Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
TheThirstyTourists
Yeppoon, Australia

Small Rooms

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Dec 2018
This motel is clean and very tidy, the downside is it has no lift and the rooms are tiny.

Being in The Rocks it is an ideal location to plenty of restaurants and pubs. That said though I'd have to think hard about staying again the room we had was a shoe box.
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 30 Dec 2018
Dear TonyTanz,
Thank you for your review on trip advisor. We are so pleased our location suited your needs. Please accept our apologies for your room. Our team are very helpful & sorry if a room move was not offered. We hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Happy New Year!

• Vio.com
    AU$127
View more hotels in Sydney
1,722 results
All reviews no lift boutique hotel opera house great location night manager lovely boutique heritage building small hotel flights of stairs cruise ship botanical gardens george street public transport moss rocks harbour warehouse
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 December 2018

Firstly, the positives - great located. The end. Upon telling us the restaurant was under construction (which isn’t noticeably visible or obvious / if at all on any website) on my 2nd night I came back to my room conveniently located outside the restaurant doors only to hear a pumping private event going on inside! Reception still maintained the restaurant was under construction until I rang again from my room and you could hear the noise. Plus the toilets were outside the restaurant even closer to my room. At 10:45pm I was loved to their harbour suite which was fantastic by the way, however too little too late. Also having to pack and then walk up 9 flights of stairs when I’m normally asleep wasn’t a great experience either, I’m not sure if there is even an elevator in that hotel? Platinum Accor member so i consider myself reasonably fair when making these reviews given I have to write a lot, unfortunately it will be a while before I’m back at this hotel...

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank joshuavojkovic
laurenjob23, General Manager at Harbour Rocks Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2018

Dear joshuavojkovic,
Thank you for your review on trip advisor. We truly appreciate you sharing your recent experience with us & we are very sorry for letting you down. Our restaurant had a pre-opening media launch the night you stayed & some guests did go to our garden terrace. We do not have lifts however our staff should have offered luggage assistance. Joshua, again my sincere apologies.

Merry Christmas

Reviewed 12 December 2018

Platinum Accor member and couldn’t be more dissatisfied with the hotel, service and misinformation provided. Room was large and simple but in a nice way, heritage was also nice. beds were extremely uncomfortable for a 5 star hotel and the bar is very very small and minimalistic. I Had no idea the restaurant was ‘under construction’ but that’s beside the point, I came back to my room on the 2nd night which was right outside the restaurant only to witness a huge Christmas party going on which sounded like I was at a drunk music festival.. I was upgraded to the harbour view suite at 10:30-11pm but it was too little too late. I had to pack all my bags and move just to get away from the noise. I was then told the restaurant would be open at 6:30am so I confirmed with reception only to be told otherwise so I’m not sure even they know what’s going on. I won’t be back in the near future as I think there are better 5 star properties that are more deserving of their rating and hotel service.

Room tip: The harbour view suite was very nice
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Voiko,
Thank you for your review on trip advisor. Please accept our sincere apologies for your recent stay with us. Our restaurant was having a media launch the evening of your stay & people were out on the garden terrace. Vioko, we are so sorry we let you down on this occasion. As a platinum member your feedback is very important to us. I hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 10 December 2018

This is a boutique hotel, not a bland corporate palace, and all the better for it. It’s in the old part of The Rocks, and the building itself is old, so the rooms aren’t large, and there is no lift. However, the atmosphere is delightful, the staff are lovely, and the location couldn’t be beaten. Given where it is, the price was reasonable, and now we wouldn’t stay anywhere else in Sydney.

3  Thank Steve G
laurenjob23, General Manager at Harbour Rocks Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2018

Dear Steve G,
Thank you so much for your review on trip advisor. It is such a pleasure to receive positive feedback about our location & staff. We are so pleased you enjoyed our little gem in The Rocks and cannot wait to welcome you back soon.

Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 25 November 2018 via mobile

I like staying in Accor hotels and mostly give an excellent review but not this time. The hotel is well located and the staff efficient and friendly. The hotel is in a heritage listed building with a cosy bar area. The big issue is the size of the room, very small with a bathroom the size of a toilet cubicle. For the price I would not recommend the hotel.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
laurenjob23, General Manager at Harbour Rocks Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2018

Dear westernsydney,
Thank you for your review on trip advisor. We appreciate you sharing your recent experience & I am sorry to hear about the size of your room. Our reception team are always willing to help and I am sorry if we did not offer any room move during your stay. I will ensure your comments are shared with our team and again our sincere apologies.

Reviewed 22 November 2018

I loved this hotel, the location was great just minutes from the cruise terminal. We walked with all of our luggage, thank goodness for wheeled suitcases. It should be noted if you plan to walk it is a little bit uphill and there are some uneven surfaces but not a difficult walk overall , just a consideration if you have mobility issues. When we arrived the restaurant was being refurbished but staff were happy to order food for you and you are in the heart of the harbour area so loads of places to eat nearby. We had a studio room which had loads of space and a great shower, huge sofa etc. The main selling point for me was the warm welcome by staff . We arrived early and were able to store our luggage and there were other facilities on offer had we just stepped off of a long flight. Unfortunately I had picked up an infection on my trip and was quite unwell, when the staff were made aware of this they couldn't have been kinder to me. The receptionist working in the evening was particularly kind and brought me some chicken soup which really made me feel looked after when a long way from home. Due to the circumstances we were able to have a late check out at no extra cost which meant I could stay resting in my room until I had to leave for the airport and I was really grateful for this.
I believe the rennovations are due to be completed in December 2018, but we didn't experience any noise disturbance as a result of this work.
Overall a great hotel, brilliant staff, superb location, what more do you need?

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank dorlowe

Dear dorlowe,
AMAZING! Thank you so much for your review & 5 star rating on trip advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am so pleased our staff took care you & we hope you have recovered from your infection. I will ensure your kind words are shared with our team & we hope we can welcome you back in the near future.