Lowest prices for your stay
AU$129
Vio.com
AU$103
Agoda.com
AU$101
Multiple ways to pay
wildlife_lover
Silver Spring, MD
Great location but budget, not boutique
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Feb 2024
This hotel is in a great location - walking distance to downtown and public transit. The people at the desk were cheerful and helpful.

The room itself was just OK. It was clean but so small you could barely walk around the edge of the bed to get to the bathroom. Also, it only had some amenities. For instance, there was shampoo but no conditioner and toilet paper but no facial tissues. Finally, there was only someone at the desk during the day. If you had a problem in the evening, you were out of luck.

Important note - there is no elevator and all rooms are at least 1 flight of stairs from the lobby. I don't recall seeing this in the description.

I think if it had been marketed as a budget hotel instead of calling it boutique, I would have expected less.
Date of stay: January 2024
    AU$327
    AU$304
2.2 km from Sydney Boutique Hotel
View more hotels in Sydney
All reviews king cross no lift great location deluxe room kings cross station recommend this hotel great stay comfortable bed enjoyable stay rooms are clean public transport mini bar potts point min walk darlinghurst balcony cafes
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 December 2023

Incredibly friendly and welcoming staff. Walked in to a clean and sterile-smelling room. A little on the small side, but no complaints for a couple who were coming and going all day. Ideal location to get into city. Overall very satisfactory experience

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily B
Reviewed 21 November 2023 via mobile

Really nice stay here, I arrived in Sydney early hours so I was trying to find accommodation last minute when I called the hotel the manager answered as it was diverted to his phone out of hours.

The checked on his laptop and he had availability so booked me in for that morning, usually check in is 3pm onwards in hotels but he said as soon as the current guest has checked out and the room is cleaned he will call me.

At 9:00am he called to say it was ready and I can check in early, I really appreciated this as I was so tired from travelling.

He’s super friendly, helpful and polite.

I felt safe here and it was clean, if I’m honest the room was basic it’s not a 5* hotel but they don’t claim to be this but the bed was really comfy, really nice shower hot and powerful and there’s a TV and kettle for tea and coffee.

Close to Victoria road and Oxford road and the train station, literally everything you need close by great nightlife on a weekend, also only a 30 min nice walk to the opera house and Sydney harbour.

Excellent hotel and service, I’m giving this 5* and recommend anyone to stay here, if I’m ever back in Sydney I’ll be staying here, great value for money!!

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2023

Our stay was really nice! The room is clean, tidy, new, with a modern look, large bathroom for the Australian standard and a fast internet connection. The place is ran by a kind man who was waiting for us in front of the door when we got there. I suggest this place because it has a great value for money and it’s five minute walk from Sydney downtown.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2023

My room has no window. Well, to be fair there is a fixed window with frosted glass that you can't open or see outside. I don't normally call that a window but you get some natural light.

The bathroom is covered with mould and dirt. You almost think the grout colour was black (ermm... no they were supposed to be white!). Shower curtain was dark in colour and there is no light inside the shower so it's not a nice feeling. Shower curtain was a little too short so the bathroom get very wet after every shower.

The bed head is damaged, dirty and mouldy. Both bedside tables are damaged and you just cannot put anything on them. Kettle is dirty inside. Window blind was also dirty and mouldy.

In Summary - Too many things in the room are either damaged, dirty or mouldy. I don't ask for new and flashy but at least clean it properly.
Sorry I don't think it's worth the money.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2023

Fantastic place to stay. Staff were very supportive of a solo traveller(thanks Dominic) and made accessing the hotel easy. Great place to stay too. The room was very clean and had all amenities I needed. PT was close as was the lovely walk to the city. Kings Cross was really close and Oxford St. Who could want more! Can't believe how good the cafes were too and opened early. Will be back!

Room tip: Train travel is great. Get an Opal card as soon as you can when in Sydney.
Date of stay: October 2023