“Needs to get better” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Melbourne, Australia
“Needs to get better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stay here frequently, as it is on my company's list of approved hotels. in the past 2 years, I have stayed here 20+ times. My last visit was problematic due to poor communication regarding carparking. That resolved, I was assued of appropriate treatment next time I stayed.
Well!!! I arrived, only to be asked to provide all of my details - reception had no idea that I was a returning regular guest. That dealt with (whilst maintaining my new mantra of "Calm"), I proceded to the lift. In the middle of the Lobby, totally unattended, sat a vacuum cleaner. Went to my floor (Level 3) and once again, in a dirty corridor, another unattended vacuum cleaner. This one remained in place for at least 2 hours and the floor did not get cleaned.
Next day, the Restaurant, the Pool, the Gym, and the Courtyard were all closed "until further notice".
This hotel really needs to lift its game

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank WorldTravellor_7
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Harbourside, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay and that our service was not up to standard. I will share your feedback with relevant departments to ensure there is no confusion for any future stays.
In regards to the courtyard, pool and gym being closed this was a one off closure due to emergency repair that we had to undertake. As you may be aware Sydney has in the last couple of weeks experienced torrential rain which unfortunately resulted in closure of our courtyard area for a few days. It has all been repaired and is now open as per normal again.

I would be grateful if you would contact me at the hotel directly to discuss so I can learn more about your stay: mwigley@medina.com.au

Kind Regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

We had a suite and it was lovely. The balcony was huge and had a good view: the location was brilliant. There was a path way that led right into the city. Would def stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Harbourside, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Kate_Loves_A_Holiday,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. The team at Medina Grand Harbourside is pleased to read that you enjoyed the location, view and balcony. We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Grand Harbourside in the future.

Regards,

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Recently stayed here to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. Rang 4 days before hand and spoke to reception asking for bottle of bubbly to be brought up in ice bucket at 2.00pm ver friendly girl said there was a bottle in fridge but would organise for wine to be brought up. When we arrived I spoke to reception and asked if there was a request for the wine and she said yes. Unfortunately waited till 3.30pm and and it did not arrive. The tray in the oven had been turned over so it looked clean I had to scrub it as it was terrible and I had to wash some of the glasses as well. I would hope that when people book in for special occasions that their requests would be met.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Julie B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Medina Grand Harbourside. I am sorry to read that your request was not met and I have addressed your concerns with our front desk team to improve our overall guest experience.

Please also be assured that I have raised your comments in regards to the oven with our housekeeping department.
If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Kind Regards,

Hong Kong
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Booked directly from the hotel website as I think King street wharf is a nice area to stay.
Checked in without any problem but they didn’t tell you the checkout time is 10AM and this made me quite upset the next morning.

The hotel location is still quite close the train station as it’s in between town hall and Wynyard stations. It’s also a relaxing walk towards cockle bay and darling harbor.

My husband and I booked for one night as we’re meeting up with few friends in the city and we decided not to drive back to my parent’s home. My plan is to check out around 11ish and then have a relax brunch somewhere nearby . At around 9:55am the next morning , the cleaning lady was banning on the door as it’s looks like we’re late for check out. We’re still in bed and didn’t realize the checkout time was so early. We end up need to rush out and is not the best mood to start your day.

Room Tip: ask for the upper floor as they gave me a room on the 1st floor and it's kind of noisy
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Candice213
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Harbourside, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Candice213,
Thank you for your review of Medina Grand Harbourside, we appreciate the time you have taken to write it and I will share your feedback with our team.
I am sorry to hear you were not aware of our 10am check out time, this is advertised both on our website and the confirmation letter emailed to you. Our reception team are more than happy to accommodate any late check out requests when pre arranged.
I am pleased to hear that you found our location convenient and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards
Kristin Alderman
Relief Hotel Manager
Medina Grand Harbourside
Blayney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Recently stayed at the Medina Grand Harbourside apartments in a Studio. These units offer a small kitchen area with cooking facilities, fridge & microwave and are great for those wanting to save a few dollars by making their own meals.
The location is virtually on the wharf walkway and next door to the aquarium and all the restaurants and bars.
Parking is limited and is first in first served but good security once you are in.
The configuration of the Studio offers a japanese style screen to separate the bedroom and each unit has a small balcony to sit out on (ideal for smokers).
We would def stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the aquarium side ahve a harbour glimpse
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear BlayneyDave,
Thank you for your positive review of Medina Grand Harbourside.
I will share you feedback with our team and we hope to see you back at Medina Grand Harbourside one day in the future.
Kind Regards