5,298 results
All reviews central station darling harbour george street two double beds pillow menu accor member public transport top floor concierge desk buffet breakfast city view paddy's market light rail excellent location standard room an upgrade opera house
Reviewed 25 November 2015

Not the most luxurious rooms, but very comfortable beds and pillows. Great amenities. Most importantly, what a view of Parramatta Road leading to the city. I think the rooms need upgrading. It was almost a triangle shaped room as well, very odd interiors.

The breakfast buffet was AMAZING!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BananaEggPie
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2015

Dear BananaEggPie

Thank you for sharing your review of your experience at Mercure Sydney.

I am delighted you enjoyed our comfortable beds & pillows, spectacular views, and amazing breakfast!

I also appreciate your constructive comments regarding room upgrade in which we will review accordingly.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 November 2015

Hotel is situated right next to Central Station and very convenient for downtown generally which is within walking distance. Staff are friendly and rooms are clean and adequate. Breakfast was included and was good apart from having to pay extra ($4) for non-machine coffee. Would have been good if wifi was included in the rate but seems to be the norm in Australia. Compared to other centrally located hotels price is good.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo

Dear mikemery,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Mercure Sydney and for sharing your review.

I am most pleased your overall experience was satisfactory; finding our location convenient, staff friendly, clean rooms and delicious breakfast.

Our Le Club Members receive complimentary wifi and this may be an option for you for future stays at any AccorHotels. Membership is free and offers many benefits and rewards. See our website for more details.

I trust your trip to Australia was enjoyable and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back when next you visit Sydney.

Reviewed 25 November 2015

We needed to spend a night in Sydney City. This hotel has a great location. Very close to Central Station and only 10min walk to Chinatown and Capitol Theatre. We started using the hotel for its location, we keep coming back because it is a nice hotel overall. Rooms are comfortable as is the bar. Breakfast is really good. Haven't tried lunch/dinner. Would recommend to anyone if staying in this part of the city.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Thompson2081

Thank you for sharing a review of your experience at Mercure Sydney.

I am pleased you enjoy staying with us, loving the location, comfortable rooms, Eve's Bar and our buffet breakfast.

I appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2015

We have used this hotel for our small conferences previously and based on that experience we returned. Once again, the staff were outstanding and they tailored the facilities and the level of attention exactly to our requirements. The food they served was exceptional. What is an important plus for this property is its proximity to Central Rail station. The easy access was useful to our clients. We will come back again.

Stayed: November 2015
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2015

Dear Don,

Thank you for sharing your review of your experience at Mercure Sydney.

I appreciate your loyalty and delighted your conference was a success. I have passed on your kind comments to the conferencing & events staff, as well as our culinary team, and have thanked them for their excellent service.

I look forward to welcoming you back when next you require our services.

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 November 2015

I managed a decent price with breakfast and wifi included for a last minute stay in Sydney for work. Super location and comfortable room. Staff were helpful and friendly. Major points for those block out blinds - they are the bomb.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business

Dear JM_traves_sometimes

Thank you for your posting a review of your stay at Mercure Sydney.

I am most pleased you had a great experience with us, enjoying the location, comfortable rooms, friendly staff and of course the block-out blinds!

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back when next you visit Sydney.