1,404 results
All reviews no lift boutique hotel opera house scarlett restaurant great location a ground floor room lovely boutique heritage building night manager small hotel cruise ship close to circular quay botanical gardens an easy walk george street rocks harbour
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay at the hotel. The service on arrival and departure was outstanding! Unfortunately the non-smoking room had a very strong cigarette smell which made the stay not as pleasurable. We love the character and history of the building.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela J
Lauren J, General Manager at Harbour Rocks Hotel Sydney - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Angela J,
Thank you for your review on trip advisor. Please accept our sincere apologies for the smell in your room, our team are always happy to arrange a room move. It is a pleasure to read that your arrival & departure experience was outstanding. We hope we can welcome you back for your 3rd stay.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night for a getaway with the hubby. We only had a basic room which had no view but it was clean, modern and with a nice vibe. The hotel itself is on one of the main streets in the Rocks and yet beautifully tucked away from the hustle and bustle. Staff were lovely, the hotel ambience cosy and modern yet in perfect keeping with the historic Rocks architecture.

Perfect stay if you don't want a big city hotel experience but top quality service, great location and amenities. Happy hour was a bonus and gave us the opportunity to have drinks on the equally ambient terrace.

Just be prepared to walk up the stairs! Though it didn't worry us - it might be a deal breaker for less mobile visitors.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tania H

Dear Tania H,
Amazing! Thank you so much for your review & 5 star rating on trip advisor. We are so happy you & your husband had a lovely getaway with us. It is a pleasure to hear about our quality service and great location. We hope we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Great location, nice staff, and, err, did I mention the great location? The location is great, and the best thing about this property is... the location. Right in the centre of The Rocks. Ground zero for tourist central.

I had to carry my suitcase up to the third floor as there is no passenger elevator. So make sure you are fit enough to cope with climbing stairs. The hotel has been fitted out in a building designed for another purpose, so don't expect a Sofitel-like experience. It's a niche hotel, in a great location.

My room lacked power points. I'm sure if I looked harder, I could find some more, but maybe not. I ironed my shirts in the bathroom, as that was the only power point I could find. If that works for you, happy days. The rooms are an OK size, but my room had no bath. First World problem? Absolutely. But bear in mind that this building is a conversion, and compromises have been made.

Charm? Yes! Location? Yes! Character? Yes! Modern hotel amenities? Err, did I mention the great location? The staff are charming, the place oozes character, but set your expectations before you check in. You are trading a great location for amenities that you might expect in a three star hotel, like power points, let alone a four star hotel. I will draw a veil over some in-room issues that I had which maybe been unique to my visit or my room, and say that I enjoyed my stay, but other visitors should manage their expectatuons so that you are not disappointed.

PS, did I mention the great location?

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear onemoremoondance,
Thank you so much for your review on trip advisor. It is such a pleasure to receive positive feedback about our location, location, location. I will ensure your comments are shared with our team and we hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

From the moment we walked in nothing was too much trouble. We received a complimentary room upgrade for no apparent reason and were pleasantly surprised by the friendly note, nibbles and spaciousness of the room.
Our bags were taken up to our room as our room was not ready when we arrived early.
The decor is modern and inspiring.
We usually stay in the heart of the city when we visit Sydney but it was worth the extra train ride to Circular Quay for a more peaceful and picturesque atmosphere.
We will return.
There were voices and quiet music downstairs during the week, but not enough to keep us awake.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank percival_egg

Dear percival_egg,
Wow! Thank you so much for your review & 5 star rating on trip advisor. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are so pleased you had an enjoyable stay and we cannot wait to welcome you back to Harbour Rocks Hotel.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I thought this hotel had the possibility of being a really great boutique hotel like Ovolo in Woolloomooloo or The Old Clare Hotel in Chippendale, not so. My room was on the third floor and it was pretty plain without charm, quirkiness or character that you’d expect from a boutique hotel. No lift was good exercise but annoying during check-in and check-out. The lobby and bar were nice enough and the staff were friendly but, overall it was a disappointing experience. Too bad because the location is great but there are too many factors against staying there again.

Room Tip: Book a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Bill2222,
Thank you for your review on trip advisor. Please accept our sincere apologies for your recent experience. It is upsetting to read that you did not enjoy our gem in The Rocks. I will ensure your comments are shared with our team and I hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.