1,535 results
All reviews darling harbour paddy's market two queen beds close to central station accor member buffet breakfast balcony room light rail capitol theatre room service george st inner city definitely stay here again an upgrade public transport opera house uts
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My partner and I arrived in Sydney for four days for a mixture of business and pleasure. Part of the stay at the Novotel Central was already paid for by the company hosting the conference for two nights. On arrival we noticed the odd smell -probably carpet mould- in the lobby. I was prepared to pay for the balance which turned out to be $299 a night. The room we had was perfectly alright -if you were paying $150 a night but no more. The room felt like a filing cabinet, long and narrow, somewhat claustrophobic, with a smallish TV and a very minimal mini-bar. Not quite what we thought $300 a night should be making available. The really rude awakening was the hotel restaurant. We had arrived late-ish in the early evening and decided to try the restaurant ... bad mistake. Service was good probably because we were the only diners. The meals were beyond awful and among the all-time great disasters we have endured. My partner ordered a pizza which on arrival and after one mouthful she declared inedible. I had ordered a steak which was as tough as old shoe leather, doused in something claiming to be a red wine jus but probably out of a plastic pak and served with hard vegetables. The fries were passable. We both did what we rarely do and complained to the wait staff who looked unfazed - we ended up paying only for the drinks we had ordered. A hotel probably best avoided -untill they lift their game.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Novotel_Syd_Central, Front Office Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Good Afternoon rob_watts,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your stay with us.
It's very disappointing to hear about your experiences both in-room and dining.

I'm trying to locate your reservation to investigate, however, I can't seem to locate it.
If you would like to contact the hotel to discuss further, please feel free to do so and ask for myself.

Kind Regards,

Brian
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 31 March 2018

First time that I stayed at Novotel and I was quite disappointed with the quality of this particular hotel. The room is not comfortable as I expected considering that its rate is very expensive. Shangri-La Hotel's rate is even lower but I decided to go for Novotel Sydney Central because of my Accor hotels membership. I regret this decision greatly. The beds and the pillows are ordinary (the same with the 3 stars hotels That I have been with), carpet is old; only soap, shampoo & conditioner are provided in the room unlikely of a 4 stars hotel. The worse was we felt suffocate inside the room since we cannot open our window curtain to get a natural light because our window is closely facing the boys dormitory windows wherein we can be clearly seen. My only consolation was the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 29 March 2018

There were six of us staying in two rooms. It was very comfortable. The rooms were large enough and the staff very good. A couple of small points that were overlooked were: We had booked for 3 people they left us 3 towels but we only had 2 cups, glasses etc and a not many tea bags. The breakfast room was very busy and we had to wait 20 minutes for a table on the Sunday morning and then a further 20 minutes for our tea/coffees to be delivered. The staff did warn us that there would be a delay and they were very courteous. At busy times they need more staff especially when they are offering 'deals' with breakfast. The hotel is very convenient to Central Station and we walked to the Capital Theatre in about 10 minutes. A lovely night with great friends.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Novotel_Syd_Central, Hotel Assistant Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear Chez2516,

Thank you for your recent review and stay with us.

We really appreciate the feedback you have given, and I have passed on all comments to the department heads in charge.
It's great to hear that you found the hotels location convenient and that you had an overall lovely night away with your great friends.

We hope to welcoming you, and your friends back soon!

Warm regards,
Kevin
Hotel Assistant Manager

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Our annual Surveyors conference at Easter.
The hotel has excellent facilities for work seminars.
The customer service is of a high quality
which was to be expected for a Novotel Hotel.
The tariffs for rooms is getting fairly high but us common in these parts of Sydney

Trip type: Travelled on business
Novotel_Syd_Central, Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi Upperhunter,

It's fantastic to see that you had an enjoyable stay here whilst you were at your annual conference.
Thank you so much for sharing your great feedback and we hope we get the chance to see you again next year for your next annual conference!

Until then

Warm Regards,
Lydia
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Short review - Hotel nice in good location and standard, wow factor are staff (Lydia, Phillip &Bradd) all simply amazing, has laundry coin facilities and nice pool with jacuzzi.

For those more in depth readers

Hotel is Nice hotel and great location. Lovely pool not biggest but big enough for us. Hotel has gym and fantastic facilities inducing coin laundry machine. Much cheaper and better then local coin laundry facilities. The resort itself isn’t worthy of 5* for me just as a resort but staff make it 5*

We meet Lydia who was manager and she was fantastic! Helpful, knowledgeable and made our stay pleasant resolving everything.

Phillip was here wingman making sure we was looked after. He sorted a room last minute after mess up back at home and just offered excellent service!

Bradd! Everyone needs this Bradd in there life’s! He just made us happy and always had a huge smile on his face enjoying his work and reflected in making us happy!

Overall Rooms are standard and modern with everything you need for your stay be business or social. We stayed total of 4 nights and didn’t have a problem.

Lobby is nice and bar is relaxed! Restaurant for breakfast had great selection.

Overall pleasant stay but as I say staff made it 5* for partner and I thank you Lydia, Phillip and Bradd.

Thank you Novotel for pleasant staff & nice stay.

Curtis

Hi Curtis & Chloe,

Thank you for a fantastic review!
It was absolutely amazing to get the time to get to know you both.

I have passed on your great comments to Philip and Bradd so they know how much for an impact they made on your stay.

I sincerely hope we get the pleasure of welcoming you both back in the future!

Until then,