1,404 results
All reviews no lift boutique hotel opera house scarlett restaurant great location a ground floor room lovely boutique heritage building night manager small hotel cruise ship close to circular quay botanical gardens an easy walk george street rocks harbour
Reviewed 9 October 2017

I absolutely loved staying at the harbour rocks hotel Sydney. We arrived very early in the morning and to our delight our room was ready. So we were able to have a freshen up before heading out into town for our first day's exploring. The hotel is in a superb location very near the harbour bridge and circular keys, from where you can catch various ferries and cruises to take you round the harbour. You can also easily get the train to and from the airport, which we didn't realise until our return journey that saved us the cab money by going back to the airport on the train. The hotel itself is cute, quirky, decorated in cool neutrals and a welcome change from characterless chains. Without exception every member of staff we came across was polite, friendly, and knowledgeable about the area. They were genuinely really super people.
My two reasons for not giving this hotel five stars: there is no free Wi-Fi in the rooms at all. So even simply checking your emails once a day only becomes possible in the public areas. I think in this day and age for a hotel of this quality free Wi-Fi shouldn't be too much of a problem to offer. My other reason is there was no complementary water in the rooms at all. I do not mention these problems to stop you booking, in fact I want you to book, this is a great hotel with really super people, but I mention these faults in the hope that the hotel decides that free Wi-Fi and free water would be welcome additions for their guests.

Room Tip: Ground floor if you have baggage.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Lauren J, General Manager at Harbour Rocks Hotel Sydney - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Louise L,
Thank you so much for your review on trip advisor. It is a pleasure to receive positive feedback about our "really super people". Our sincere apologies for not joining you to our loyalty program, as all our members receive free wifi & free water. I will ensure your comments are shared with our team &we hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay at the hotel. The service on arrival and departure was outstanding! Unfortunately the non-smoking room had a very strong cigarette smell which made the stay not as pleasurable. We love the character and history of the building.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela J

Dear Angela J,
Thank you for your review on trip advisor. Please accept our sincere apologies for the smell in your room, our team are always happy to arrange a room move. It is a pleasure to read that your arrival & departure experience was outstanding. We hope we can welcome you back for your 3rd stay.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night for a getaway with the hubby. We only had a basic room which had no view but it was clean, modern and with a nice vibe. The hotel itself is on one of the main streets in the Rocks and yet beautifully tucked away from the hustle and bustle. Staff were lovely, the hotel ambience cosy and modern yet in perfect keeping with the historic Rocks architecture.

Perfect stay if you don't want a big city hotel experience but top quality service, great location and amenities. Happy hour was a bonus and gave us the opportunity to have drinks on the equally ambient terrace.

Just be prepared to walk up the stairs! Though it didn't worry us - it might be a deal breaker for less mobile visitors.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tania H

Dear Tania H,
Amazing! Thank you so much for your review & 5 star rating on trip advisor. We are so happy you & your husband had a lovely getaway with us. It is a pleasure to hear about our quality service and great location. We hope we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Great location, nice staff, and, err, did I mention the great location? The location is great, and the best thing about this property is... the location. Right in the centre of The Rocks. Ground zero for tourist central.

I had to carry my suitcase up to the third floor as there is no passenger elevator. So make sure you are fit enough to cope with climbing stairs. The hotel has been fitted out in a building designed for another purpose, so don't expect a Sofitel-like experience. It's a niche hotel, in a great location.

My room lacked power points. I'm sure if I looked harder, I could find some more, but maybe not. I ironed my shirts in the bathroom, as that was the only power point I could find. If that works for you, happy days. The rooms are an OK size, but my room had no bath. First World problem? Absolutely. But bear in mind that this building is a conversion, and compromises have been made.

Charm? Yes! Location? Yes! Character? Yes! Modern hotel amenities? Err, did I mention the great location? The staff are charming, the place oozes character, but set your expectations before you check in. You are trading a great location for amenities that you might expect in a three star hotel, like power points, let alone a four star hotel. I will draw a veil over some in-room issues that I had which maybe been unique to my visit or my room, and say that I enjoyed my stay, but other visitors should manage their expectatuons so that you are not disappointed.

PS, did I mention the great location?

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear onemoremoondance,
Thank you so much for your review on trip advisor. It is such a pleasure to receive positive feedback about our location, location, location. I will ensure your comments are shared with our team and we hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

From the moment we walked in nothing was too much trouble. We received a complimentary room upgrade for no apparent reason and were pleasantly surprised by the friendly note, nibbles and spaciousness of the room.
Our bags were taken up to our room as our room was not ready when we arrived early.
The decor is modern and inspiring.
We usually stay in the heart of the city when we visit Sydney but it was worth the extra train ride to Circular Quay for a more peaceful and picturesque atmosphere.
We will return.
There were voices and quiet music downstairs during the week, but not enough to keep us awake.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank percival_egg

Dear percival_egg,
Wow! Thank you so much for your review & 5 star rating on trip advisor. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are so pleased you had an enjoyable stay and we cannot wait to welcome you back to Harbour Rocks Hotel.