“perfect for us”

Ranked #73 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Melbourne, Australia
“perfect for us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

I booked 3 rooms for this hotel as we were a group of friends coming off a cruise and wanted to spend 1 night in sydney to wind down before heading back to melbourne. I got a great deal at $123 a night and we were all very pleased with our accomodation. Not knowing our way around sydney the lovely man in reception was happy to give us directions. Everything was in easy walking distance, and I do mean EASY as we were all very weary after our 10 night cruise. Our rooms were all very spacious and clean and the balcony was nice to open up the doors and get some fresh air. I will most certainly tell others about this hotel when they are heading to sydney.
Thankyou
Jenny

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
warrenrj, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear 96jennyf,
we are really glad that you & your friends liked our accommodation. Thank you for taking the time out to send through your review.
Best regards, Warren

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night in a one bedroom
Apartment was very clean and functional
Large bedroom and bathroom
Lounge/ dining are ok a bit of a tight squeeze but fine overall. Decor is bland and tired.

The shower is a bit dangerous it is like a square tub wit glass surrounds meaning you have to step up and over I actually slipped on the way out and bashed my leg I guess you need to be very careful

Check in lady very nice the guys at night were aloof , same lady at checkout again a very good experience

Excellent location close to the quay, Martin Place, DJ's and the mall. Not far from Wynyard Station.
Would stay again if the price was right which it sometimes isnt

• Stayed May 2012
warrenrj, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Dear CraigLp,
thanks for taking the time out to send in your review. Am glad you enjoyed your stay. The points you have raised have been noted.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for the weekend. I must say we were very impressed with the Apartment when we arrived, it has a full kitchen, lounge room and combined diing room, clean and spacious bathroom and greta bedroom with much storage. The bedroom and lounge room open on to a double sized veranda. The location is one street back from Martin Place and easy walking distance to all the eateries, sights and shopping. I would highly recommend the Medianna Classic Martin Place as the staff are friendly and very helpful, security is also top class.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeff191962
Dear Jeff191962,
we are so glad that you enjoyed our accommodation during your stay in Sydney. Thank you for taking the time out to write a review.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

My Husband and I recently stayed the night in Sydney and found this apartment very nice indeed. It was 1 bedroom and had more space than the average inner city room. The heating was spot on and the location is very convenient. The only slight disappointment was the shower, it seemed to only reach a certain high temperature and was a bit small for my husband, but apart from that, it was great! We'd stay again for sure!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank carlsb82
Dear Carisb82,
thank you for sending in a review about us. It's good to receive feed back from our guests. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

I've always gone by the adage that if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all, but I the purpose of this site is to give other travelers information, so here goes. We were originally booked for 5 nights and left after 1. I don't know where to begin: the room has NO view, unless you want to stare at the office workers in their cubicles mere feet away; the dumpster dragging does begin by 5am, and the double glazing did little to alleviate the wonderful symphony of metal dumpsters being dragged along concrete. Management did point the double glazing out to us. If we'd stayed a 2nd night we were going to invite them to our room at 5am so they could hear for themselves how (in)effective it is.

The furniture is stained -- I'm uploading a photo (gross) of a chair. The refrigerator sounded like a freight train rumbling through the living room. The shower is a complete hazard, with a ridiculously high threshold to step over and I know I'm going to sound like a complete American here, but if Australia had something similar to our Americans With Disabilities Act it would be outlawed. Not one taxi driver could find the place, tucked down a long narrow alley, and the one who finally got us out of there cursed a blue streak when he had to back out again.

Possibly this is satisfactory for business travelers looking for a "deal," but if you are visiting Sydney for the first time I believe it sets a terribly depressing tone. The only reason I'm assigning 2 stars is because the management was very accommodating and refunded our money without an argument, so I do give them credit for that.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SP_Denver
warrenrj, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Dear SP_Denver,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am sorry to hear there were aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Kind Regards