“Great Location”

Ranked #21 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I stayed at the Media Grand Harbourside over the weekend in one of their studio rooms and I loved everything about these apartments. The location was excellent, I received great service, it was a clean beautiful room, tastefully decorated, with a modern flat screen TV, a safe, a beautiful large king size bed with wonderful pillows, and ironing facilities. It was a hot weekend and the air conditioner worked well. The room had an attached kitchenette with complimentary tea and coffee, and a well stocked minibar. I did not have a view it looked out over the Sydney Aquarium roof tops, but that did not matter to me. They also allowed late check out for a reasonable fee. I was very comfortable there and I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Squitymaginty,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your recent stay at Medina Grand Harbourside. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and that you had great service from the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Grand Harbourside sometime in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Turkish first
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed last 23rd Dec for 8 nights on the 4th level. We were given a corner room and the view was awesome. The three of us were given 3 single bed each which was really good.
Price was good for the Darling Harbour location however it's at least 15 min walk to the CBD shopping and supermarket. Front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Pick a corner room on a high floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Thegangs
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your recent stay at Medina Grand Harbourside. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location and that you found the team to be very pleasant and helpful.

Hamilton & Waikato Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Absolutely appalling. Booked a "Premium Studio" and received a room overlooking the Aquariums rubbish bins. Fabulous view...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The room was filthy, no surface had been cleaned, fingermarks over every cupboard and dirty linen. I was also put next to the one lift that worked. Room was extremely noisy so 2 hours sleep max. Bed was the worst I had slept in over my entire holiday.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Ishkaa
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear Ishkaa,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback.

I am very sorry to read that your stay with us was not the positive experience that we hope all of our guests have. In regards to the points you have raised in relation to the cleanliness of the room, please be assured that I have I have addressed your concerns with the housekeeping team to improve our overall guest experience.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy the outlook of your room; we do have different room types and outlooks which we do clearly advise on all our websites.

In relation to the noise, we do have double glazing in all our rooms which we normally receive excellent feedback about. We normally also receive positive feedback about the comfort of our beds, as they are only one year old, however I am sorry that it was not to your preference.

Ishkaa, Thank you again for sharing your feedback, I want to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Marlborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

We are not city people, but having gone to Australia for the 3rd time we thought we ought to see Sydney. The Medina was a very good choice, well located for transport access - we used the ferries and the monorail to name but 2. Our suite had good facilities - including washing machine and a useful kitchenette. Shopping for groceries was a little limited but the local "convenience store" was OK.

If you want quality accommodation with slightly more ability to “do it yourself” than a standard hotel this is a very good option.

Sydney Aquarium next door too!

Room Tip: Ask to overlook Darling harbour - we didn't!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PMQuestions
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear the_mcguigans,
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Medina Grand Harbourside. I was delighted to read that you found Medina Grand Harbourside was a good choice for your visit to Sydney. I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and facilities the room has to offer. While we do have a convenience store located on the same block, there is a Cole’s supermarket on the corner of George and King Street which is an 8 minute walk from the hotel.
We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Medina Grand Harbourside sometime in the future.
Katherine, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The room was small and a bit pokey. It had a comfortable KS bed, with crisp linen. A small desk had a flat screen TV & power points to charge appliances. A large mirrored wardrobe overlooked the bed. A glass sliding door opened onto a private balcony. The room had air conditioning. The small kitchen alcove near the front door had a food & drinks mini bar, bar fridge and a small selection of cutlery & crockery. The large spacious bathroom had the toilet, basin with long counter and large shower recess. Plenty of white fluffy towels and range of toiletries are on supply. The water temperature and pressure were great.

I had full Next G mobile phone and internet reception. I am not sure of the cost of wifi cost or laundry service. Room service is offered & delicious – from the lobby restaurant. The best thing about the place is the location: walking distance to Darling Harbour’s bars cafes & restaurants, the Sydney Aquarium, museums, cinemas and so many other tourist attractions. And if you are driving, there is secure undercover parking at a fee.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank aussie_shark_girl
Dear aussie_shark_girl,

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Medina Grand Harbourside. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay along with the location of the hotel.
I’m sorry you found the standard studio a bit small and pokey; we do have a number of different room types which offer more room and facilities.