1,246 results
All reviewsstar citylyric theatrecasino complexdarling harbourbedroom apartmentpyrmont viewlight railroom servicecity viewupgraded to a suitean upgrademini barfull kitchenking bedbuffet breakfastcentral stationvalet
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I regularly visit Sydney on business and the Astral is one of my preferred Hotels . The staff are great nothing is a problem and they cater for all my needs. The hotel rooms are great and I am lucky enough to get an upgrade most visits to a suite . Location is obviously fantastic with everything within walking distance and with a great range of bars and restaurants in the casino. Only downside is it is very tempting to go downstairs for a punt but that’s a first world problem lol.

Highly recommend this Hotel

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
The_Star_Management, Manager at Astral Tower and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi Jonesy003,

Thank you for your wonderful review and high recommendation of Astral Tower and Residences!

It's wonderful to hear from one of our frequent guests and we're absolutely delighted to be a preferred choice of accommodation for you. We also appreciate your kind remarks on our fantastic location and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I booked 2 rooms for my wedding. A 2 bedroom apartment at the Astral Towers and a room for the night of our wedding. We were upgraded in both and so very grateful for the service we were provided. I couldn't have asked for a better couple of days.

Rooms were amazing, clean and gorgeous.

Thank you so so much.

Room Tip: Choose the city view!! Sydney is just amazing at night.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi LeanneFinney,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Astral Tower and Residences.

Congratulations on your nuptials! We are so happy that you choose to celebrate such an important occasion with us.
It is a delight to read that we were able to make your wedding stay so memorable.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My friend and I have just had the most delightful overnight stay at The Star Casino in the Astral Tower. I booked a standard room (with Pyrmont view) as we were attending a show at the Lyric theatre. On arrival we were greeted with an upgrade to a Harbourview Suite, an invitation to the Executive Lounge where we were welcome to complimentary beverages and canapes in the evening, and a beautiful breakfast in the morning. Our suite was in pristine condition with plenty of room to relax. The King bed was one of the comfiest hotel beds I have ever slept in and the quality of bed linen was superb. From the first encounter at Reception, the staff went out of their way to ensure our every need was met. Room service was ordered at midnight and arrived within 20 mins, hot and delicious and the discount parking was a bonus at the end.

Special shout out to Karel (Reception), Fabian, Allessandra & Honey (Exec Lounge) and the lovely bellboy - sorry we forgot your name - who insisted on walking us from the Tower to the Foodcourt so we could enjoy Din Tai Fung dumplings - thankyou guys - you all deserve Employee of the Month awards :)

Having worked in hospitality both as ground staff and in management, I was very surprised at how superb this hotel was. I will definitely stay there again, next time I book a show at the Lyric, purely because it felt like we were miles away from home (when really we were only a 20 min drive away).

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
The_Star_Management, Manager at Astral Tower and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Hels0509,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Astral Tower and Residences.

It is such a delight to read how much you enjoyed your time with us and that we made your stay so memorable.
Thank you for your kind comments on our new executive lounge, as well as our rooms and facilities.
We'll be sure to share your wonderful comments with the team and pass on your praise.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2018

The hotel reception staff Rachel was very nice.
She was very polite and professional during my check in and check out.
When I checked in, I forgot my driver license ID on the reception.
She quickly called me and later sent it to my room.
She is really a good staff, with nice smile and multi-language ability.
Very appreciated that she also upgraded my room.
If there is any chance, I would like to stay in Astral tower again!

Room Tip: Astral tower is very good for holiday. Very appreciated that they upgraded my room.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
The_Star_Management, Manager at Astral Tower and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear QuincyC,

We're thrilled that Rachel looked after you so well during stay and that we could offer you an upgrade.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Astral Tower and Residences in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Wow .. I don’t even know where to start .. from the minute we arrived and were greeted at the door. The service and ambience here is outstanding..as we approached the check in desk . The beaming smile from the lovely Christina . Made us feel so welcome .. not only did she check us in early . She upgraded us to the amazing Anzac Suite because we were celebrating our 30 th anniversary.. it was the best weekend we have experienced anywhere ..As we opened the door . I actually teared up at how beautiful this suite was . There would not be enough words to describe it .. The decor was stunning . The view of the Harbour Bridge breathtaking .. the lounge and bedroom spectacular. But the bathroom . I felt like a celebrity. The toiletries were so luxurious. As we settled in.. there was a knock at the door and we were given champagne and strawberries. After wiping away more tears , we settled in to the best weekend of my life . Every part of the complex .was superb . We visited quite a few of the restaurants.. Fat Noodle again amazing service and great food. Din Tai Fung. Delicious . We had breakfast at the Harvest buffet . What an experience. So much choice ,and the food was fresh and delicious. .. The casino is lovely and bright and so much fun .. I honestly couldn’t recommend The Star high enough and cannot wait to come back

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear cathyvl,

Congratulations on your 30th Anniversary and for choosing to celebrate with us at Astral Tower and Residences.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us.

It is always wonderful to know that we have made our guests stays memorable, especially for a special occasion such as yours.
We are delighted that you loved not only our beautiful Anzac Suite and our welcoming team (especially Christina with her beaming smile) but also all The Star Sydney has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.