“Such convenient location you forgive other things”

Park Regis City Centre
Ranked #124 of 177 Hotels in Sydney
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Such convenient location you forgive other things”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Within walking distance to Hyde Park, Circular Quay, Darling Harbour and Chinatown, also to buses and trains. My husband and I stayed here before going on a cruise which left from Circular Quay. Other "cruisers" staying at the hotel walked but we hopped on the bus to get to the ship. We were very happy with the room, small but big enough. We were able to make tea and coffee and put "snacks" for breakfast in the fridge - a big saving. We didnt use the pool because of the weather but went up to the roof for the amazing view. Also great being able to do laundry before we went on the cruise. Would definitely stay again. Check out the "hot deals" on the web-site. They have a price at the moment for $103.

Room Tip: We went for the cheapest and were very happy with it.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Edmonton Alberta
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I just finished a two night stay at the Park Regis, and in all honesty, I had a great stay there.
Having read the previous reviews, I will admit I was a bit apprehensive, but I had no issues at all at the Park Regis. I reviewed lots of hotels in the CBD, and decided to pick the Park Regis because of #1 - the location, and #2- the price, which I found entirely reasonable. I arrived at the hotel about 1/2 hour before check in time, but was advised by the very friendly lady at reception that my room was ready. She reviewed the hotel policies with me, which were all pretty standard, and made sure I had the info I needed to use the elevators. I was pleasantly surprised when I entered my room - it was spic and span clean. I had no troubles with the TV, or the noise from the street. I guess when I am staying in the very heart of a vibrant international city, I expect to hear noise (and in all honesty, the noise was quieter at the Park Regis from the ninth floor than it was when I stayed in Manhattan, and I was not expecting that at all!) The bed and the pillows were clean and comfy, and both nights I had a great sleep. Yes, the bathroom is small, but I wasn't looking at buying the place - and I came to Sydney to see Syndey, not stay in my hotel room or the bathroom! I had no issue with the condition of the bathroom, the towels, or the pressure in the shower. The location of the Park Regis is FANTASTIC! There is a Subway (the fast food restaurant) right next door on one side, and a coffee shop right next door on the other side. There is a Starbucks within 1/2 block on the same side of the street, a Macdonalds within 1/2 block on the other side of the street, and a Woolworths only a one minute walk on the next block over on the same side of the street.
The room had a small fridge in it, which thrilled me - I walked to the Woolworths and stocked up on things like water which cost 4 times more elsewhere. Plus, it was nice to have healthy snacks on hand (like being able to pull strawberries out of the fridge!) and seeing as the hotel provided milk and a kettle, I was able to have a cuppa at any point without having to get dressed and go out!
Circular Quay is a 15-20 minute walk from the hotel (although be prepared as it takes longer to walk back as the walk back is mostly uphill). Town Hall is within one block, as is the major newly renovated shopping mall (Westfields if I recall correctly). Once I was in the CBD, I did not use a cab once. There is a free transit bus #555 that runs on Elizabeth Street (one block over) from Central Station to Circular Quay regularly. I thought the staff working at reception were lovely - any time I dealt with them they were friendly and efficient. I booked a return shuttle at the airport upon my arrival in Sydney which required a 24 hour notice of pickup time for shuttle back to airport from the hotel - when I asked the fellow at reception if he could help me do that, he was fantastic. There is also a map available at reception which I found very helpful, along with the information the staff at reception gave me. I simply would have no issue staying at this hotel again!

Room Tip: I stayed on the ninth floor facing the front street of the hotel, and honestly, I did not find the n...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Willimina
Lane Cove, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2012

After a long day in the office and an early start the next day I thought I would stay in the city so I could grab an extra hour of sleep. That extra hour never eventuated due to the lack of double glazing...the sirens and yelling were constant, however I was on a low floor. The service was average, the staff need to undertake further training in customer service. I didnt have my frequent flyer card but had the number and the staff member said, "sorry new rule, no card, no points. A moderate makeover with an 80cm LCD TV and some cheap artwork helped bring the room closer to modern day expectations but for close to $200 I would have expected better. The bathroom is tiny which was not a great concern as I was alone, The aircon switch was out of whack meaning the highest speeed was actually "off" and there were no glasses in the cupboard. Handy location however will be looking to others next time.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank rockriva
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I stayed at the Park Regis City Centre for 4 nights, the hotel is very convenient to the shopping district and train station, but the rooms are just terrible, Upon walking in and speaking with guest services they were not very friendly, I believe one of the night time staff members was average but thats about it. The rooms were very small and very outdated, there was mould on the bathroom floor and the beds were extremely uncomfortable, the air conditioning had minimal settings so basically it was either on full or off!! not good if you just want light cooling in your room, our key card randomly stopped working on our last night and we had to go down to reception to fix, might I add there was no apology just a swipe and a few taps of the keyboard to get it going. Internet is expensive for wireless connection and the internet in the lobby is $2.50 for 15 minutes, youll even get an unreliable computer that freezes how awesome right?? The house keeping staff barely speak a word of English and use the guest elevators for their laundry service tubs so if your in their way you better move. You need to slam the doors when going out to get them to actually shut, this made me a little concerned as I thought i may wake other guests. There is a roof top pool but it is absolutely pointless along with the area on the roof which you can go out for a smoke but after 10:30 it will be sealed and youll have to go downstairs, the elevators are by far the slowest for a 45 floor hotel, the wait was absolutely incredible (MORE THAN 5 MINUTES) if it sais is going up dont buy it as more than likely your actually going down, I am very dissatisfied with this hotel and would not stay here EVER again!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a high floor is you can
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Barry W

Travellers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2012

The Park Regis is a very comfortable hotel right in the centre of Sydney's CBD. You really couldn't be more conveniently located, as it is right in the middle of the city's business and shopping precinct, barely a minute's walk from either Town Hall Station or Museum Station for the airport, and just as close to the free CBD Shuttle bus.

The hotel makes up the lower floors of an apartment block, and the rooftop pool area is shared.

Rooms are on the small side, but very comfortable. I had an excellent bed, but the pillows were useless. Road noise is bad, but forgivable given the location.

There are warnings about low water pressure, but I didn't have an issue with this, as the pressure seemed reasonable; it was a nightmare to mix, though. Whichever tap you turn on first dominates and it is almost impossible to get the temperature right. If you like a very hot shower you'll be fine. For those of us with nerve endings in our skin, though, it's pretty uncomfortable. The rose is too low also, so at least I got some exercise squatting to get my hair wet!

The television in my room wasn't properly set up. It seemed to have digital signal, but was lacking most of the free to air channels. It was also set to warp a square picture to widescreen, and I couldn't seem to find a setting to rectify this.

Nonetheless, I had a very comfortable stay in this very basic hotel. It really is perfect for business travellers.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business