“Disppointing Stay”

Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
Ranked #13 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 29 February 2012

friend......My sisters and I stayed 3 nights aftr revieiwng Tripadvsiors' review on this property. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment overlooking the Harbour.
The location of the property is nothing but perfect and the view is absolutely breathtaking.
It it si the view one is after and the rest of the rpoeprty and service is not important then this is the place.

We paid for a 5 star serviced apartment and expected a 5 star service.Considering what we paid it is expensive.
On arrival at the reception while checking in I gave instruction to the staff to enquire on quotes for a car and chauffeur for a full day. to go to the vineyard and fruit picking. II had impressed on the guy that that is the nly free day we have and to please make sure I have a car. The guy assured me it will be done and he will leave whatever quotes he gets with his colleague. on returning later in teh evening, I discovered that a private tour guide was recommded for my use if I wanted and no quotes on any car and chauffeur.

When we checked in the bathroom in the 2nd bedroom was not properly cleaned. I didnt do anyhting about it hoping that the maids will clean the bathroom the following day. When we returned the next day after lunch we noticed that the bathroom was cleaned at the top, towels changed and the beds were tidied in a hurry, the runner for the bed was left where we left it on the floor the night before. The floor of the bathroom was left as it was when we left. So I called housekeeping and someone by the name of "Dan" took my call. Having explained to her she sent a Nepalese help up to clean the floor. We were shocked at the amount of dust and hair that was swept out by this man.

Finally the day before our departure I booked a van to take us to the airport. I approached the reception in the morning to arrange for the transport. The same assurance was given to me by staff that " it will be done". Again we returned at midday....I checked to make certain that transport was booked, A lady attended to me,.....she found nothing in the system....nevertheless she assurd me she will ratify this and book me a van. When we returned in the evening, we again found that no reservation was made for a van to take us to the airport.
Finally the staff on duty that evening immediatelt booked the van and confirmed the same with me. Having had this experience I had to call the reception again the next mornng that the reervation was made..

The efficiency and friendliness of the staff at the restaurant is commendable.

For us the service is short of a 5 satr.

Room Tip: Ask for the Harbour view, but price is steep.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Challenging
Belinda P, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Quay Grand Sydney. I am disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.

At Mirvac Hotels & Resorts, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

I hope that you will accept our apology and allow us the opportunity to show you this level of service is not indicative of the usual high standard at our hotel.

Should you have any further feedback i would certainly like to speak with you if you could contact me via the below email and or telephone number

Belinda Paterson
Quay Grand Suites Sydney
9256 4000
belinda_paterson@mirvac.com

Reviewed 24 February 2012

A five star hotel, with five star prices, but none of the stuffy formality you sometimes find with the 'big brands' in top tourist spots. Very friendly and helpful front-of-house staff.

Can't beat the location, ferry and train connections metres away, and if you're going to the Opera House for a show, it's just 4 minutes walk.

Plenty of dining options nearby, in all price ranges. Well set up kitchen and dining area in the suite, ideal if you want to self-cater. We got our own breakfast supplies in, in house was very expensive. WiFi extra charge, $45 for 3 days, but good speed and allowed multiple simultaneous logins.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the Harbour view - watch the bridge climbers from your balcony!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Spent 4 nights overlooking Sydney harbour and Circular Quay in a great apartment which had its own well equipped kitchen, including washing machine and dryer, dishwasher and microwave, full cooker etc. The location was fantastic, the hotel staff delightful and very helpful. Everything was in easy reach, from the local hotels and bars, to the ferries and local buses. My husband is disabled so being able to take the elevator directly down to Circular Quay plaza which is on the flat, he was able to move about easily. Hotel is opposite the Botanical gardens and Government house as an added bonus.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a Harbour view - Circular Quay and the harbour provide all the entertainment you w...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband, 9 year old daughter and I stayed here for 5 nights, in a spacious 1 bedroom, waterview apartment. The apartment was lovely, well-serviced, well-stocked and included a washer and dryer which turned out to be a real bonus. The view from the balcony was fantastic - watched the ferries and cruise ships come and go with the Harbour Bridge in the background. The Opera House is a few short steps from the hotel's front door, as are many sidewalk restaurants and shops. Oh, and the Royal Botanical Gardens are a short stroll away. The staff were extremely helpful and available. This place is expensive but everything in this part of Sydney is - we were glad we treated ourselves to a stay here. It's a wonderful jumping-off spot for tourist activities as the ferries, train and buses are a stone's throw away.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite on a higher floor so the noise from the quay activity won't bother you. If you...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed for a total of 5 nights on two visits in January 2012 and cannot speak too highly of this luxurious establishment. Located on Macquarie Street between Circular Quay and the Botanical Gardens, Quay Grand offers ten floors of luxurious fully-equipped apartments. We chose a high floor overlooking Circular Quay and the views from the balcony overlooking the Rocks and the Harbour Bridge were truly memorable. The pool and spa area is accessed by a separate lift, and the restaurant overlooks the quay side.
Quay Grand is run with a quiet efficiency. It is not cheap but it is excellent value, and we would not hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose high floor quay side. More expensive than the Botanical Gardens side but well worth the extra...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple