Would stay here again - but not eat in the restaurant. Great location - easy walking distance to all the "must see" spots in Sydney as well as quick to walk to trains and buses. Concierge staff was warm, friendly and very helpful. They tended to be very busy - so waiting until 9am to discuss the day's possible tours is not a good idea.
We landed on the 6am flight from the US, and while no rooms were available until 2pm, they gave us access to the fitness center to shower and freshen up. very nice.
Room was actually I thought a step up from other Four Points I've stayed in the US. Great hot water and lots of water pressure. Comfy beds and fluffy towels.
Our view overlooking Darling Harbor was great.
The restaurant, however, was expensive and really not worth the price. Their seafood buffet, if you liked everything on it, was probably a reasonable price at 50AUD for "all you can eat" crab legs, lobster tail, shrimp, etc. However, the lobster was chewy, the shrimp overcooked, and we didn't bother with the crab legs. Continental breakfast buffet was 30AUD - and really not worth it. Most of the fruit was good - some was under-ripe and there wasn't really anything that stood out as "wow - that's worth the money". On the other hand, the wine prices (as I found across Australia) were more reasonable that most US hotels. Sparkling wine, by the glass, starting at 7AUD.
In room dining had a stiff delivery fee ... but they did forewarn you on the in room menu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you need to travel the way you like. Located adjacent to Darling Harbour in Sydney's Central Business District (CBD), our hotel is a haven of relaxation for the business or leisure traveler. As Sydney's largest hotel, Hyatt Regency Sydney (formerly a Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour)boasts 892 guestrooms, three dining experiences, and 3,450 square metres of flexible meeting space. We invite you to enjoy an unparalleled Australian getaway. Hyatt Regency Sydney has the facilities to cater for all your needs. This includes complimentary Wi-Fi, tour services, laundry services, convenient room service, 24-hour front desk, limousine service, car rentals, parking (for a fee) and babysitting services - We can help you with all of that! Plus our guests have complimentary access to a 24-hour fitness centre. Hungry? Enjoy a tasty meal in a casual setting. The Sailmaker features 272 seats and an Australian-inspired menu. The Rooftop Bar, an open-air rooftop lounge (opening late December), offers guests unparalleled views of Darling Harbour. The Lobby Bar is located in the lobby and serves coffee, tea, snacks, and alcoholic beverages, while the Regency Club Lounge (opening late December) offers Regency Club guests a daily continental breakfast and all-day refreshments. At any hour of day, room service is available with an extensive menu. Our guest rooms feature comfortable beds, large flat screen TVs, cable television, movies on-demand, over sized work desk, complimentary Wi-Fi, in-room safe, air conditioning, alarm clock, wake-up service, hairdryer, tea & coffee making facilities, and a free weekday newspaper (on-demand). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hyatt Regency Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney
- 4 Points By Sheraton Darling Harbour
- Four Points Darling Harbour
- Four Points Sydney
- Sheraton Sydney
- Sydney Four Points
- Sydney Sheraton