2,608 results
All reviews state theatre market street great location the executive lounge pitt st mall darling harbour shopping district high tea street level the heart of the city queen victoria building nespresso machine pillow menu large bathroom room service central location star hotel
Reviewed 29 April 2016

Very friendly and professional staff, always very helpful. Great location, close to everything. Rooms are very tidy and clean. Bathrooms are large, separate bath and shower, toiletries available if needed.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
SwissotelSydneyHotel, Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Dear Joanne J,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be so friendly and helpful! I was also pleased to read that you were able to utilize our central location during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Swissotel Sydney in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

Beautifully styled rooms,very comfortable bed, friendly staff. I'm normally not a fan of hotel buffet breakfasts however the freshness, quality and choices of food and drinks was outstanding. Excellent value for money. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Dear F3668HTmarkf,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I was pleased to read that you had such a comfortable stay with us and found our staff to be so friendly and helpful. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed your breakfast in our restaurant so much! I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our Food and Beverage team.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

Once again this hotel has met our needs. The location cannot be beat. You can walk to the shops in Westfield or QVB easily. The executive club is a very relaxing and friendly place to rest. Runnessa is always there with a friendly smile and lovely conversation. She is a great staff member.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank sunnyandbright
SwissotelSydneyHotel, General Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Dear sunnyandbright,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your kind feedback.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your return stay with us, and were able to utilize our central location again during your recent trip to Sydney! I was also very pleased that you found our staff to be so friendly and helpful, and I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to Runessa.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

Amazing hotel in the heart of the CBD.
Excellent facilities and great atmosphere. The hotel was very clean and the rooms even more so. Luxury feeling throughout the hotel. The staff were friendly and would recommend the Swiss to all.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank sarahy113

Dear Sarahy113,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your kind feedback.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and were able to utilize our central location and other facilities during your recent trip to Sydney. I would also like to thank you for recommending us to fellow travelers.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Stayed for 3 nights over Anzac long weekend and was quite disappointed. I stayed in room 1119 and noted straight away that the room was quite small.. smaller than other 3-4 star hotels I have stayed in. The placement of the fridge and tea/coffee cabin was right next to bed which was very awkward and made moving around uncomfortable.

The bathroom was quite roomy however the bathtub was small and old with the tiles peeling off.
The view from the room was the biggest disappointment. I was utterly shocked by the view... i had a view of.. concrete.. a concrete balcony.

I was willing to deal with a small room and an old bathtub however, i would not accept the horrible view! I went down to the lobby and asked for a different room on another level.. i was not asking for an upgrade.. i simply wanted the same room on another level. Front desk advised there was no other rooms available except for a room with 2 double beds. I was travelling as a couple and it would have been strange having an extra bed in the room and i did not want to settle for a smaller bed. Sadly, I ended up staying in 1119 for the the whole 3 nights...

Throughout my stay i discovered more problems and disappointments. The pressure of the showers were horrible and the bathroom was completed flooded after I showered. I had to use 2 pool towels and a regular towel to soak all the leakage. No robes, slipper, toothbrushes were provided, i had to request them from housekeeping, which took over 15-20 minutes. At night i could hear some sort of ventilation noise from outside the room on the balcony. Definitely was distracting and did not feel 5 star.

Luckily there was some positives - the beds were very comfy and rooms were tasteful decorated with excellent housekeeping. The hotel is in a prime location.

I'm not sure whether it was just the room i was in but i really expected more from a 5 star hotel. I believe this hotel has potential but due to staying in room 1119 i will not be returning.

Room Tip: do not stay on level 11- pick a higher level
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cathylu94

Dear cathylu94,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your recent stay with us, and I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this no doubt caused you throughout your stay. I know we are not given second chances to make a great first impression, however I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Swissotel Sydney in the future.