All reviewssmall balconytown hall train stationwasher and dryerlaundry facilitiesqueen victoria buildingfull kitchenstreet noiseharbourchinatown
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

I was in Sydney for business (6 days of a 13 day trip from the US). I was looking for a hotel that included laundry so happened upon this one. The rooms are set up more like an apartment with a kitchenette and laundry and three different rooms, which was nice. I didn’t utilize the kitchen, but beware there have been issues with fire alarms going off and the fire brigade being called (which happened while I was there and shown below) and landed the guests with a A$1600 charge! As other reviews state, the hotel is dingy and rundown. The dryer door in my room wouldn’t stay closed and required me to continually close the door and restart. The pool didn’t look like it had been used in quite a while...I wouldn’t have used it.
Overall it was ok, just be prepared that it is for those wanting to save some money.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristy D
Yannick D, General Manager at Seasons Harbour Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Kristy D,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. Continuous feedback assists us in maintaining what we do well and improving areas of need. I was delighted to read you enjoyed the apartment and its in room facilities. Prior to check ins, all the guests will be explained the consequences if excessive smoke triggers the smoke detector - this will only happen if carelessness during cooking and hence excessive smoke triggering the alarm.

I also respect the points raised and would like to offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you, due to the standard of maintenance service you received at the hotel. Your comments have been noted and communicated directly yo the maintenance manager. I hope this experience hasn't permanently marred your opinion of the Seasons Harbour Plaza and we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

The only thing this hotel has going for it is it’s location. The hotel is about 15yrs overdue for a renovation. Damage in walls and ceiling, which who knows is possibly even asbestos ridden... The shower only drizzles out water so don’t expect to be able to wash out any shampoo. And the floor on the so called balcony, windows and coffee cups for that matter don’t look like they have been cleaned since 1972. The hotel staff also had no customer service skills and couldn’t didn’t even bother to ask how our room or our stay was.
Apart from this the overall size of the apartment was good, but DO NOT pay full price for this hotel. There are better for cheaper out there.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Yannick D, General Manager at Seasons Harbour Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Seasons Harbour Plaza. Continuous feedback assists us in maintaining what we do well and improving areas of need.

I was particularly disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered in relation to the Housekeeping, Maintenance and customer service relation issues. Please note they have been communicated to the relevant department managers for their immediate attention.

I do hope this experience has not permanently marred your opinion of the Seasons Harbour Plaza and we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Locations is perfect.
5 minute walk to Town Hall station and Darling Harbour is just as close in the opposite direction.

Parking is available next door, and is convenient. Next door is a good cafe for breakfast.

I would only stay based on price as there are much nicer serviced apartments in Sydney. The bed was very hard, the overall cleanliness was average and the bathroom needed a really good scrub. Maintenance is over looked which is sad as it wouldn’t take much to make this place much better. This place has let it itself down as was much much better years ago.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Stephen V,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Continuous feedback assists us in maintaining what we do well and improving areas of need.

I respect the points raised and would like to offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you, due to the standard of Maintenance service you received at the hotel. Your comments have been noted and communicated directly to the Maintenance Manager.

I hope this experience has not permanently marred your opinion of the Seasons Harbour Plaza and we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

The review below is what I initially tried to write on hotels.com since I booked from there; however, I am now giving up trying and posting it on Tripadvisor instead.

Hotels.com does not seem to allow me to leave a negative review about this hotel. I have tried so many times on their site and have dealt with their Silver Customer Support team (I am a Silver member) since April 3rd, emails exchanged with 7 different people; and they kept telling me to be patient while they are fixing it. At first, they said System Upgrade; when I questioned them what kind of system upgrade that would allow me to still post positive review but won't let me post negative review; then their response is that there maybe something to do with this specific itinerary and that they will investigate and told me to be patient. It is now close to 4 weeks and they still have not gotten back to me re the solution so I decided to post up here instead.

**************************************************

We regret booking this place just because its location. We, 5 of us booked a Family Suite for 3 nights at an expensive price. We thought it's great as it is a 4-star hotel.
The suite has 2 beds and 2 bathrooms and in the top floor 17.
Room has bad smell and bathroom has stains especially the bathtub and shower base (see photos). Looks like it hasn't been cleaned for awhile. The worst part is the water pressure. It's so weak to the point that we had to take shower 1 by 1 eventhough we have 2 bathrooms.

When we complained, 1st excuse was that our room is on the top floor that's why water pressure always weak (??). When we said that if that's the case, those top-floor apartments/penthouses should not be priced at top range then 2nd excuse was provided saying that because other people use water at the same time. We just could not fathom this logic especially this is for a 4-star hotel.

They gave us a new room just 1 floor down for the next 2 nights. Water pressure is slightly better but still not able to shower at the same time. Other conditions remain the same. We just gave up after all.

I gave this review 1-star not just because of the conditions of the room but because the way they responded to our query - excuses at first without addressing or compensating for the issue. With my previous experiences staying at various hotels in different countries, I have never heard or experienced such cases.
I would not recommend staying at this place. Please do me a favor and read through the reviews on other sites and you will see similar conditions that I have experienced.

Room Tip: Avoid top floor and check out the room condition first especially bathroom prior to stay
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Minh D

Dear Minh D,

Thank you for your feedback expressing your dissatisfaction with the level of service you received at the Seasons Harbour Plaza. Continuous feedback assists us in maintaining what we do well and improving areas of need.

I respect the points raised and would like to offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you, due to the standard of Maintenance and customer services you received at the hotel.

Your comments have been noted and communicated directly the relevant department managers.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We had a room on tenth floor. the room was neat and tidy, close to everything we wanted to vist while in Sydney , 10 min walk to darling harbour. Close to restaurant's. We really found nothing to complain about the accommodation only gripe was the cost to park, We didnt see that value for money. We will stay there again. More then enough room for 2 adults and a two year old.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Shanepol,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read you enjoyed the neat and tidy apartment with your two year old. Continuous feedback assists us in maintaining what we do well and improving areas of need. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.