unexpected upgrade. Room was amazing.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear DawnLorraine2013,

Thank you for choosing The Star Grand Hotel and Residences and for leaving us a 5/5 review, we are thrilled!

We are so pleased to hear about the seamless concierge service, and you enjoyed your upgraded room. We appreciate your feedback regarding the experience at the reception, please accept our sincere apology.

We hope to welcome you back in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at StarAssistantManagers@star.com.au should you require any assistance with making a reservation.

Reviewed 7 July 2019 via mobile

I don’t really get when others mention "great receptionist area”.. This is one of the worst first impression check ins that I have ever encountered ..
Opportunities of improvements:

1. Check-in area:

It was very chaotic, there were no structure or sign to say where to wait.. people were just scattered and one frustrated guest thought we were cutting the line, however we saw there were no line, only a few people standing sparsely on the floor. As there was no availability for that day, we booked for the next day

2. Casino membership

The person who served us yesterday afternoon didn’t explain well that the systems between the casino membership
and hotel booking were separate. He told us to go to the casino to get the membership card re-issue but no explanation why he couldn’t just look up the membership number in the system.
When I asked them to whether to locate the membership on the system, he replied “ I don’t work at the membership section”. His service was mediocre and he didn’t make eye contact with all guests. He had a cocky attitude and bad body language.

3. Parking knowledge

We returned the next day to check in and I was hoping a different service than yesterday.. I can let you know it was slightly better with the lady who served us.

When asked about parking she only gave us the nightly options, I then asked about parking as a casino guest as an option. She got flustered and then proceeded to “Google” the parking rates as a non- hotel guest .
Although she answered my queries, her product knowledge could have been improved.

These are frequent hotel guests queries and we left the check in desk area feeling disconnected with the different functions at The Star.

4. Tired rooms

Rooms feel a bit tired. The bathroom a bit dull and the wooden side tables and vanity have scratches and marks.

If service is important and part of your holiday experience then I would not recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jenhopscotch

Dear Jenhopscotch,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

We are concerned that we did not live up to your expectations. We strive to provide high standards in both our service and facilities and apologise if you feel we did not do so during your recent stay

We completely understand if the impression of this stay has tarnished your view of The Star Grand Hotel and Residences. However, please never hesitate to contact us directly on StarAssistantManagers@star.com.au if we can assist you at all in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2019

Having stayed at the Darling back in May where we were blown away with the entire experience, we decided to give the star’s other hotel a go.
At the Darling had incredible and genuine customer service, unfortunately here at the residences the service was not the same and we just felt like another number by all staff encountered.
We stayed in the star suite which was beautiful, however smaller in size then the jewel suite at the Darling. We were very intrigued with the Japanese like toilet. The bathtub was great as it was quiet wide and long, plenty of room for 2. Loved that the room and the lounge were separated and even though they promised a harbour view, we could see a small corner of the harbour bridge.
To spoil myself I decided to have room service which was a major let down. I ordered the eggs Benedict which arrived very small in size, and close to pathetic (not worth it).
Prior to arrival I had provided a credit card authority form hoping all charges would be charged to that card and no mention of the price. Unfortunately it was my mistake and I did not note this down with the hotel as upon check out the guy checking us out explanined all the charges which I did not want my partner to hear as this was a gift to him (this was my fault).
The other thing to note is at the Darling they dont charge for rose petals in the room but at this hotel they do.
Overall I would not stay here again, I would choose The Darling instead for sure.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Casey M
The_Star_Management, Manager at The Star Grand Hotel And Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2019

Dear Csavim,

Thank you for staying with us at The Star Grand Hotel & Residences. We are disappointed to hear that one of our loyal guests here at The Star were not satisfied with their stay.

We would love to discuss your stay further and possibly organise a return stay that goes above and beyond. We ask that you contact us at StarAssistantManagers@star.com.au

Chiara

Reviewed 6 July 2019 via mobile

We visited for an awards night. I dont think our original base room was available with two beds and our colleague had already paid for a great upgraded room separately. The man checking us in promptly decided to upgrade us to a two bedroom suite so we could be nearer to our colleague and be more comfortable. What a very thoughtful and kind gesture. Our room was amazing. Loved having our own quarters and having space to hang out etc. all the staff we came across through our stay were very helpful and beyond friendly. Nothing was an issue. The heating was a bit much but we just opened a door. It was a beautiful experience and will return solely on how everyone treated us.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear courtneyjade89,

Thank you for choosing The Star Grand Hotel & Residences. We are very pleased to receive a 5/5 review and to hear that your stay was amazing.

We hope to see you return for another beautiful experience in the near future.

Chiara