5,040 results
All reviews the club lounge opera house circular quay botanical gardens treasury building meat wine harbour bridge view room window seat top floor seafood buffet high tea rooftop bar shower curtain five star hotel corner room an upgrade late checkout
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

While our hotel room view was great we choose this hotel because of the rooftop bar.. When we went up there to enjoy the view over a few cocktail, we were unceremoniously and hugely embarrassingly evicted in front of other patrons because we didn't have the correct membership or entitlement to be there...embarrassing doesn't even cut it.. we were told at reception we had access to level 31..and our door pass took us there...co.e on intercontinental..your staff need some lessons in dignity...a quiet word when we went to order our first drink would have been suffice...This left us spending the rest of our stay in our room... not a happy customer at all...oh and by the way..if you want to access the rooftop bar..be prepared to fork out another $200 just so yp u can buy their drinks...We had better at the YCA in the Rocks!!! Their rooftop area is free with a view equally as good!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Julia F
Interconsydney, Hotel Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Julia F,

Thank you for taking a moment of your time to let us know of your recent experience at InterContinental Sydney.

I do apologise for the demeanour of our colleagues that was extended to you upon your arrival to Club InterContinental. This is certainly disappointing to hear and your feedback has been shared with our Club InterContinental Manager for further training within our team.

Club InterContinental is a highlight for many of our guests - with personalised and thoughtful touches and additional included privileges, the experience is accessible simply by booking a Club InterContinental room type or by upgrading an existing booking.

I do hope that we may have another opportunity to welcome you in a Club InterContinental room type so we can showcase to you the very best that the Club InterContinental experience has to offer at InterContinental Sydney.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The bedrooms are superb and spacious, well worth paying for a view of the harbour or the botanic gardens. We were on the 17th floor. Excellent location on Circular Quay and near the Rocks, so much going on and walking distance from the Opera house. Circular Quay is the meeting point for all transport buses, trains and ferries - we went from there to the zoo, to Bondi beach ... all over and public transport is so easy and cheap. Just need an OPAL card. The breakfast area in the hotel is crowded and vey busy but the staff very attentive. The reception area can get crowded and very busy but the concierge is excellent. Lovely feel to the hotel. Bed is excellent. Room service is excellent. We would go back but not have breakfast there.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Interconsydney, Hotel Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear RachelGreenTravel,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to reflect on your very recent stay with us at InterContinental Sydney last month.

I am pleased that our location was perfectly suited to your needs, alongside our colleagues who were attentive and helpful to your requirements. We spend a considerable amount of time ensuring that we can anticipate our guests' needs and provide the best service possible so I thank you for sharing your feedback. Whilst I am pleased that we may have another opportunity to welcome your return - I also do hope that you will give us another opportunity to showcase a standout breakfast experience. I do appreciate that the perception you are left with is that our buffet breakfast in Cafe Opera has been crowded and that your experience was not quite to our usual expectation. I can assure you that it is not representative of the delivery we aim to provide and I have shared your feedback with our Director of Food & Beverage.

A stay that is seamless and memorable for all the right reasons is truly what we aim for - and my team and I certainly hope we can share these experiences with you again soon. Farewell until next time!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We stayed at the Intercontinental for 4 days to attend opera on the harbour and at the opera house. The location was perfect for both and was also excellent for ferries and buses from Circular Quay. This is a very comfortable hotel which feels a little like an old Europeon hotel ( old, bit dingy in parts) but very comfortable, big room, fantastic views from room 2110 and a great staff. I cannot comment on what all of the hotel is like in that we just slept there but I did do a bit of exploring to see what was available and was impressed. This is probably not a hotel for those who seek the very modern and slick, but if you like a sense of character, cheerful and helpful staff, a sense of the cosy and familiar with an expansive and well appointed room then this is the place to be. As stated, the location is nigh on perfect with easy walking access to multiple restaurants and bars, the Rocks markets, Botanical Gardens and the harbour. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018

Dear JackAuckland,

I am most delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience and the grandeur of InterContinental Sydney.

It is always our greatest wish to understand how our guests feel after staying with us, so it is lovely to know that you took comfort whilst in our care and enjoyed the service provided by our team of colleagues. I know they will take great appreciation in reading of your review.

My team and I would certainly love to welcome your return again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed on the 22nd floor with great views over the harbour to the east.

Hotel is handy for Circular Quay, the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge.

The breakfast room could do to be slightly larger as it did get busy at times but a special mention of Sumit who worked very hard to keep the tables clean and replenish the beverages.

All of the reception staff very helpful.

Room Tip: You can get rooms overlooking the bridge and the opera house but I think that the best view is towards the east.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Interconsydney, Hotel Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Brodiehay,

Thank you for taking the time to share the positive feedback from your most recent stay with us in Sydney.

It is so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time sent with us and that you felt that our colleagues at the Reception desk were very helpful to your needs. This is something which is so important to us so I am pleased to hear that we are on the right track. Thank you also for your comments regarding Sumit, he is certainly a valued member of our team in Cafe Opera and I will be sure to share this feedback with him. I know he will be thrilled with your kind words of recognition and I thank you for sharing.

Brodiehay, it would be our pleasure to welcome your return again soon to experience more of the InterContinenta life in Sydney with us.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Stayed here for a 10 day business trip in March. Really impressed with the hotel - attention to detail is impressive and not something you often find anymore. Staff were always incredibly helpful and polite and the amenities (pool, gym etc) were very good.

If I had to pick something to improve it would be the shower, which was in the bath and not very powerful. A minor point though in an otherwise very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Interconsydney, Hotel Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Paul S,

Thank you for letting my team and I know of your great stay experience with us at InterContinental Sydney last month.

It is wonderful to read that you were truly impressed with your experience and that our team were always on hand to assist you with your needs.

We do appreciate all feedback received and so I thank you for sharing your comments of the bathroom in your room.

Paul S, I do hope that we'll have another opportunity in the not too distant future to welcome your return - perhaps for a leisure visit on your next visit to our city.