1,260 results
All reviews star city lyric theatre casino complex darling harbour bedroom apartment pyrmont view light rail room service city view upgraded to a suite an upgrade mini bar full kitchen king bed buffet breakfast early check central station
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in a standard room but it was nowhere near standard! From the reception to the room service the staff have been very kind and helpful. The room that we stayed was just fantastic. Compared to the other 5 star hotels in Sydney this one now is in my top 3. I also didnt expect it to be family friendly as when our kids joined us the next day they had so much fun in the pool. Breakfast was also better than most of the continental buffets you can find. Highly and strongly recommended!!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
The_Star_Management, Manager at Astral Tower and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Dear Ozge S,

Thank you for your review of Astral Tower and Residences at The Star and rating us an amazing five stars!

We were delighted to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated room and your family enjoyed our pool facilities. We also appreciate your positive comments on our kind and helpful staff and our buffet breakfast in Harvest Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Astral Tower and Residences, and would love to hear from you when you are thinking of returning. Please do not hesitate to contact us on StarAstralAssistantManagers@star.com.au.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I'm going to preface this by saying that I hate the casino and all it stands for. It is a cesspit of human misery and literally makes my skin crawl. And the entire Star Casino complex is geared around getting people into that casino. No thanks.
I had what I think was a standard King room and was super impressed. I'm pretty hard to impress when it comes to hotel rooms but this room was awesome. The rooms have been freshly renovated and as such, show almost no sign or wear and tear. The bathroom was quite small but really lovely and obviously very clean. The bed was amazingly comfortable and the giant TV right in front of it was excellent.

As for the dining, unfortunately, most of the dining options are geared more towards the casino visitors which isn't ideal. Due to Sydney's nanny-state drinking laws, the casino (which seems to be largely exempt from these laws, funny that) attracts people I generally would prefer not to be around. Does this make me a snob? Probably but I've been called worse. Trying to get some dinner was a pain in the backside. I tried Century and was basically grunted at by the rude guy on the front door so I left there and tried Harvest which had a queue of at least 50 people. Yeah, nah. Then I found Fat Noodle which unfortunately was in the middle of the casino floor and the food wasn't good enough to make up for this and also, the service was terrible.
After my b-grade dinner at Fat Noodle I wanted to get a drink. The casino was grossing me out so I googled my options and decided to try my luck at the bar at Sokyo at The Darling (part of The Star but separate enough that my casino heebie jeebies went away). This was a good plan, the drinks at Sokyo were yummy and the service was friendly and impeccable.

So in short, my rating of 4/5 is strictly for Astral Tower only, The Star complex as a whole is gross. And the hotel lost a point for the undies (not mine) I had to step over in the hallway outside my room.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Dear Smillalikestotravel,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Astral Tower and Residences at The Star.

We were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful new room and had a comfortable stay.

We regret that other aspects of your stay did not live up to your expectations and will be forwarding through your feedback to our Food and Beverage Dining Manager and Executive Housekeeper for their follow up with their respective teams.

We do hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to Astral Tower and Residences at The Star in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us on StarAstralAssistantManagers@star.com.au if you are thinking of returning.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

Excellent service. The staff is very friendly and service minded.
This is our first time in Australia. We had been travelling for 30 hours and were exhausted. We were so lucky to be able to excess our rooms early as we could make a very early check in. Thank you!

We very much recommend this lovely hotel.

Stayed: February 2017
The_Star_Management, Manager at Astral Tower and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Dear Cindy S,

Thank you for reviewing Astral Tower and Residences at The Star.

We were ecstatic to receive your amazing five star review and delighted to hear your positive feedback relating to our staff and service.

We do hope that we may welcome you back in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us on StarAstralAssistantManagers@star.com.au if you are thinking of returning.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

I stayed in a one bedroom suite at The Star. The room itself was new and the view was great. But when I went into the bedroom I noticed there was no separation of the bathtub and toilet from the bed. This gave a whole new meaning to open plan living. I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels and apartments in my travels but I’ve never seen anything so badly designed. Maybe if you’re staying there by yourself it would be fine but two people may find it a bit too cosy. Also, the rate on this same room varies day-to-day and I was quoted $957 on one booking enquiry and a few days late the room was available for $483.

Stayed: January 2017

Dear Bill2222,

Thank you for your review of Astral Tower and Residences at The Star.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are concerned that we did not live up to your expectations. We strive to provide high standards in both our service and facilities and apologise if you feel we did not do so during your recent stay.

We would love to connect with you personally to discuss your experience. If you would like to do so, please send your contact details through to StarAstralAssistantManagers@star.com.au and we will reach out to you directly.

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the Star suite and it was magnificant. From the doorbell to the marble bathroom, this room was on another level. Breakfast was served in the morning on time, fresh and delicious with the staff also excellent.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear John F,

Thank you for your wonderful five star review following your stay with us at Astral Tower and Residences at The Star.

We were delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated your positive comments on our newly refurbished suites and buffet breakfast.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you are planning on visiting again, we can be reached on StarAstralAssistantManagers@star.com.au.