Lowest prices for your stay
AU$242
Mercure
Vio.com
AU$238
5,804 results
All reviews central station accor member darling harbour george street two double beds public transport top floor buffet breakfast concierge desk standard room an upgrade light rail mini bar chinatown train sauna convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2020

This hotel is really aiming at budget travellers. So it is what it is. Don’t expect to pay $150 and get too much in return.

That said, improvement could be made. The breakfast experience was a free for all. Not helped with only one coffee machine working, which always had a long queue behind. I would think a coffee machine is something to right quit easily. Apparently not.

Hotel was quite noisy from the street. Air con struggled. But....it was very cheap.

I don’t expect much for the price I paid but some small changes could make really improve this hotel.

Staff were all excellent during our stay and most helpful.

Good location.

Room tip: As of November 2019, ask for a newly renovated room. Our friends had a more outdated room than us!
Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank Darren_peacock5
Daniel_Barnard, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2020

Dear Darren_peacock5,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Mercure Sydney. At Mercure Sydney, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

I am sorry to note your overall experience did not meet up to your expectations. Please rest assured that I have followed up on the issues you raised to ensure these are addressed accordingly by the relevant Department Managers. I also advise that we are in the process of upgrading our rooms in which you will see a marked improvement in the product.

I appreciate your feedback and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 January 2020

Needed an overnight stay in Sydney and the hotel is very close to Central Station (walking distance). Check in was smooth, staff were friendly and helpful. The concierge promptly arranged a transfer to the airport and followed up, without being asked, when the transfer was a couple of minutes after the pick up time. The restaurant was very nice both for dinner and breakfast. Overall, a very pleasant experience .

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear HPMcCurley,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback such as the central location, efficient service by our staff members and that you enjoyed the Platform 818 for breakfast and dinner. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 9 January 2020

Modern rooms of reasonable size, great location right near public transport esp trains. Good value. 5 minute walk to Spice Alley and its street vendor alley; bit longer to Chinatown; and other food choices.
Good car parking underneath - daily fee isn't cheap but good value for Sydney.
Breakfast was crowded - be prepared to wait for a table or go outside the busy times (advised in rooms).
Pool and gym are on the top floor with city views.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear pw4004,

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and that we have received both positive and constructive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Kind regards

Reviewed 9 January 2020

Great hotel. Friendly helpful staff. Rooms are being renovated. We stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms and it was nice.
Bed was ok.
The Station 818 restaurant was very good with great food - tasty mains and delicious desserts.
The breakfast bar area is fabulous with a great range of options.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daniel_Barnard, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2020

Dear RevJon1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at Mercure Sydney, including noting the friendly staff, newly upgraded rooms and onsite restaurant, Platform 818.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Reviewed 8 January 2020

We checked in today. The rooms are not at all what I expected. Much smaller than the pictures show. Plus the street noise is very distracting. My children can’t get to sleep from all the street noise. The rooftop pool is indoors and quite small too. We pulled down the blind (which was covered in dust). After reading a few reviews I’m not holding out much hope for breakfast tomorrow either. I’m very surprised this is a 4 star hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Daniel_Barnard, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2020

Dear ManuMumma,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Sydney. At Mercure Sydney, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

I am sorry to note that your experience did not meet up to your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. With feedback such as this, it is important that we are advised of the issue as soon as possible, either by contacting the Hotel Duty Manager or reception, so that we can rectify the issue immediately and without delay.

If you would like to discuss the details of your experience further, please don't hesitate to call (02)92176614 and our Guest Experience Manager will kindly assist you.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback, I hope you and your family enjoy the rest of your stay.