5,260 results
All reviewscentral stationdarling harbourgeorge streettwo double bedspillow menuaccor memberpublic transporttop floorconcierge deskbuffet breakfastcity viewpaddy's marketlight railexcellent locationstandard rooman upgrademini bar
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We had lovely time at the hotel. I stayed with my family. They enjoyed their stay too.
The hotel is very close the central station with easy access to the driveway and the foyer.
Rooms were clean and just the right size for a city hotel.
Simona at reception was great to deal with. Since I had couple of rooms, she managed to put me on same level with complimentary upgrade.
Breakfast was very busy, although they managed to get us a table straightaway. Food was good. My only suggestion would be to offer fresh juice.
We experienced good service at the restaurant as well. We went there for after dinner drinks. They didn’t have cocktail on the menu but offered to make some which I appreciate.
Overall a good stay and great service. Thank you Mercure Sydney.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Daniel_Barnard, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi ChhetiAC
Thank you for your review. What a pleasure to read! I appreciate your comments and delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I am also proud to share your comments with the team and have personally thanked Simona for her excellent efforts. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back when next you visit Sydney.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We have stayed here multiple times. This time my daughter stayed with a friend and the service was fantastic. They were treated with such respect and not like grungy uni students. They were happy with everything about their stay except no breakfast. As it was massive weekend ed sheeran, bruno mars etc there were no breakfast deals. a minor issue though.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Daniel_Barnard, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi jatss2017
Thank you for your review. I am delighted your daughter and her friend had a fantastic stay with us, in particularly enjoyed the excellent service provided by our staff. I sincerely appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a week over easter. Location is fabulous, as so close to
Darling Harbour and opposite the central
Train station.
The team leader at our check in could have been slightly more welcoming. However the entire staff at the restaurant, especially during breakfast was absolutely brilliant. A particular thank you to the most lovely Japanese lady that made our day every morning begin with a big smile.
Our personal highlight was our child’s birthday when we got surprised with a cake and the entire staff singing happy birthday. It was such an appreciated gesture as well as the gift bag given to kids at breakfast.
The room was basic and all we would have needed.
Only downside was the indoor pool. We booked this hotel especially because of this but unfortunately the water temperature was freezing and we were unable to enjoy it. When referring it at the reception I have simply been told that it has a sensor and it would always be between 24-28degrees
& there’s nothing that can be done otherwise (Water temperature was clearly below 24!).
Other than that, we had a great time at this hotel!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Hi Lionlite
Thank you for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your overall stay with us, highlighting the exceptional service you received by the staff in our restaurant. I am proud to share your comments with the team and have personally thanked Serika for her great efforts. In regards to the temperature of the pool, I advise this is usually set at 28 degrees, however I have followed up with our Maintenance Manager to ensure this is in working order. I sincerely regret any inconvenience caused on this occasion. I appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

i got a massive jet lag when i arrived in Sydney. after missed my flight in Istanbul and tried to catched up the next flight i was stressed out , the front desk was really helpfull, she help me so efficiently , i was in the room within 10 minutes, i arrived waaaay to early and she let me in, i cant stop thanking her for this. the room as clean and got i need, when my best friend came , they checked with me for security , i was really gratefull.... the location was perfect, just a duck wall from Pitt street and all the spot, i love this place....

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Daniel_Barnard, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Ephie
Thank you for your review. I am delighted you had a great stay and glad our staff were able to assist in getting into your room early after your long-hauled flight. I appreciate your positive comments and we hope to see you again when next you visit Sydney.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay. This is as other reviewers point out a fairly modern hotel which was clean and comfortable if a little tired in places. The hotel was busy and just about full during our stay but the staff were extremely helpful and the breakfast very good. The location was very good the station being some 5 - 10 mins walk and right in the central area. Enjoyed our stay and I would be more than happy to stay again

Room Tip: Probably better to be on the higher floors as quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Steve046
Thank you for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your overall stay with us, in particularly pointing out the helpful service provided by our staff, the delicious buffet breakfast and the hotel's convenient location. We look forward to seeing you again soon.