Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
ibis
2,249 results
All reviews museum station pitt street darling harbour accor member central location short stay public transport hyde park chinatown train coles blinds
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2023

All in all it was a nice place to stay and everything was clean. But the breakfast was not my taste at all because it was really unhealthy. I was located in floor 17 which was probably the issue but the Wifi did not work at all. Also the hotel should change the pillows, they are so stiff that you get headache from it.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Michelle Taylor, General Manager at Ibis Sydney World Square, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2023

Hi,

Thank you for your review. We will do our best to improve our selection.

Please note our pillow have just been replaced and we do have a pillow menu, Please always ask our team member for assistance if needed.

Reviewed 28 August 2023

The booking and check-in process was smooth and staff very friendly. The lifts are functional and spacious, even with luggage.

The room was absolutely fine and nothing special - cupboard, ironing board, hair-dryer, luggage rack, all fine. The bathroom was good, the shower was great although leaked a lot. The toilet is poorly positioned in a narrow spot, difficult for any size, let alone ability or mobility. Size-wise, it's all about what I expected from a mid-range hotel in the city, not huge but enough room to walk around the bed.

The bed was large and comfortable, though soft. The pillows are also quite soft, and one of the pillow cases had a mark on it - I just didn't use that pillow.

My room was on level 15 overlooking Goulburn Street. I stayed a Saturday and Sunday night. Both nights, the club over the road (Mr B's) was open until 3+am, with the door open to let the music out. The sound travelled very easily up to my room, the (closed) window let in all the noise. At another point in the middle of the night, I could clearly hear a guest in a neighbouring room yelling on a phone call. The sound of the lifts also easily reaches the room, with a loud whoosh each time. The fridge motor was also exceedingly loud and rattling, so turned that off as I didn't need it. I've never had a hotel room as noisy as this one.

The television on the wall also has a very large and bright sensor light, so turned that off.
There are bedside powerpoints and USB charging points, which are all useful. All lights (except bathroom) can also be controlled from the bed, very handy. The black-out blinds are also great - and the shade blind for privacy was appreciated.

Room tip: Bring earplugs
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you.

Reviewed 12 August 2023 via mobile

This hotel was ok. The hotel room was quite small and the bathroom even smaller. It was clean and affordable so really it was perfectly fine for one night. My main concern was how loud it was. It was a struggle to sleep there as it was facing the traffic and all night I could hear people screaming. I was in the 10th floor as well. Overall, it was fine.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Michelle Taylor, General Manager at Ibis Sydney World Square, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2023

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 31 July 2023 via mobile

Prices slightly cheaper than other hotels in Sydney; lots of World Square shops and nice bars across the street; close to trains & trams; rooms small but clean and no external street noise. But room air conditioning dreadful & it just wouldn't stay on and no internal soundproofing so you hear everyone coming and going so not good for your nights' sleep. Team friendly but unfortunately we will be booking elsewhere next time

Room tip: If U can afford a few $s more, I would choose elsewhere unfortunately (but it is clean and shower though small was good)
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Michelle Taylor, General Manager at Ibis Sydney World Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2023

Hi Desley,

Reviewed 29 July 2023

OK, so this review is through the lens of a Diamond Accor member. This means that, yes, I have stayed at Accor hotels a lot and so have become used to certain things as being standard across the network. But going to this ibis, and it's like it almost doesn't belong in the network.

Starting with the good - the location. Easily walkable from Museum station if coming straight from airport, and not far at all to buses, light rail etc. Shopping options are good for essentials (over the road in World Square mall, downstairs is a Coles) and plenty of places to eat out (Chinatown).

I probably should have sussed something might be wrong at check-in. One person serving one other guest. Three others in the back room just talking. After a couple of minutes, one comes out to serve. Must have had her attention for about 30 seconds before she walks away, and someone else comes out. It didn't end there. Three people to check us in. No acknowledgment of Diamond status. No mention of the promised room upgrade as a member benefit (I know they can't guarantee it, but customer service would dictate to at least acknowledge they checked). The fact that I had checked on the Accor app before arriving and seeing that there were rooms in the higher brackets available during our stay, it was a surprise to not be offered one, or to not even have it mentioned.

We did get the welcome drink voucher, but upon getting to our room, there was no welcome gift. This is usual in all Accor chains - even the ibis and ibis Styles! I just think the mgmt here is looking to cut corners wherever they can. Getting these little acknowledgmentsof loyalty make the difference and in this case, would make the other things like a tiny bathroom and no working AC a little more tolerable. An apparent 'upgrade' to their fire systems means you are now advised to shower, hair dry, and even deodorant spray all inside the tiny bathroom, with the door closed. Or risk a $1600 callout fee which will be charged to your account. Erm, maybe get better fire systems that aren't activated by deodorant?

The TV had a dangling sensor underneath it which when all the lights were out, made for a torch-like presence so the TV plugs had to be switched off each night. There are blackout blinds which work well, and there is a nightclub/pub next door for which you can hear the sounds but nothing too disturbing. Especially when you can hear the next room's convo word-for-word and nighttime coughing!

Breakfast on L2 does the job - buffet style, cereals, pre-cut fruits etc. Just don't ask for anything that isn't in front of you...it doesn't exist. I asked for a coffee...was pointed to the coffee push-button machine. Not quite the fresh experience I had wanted. Asked for fried eggs - not possible and got pointed to the scrambled eggs (which I had seen and did not want). Asked for oat milk...pointed to the machine with cow's milk. Hello, griping stomach pains. The machine only made coffee or tea. No warm milk on its own as a choice so for my child, she asked for a hot chocolate. She was told, "no." Delightful.

You will find yourself at Reception a few times as the keys lose their swipe access very easily. I was told that "this happens when you store your card near anything metal, or your phone." Well, isn't that like everyone's pocket these days? During one such visit, I arranged a late checkout for 1pm, instead of the usual 10am as I had a few meetings to do. Imagine my surprise on checkout day when the hotel room phone rings at 10.15am and they are asking me to "vacate the room".

This might all sound like a whinge, but I give you these examples to indicate that the theme seems to be the customer service is just a bit lacking in every respect. And I'm not talking about just compared to Accor's brands like Sofitel, I mean even against other ibis hotels. It's like they are badged as an ibis but have no insights or training as to what it means to be part of an international chain. It actually risks damaging the Accor brand to have this hotel in its group. There are other Accor hotels literally steps away and the price is not much different, sometimes nearly the same.

Oh, and that is my closing chapter. I must have paid about AU$150 per night. Which is bad enough for what you end up getting, but it's Sydney prices so there will always be demand. I enquired about a corporate rate, as I go in and out of Sydney a lot for work. About 80 nights a year. I got quoted the "special" rate of $200 per night. Aren't corporate rates, where you get a discount if you have a lot of booked nights, meant to work out cheaper?

Give it a miss. Had two future bookings with them and after this, cancelled them both and booked elsewhere.

Room tip: Mercure or Morris hotels down the road worth a try and also part of Accor brand.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Michelle Taylor, General Manager at Ibis Sydney World Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2023