“reasonable for the price, great location”

Park Regis City Centre
Ranked #129 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We choose the hotel for the location and price, the room was clean, serviced well and reasonably sized given the city location. Staff were courteous. There was some road noise even on the 15th floor which could have be improved with better insulation but this is to be expected in a busy city.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Park Regis City Centre

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel on two occasions during March. We had an executive room each time. There was traffic noise but, as the hotel is in the City centre and on a main road, it's only to be expected. We found the staff on reception extremely helpful and knowledgeable. It is very convenient for Circular Quay and to walk through Hyde Park and the Botanic Gardens to the Opera House, Darling Harbour, King's Cross etc. We would certainly return.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Yes its a bit noisy but what do you expect when you are in the heart of the city?

* 2 minutes for a supermarket
* 5 minutes to Town Hall train station
* buses at your door
* McDonalds and Hungry jacks across the road, Subway and Coffee Club right next door.
* Walk to Circular Quay takes 20 min down one road.

The room was nice and clean. Extremely comfortable beds with a sheet, blanket and dona. Our room had a small wardrobe with had extra pillows and blankets. An iron and ironing board was also provided in room as well as a small fridge and kettle. Shower was a bit weird to work out but was nice and hot. Hairdryer was provided as well as shampoo and conditioner and body wash. The hotel was fully booked and we couldn't hear the neighbours.

We had a view over park street looking towards the park. All our windows opened up for fresh air, but there was also air con if required.

The roof lookout is amazing and better than the centerpoint tower! I would rebook just for the view!!

Staff were friendly and nothing was a problem. They have suitcase storage for $2 after you check out.

Room Tip: Rooms near the lift would be noisy
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Within walking distance to Hyde Park, Circular Quay, Darling Harbour and Chinatown, also to buses and trains. My husband and I stayed here before going on a cruise which left from Circular Quay. Other "cruisers" staying at the hotel walked but we hopped on the bus to get to the ship. We were very happy with the room, small but big enough. We were able to make tea and coffee and put "snacks" for breakfast in the fridge - a big saving. We didnt use the pool because of the weather but went up to the roof for the amazing view. Also great being able to do laundry before we went on the cruise. Would definitely stay again. Check out the "hot deals" on the web-site. They have a price at the moment for $103.

Room Tip: We went for the cheapest and were very happy with it.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I just finished a two night stay at the Park Regis, and in all honesty, I had a great stay there.
Having read the previous reviews, I will admit I was a bit apprehensive, but I had no issues at all at the Park Regis. I reviewed lots of hotels in the CBD, and decided to pick the Park Regis because of #1 - the location, and #2- the price, which I found entirely reasonable. I arrived at the hotel about 1/2 hour before check in time, but was advised by the very friendly lady at reception that my room was ready. She reviewed the hotel policies with me, which were all pretty standard, and made sure I had the info I needed to use the elevators. I was pleasantly surprised when I entered my room - it was spic and span clean. I had no troubles with the TV, or the noise from the street. I guess when I am staying in the very heart of a vibrant international city, I expect to hear noise (and in all honesty, the noise was quieter at the Park Regis from the ninth floor than it was when I stayed in Manhattan, and I was not expecting that at all!) The bed and the pillows were clean and comfy, and both nights I had a great sleep. Yes, the bathroom is small, but I wasn't looking at buying the place - and I came to Sydney to see Syndey, not stay in my hotel room or the bathroom! I had no issue with the condition of the bathroom, the towels, or the pressure in the shower. The location of the Park Regis is FANTASTIC! There is a Subway (the fast food restaurant) right next door on one side, and a coffee shop right next door on the other side. There is a Starbucks within 1/2 block on the same side of the street, a Macdonalds within 1/2 block on the other side of the street, and a Woolworths only a one minute walk on the next block over on the same side of the street.
The room had a small fridge in it, which thrilled me - I walked to the Woolworths and stocked up on things like water which cost 4 times more elsewhere. Plus, it was nice to have healthy snacks on hand (like being able to pull strawberries out of the fridge!) and seeing as the hotel provided milk and a kettle, I was able to have a cuppa at any point without having to get dressed and go out!
Circular Quay is a 15-20 minute walk from the hotel (although be prepared as it takes longer to walk back as the walk back is mostly uphill). Town Hall is within one block, as is the major newly renovated shopping mall (Westfields if I recall correctly). Once I was in the CBD, I did not use a cab once. There is a free transit bus #555 that runs on Elizabeth Street (one block over) from Central Station to Circular Quay regularly. I thought the staff working at reception were lovely - any time I dealt with them they were friendly and efficient. I booked a return shuttle at the airport upon my arrival in Sydney which required a 24 hour notice of pickup time for shuttle back to airport from the hotel - when I asked the fellow at reception if he could help me do that, he was fantastic. There is also a map available at reception which I found very helpful, along with the information the staff at reception gave me. I simply would have no issue staying at this hotel again!

Room Tip: I stayed on the ninth floor facing the front street of the hotel, and honestly, I did not find the n...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo