Open today: 6:30 am - 7:00 pm
More Information

Ways to Experience Australian Surf Tours
from USD 739.92
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Jose and the team run great sessions for all abilities. The kids love it and thrive in the positive atmosphere.

Date of experience: November 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Sam H, Manager at Australian Surf Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thanks for your great feed back! It's nice to hear that the kids love it. We love sharing our passion and the great vibes :-)

Reviewed 27 November 2017

I had a previous lesson several years ago but my 3 companions had never surfed before. My last experience wasn't great since the instruction was not good and I was never able to stand up. Daniel was our surf coach and he had some great knowledge about the ocean and reading it. He was very patient with us since some of us struggled and we were all able to stand up within the first two hours! The lunch was very good and we were able to enjoy it on the beach watching the surfers. Daniel was nice enough to get us some dry wetties since putting wet ones back on is terrible. After lunch we went back out but unfortunately one of our group members lost his go-pro when he crashed and we all dropped everything to try and find it. We were not able to find it but Daniel tried really hard looking for it. After the lesson he showed us a little bit of the town and hung out at the bar before catching the bus back to Sydney. Based on the website we thought there would be pictures taken but that was not the case. Granted it would be a lot of pictures of us crashing which would still be fun, must of misunderstood something. If that is something you really want you may want to specifically ask about it.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

It is not only about how to learn surf, the people show you theyr way of life and explain what else belongs to surf, that makes the experience extraordinary because you can feel how they love it. Additionaly you will meet Kangaroos, Sting Rays and a lot more animals and also people maybe you will find new friends.
Furthermore are the landscapes really nice, the food is good (i had never before marshmallows at the beach) and the atmosphere with sleeping in tents next to kangaroos is amazing :) and by the way of cours you learn how to surf as good as you can. I would go back immediately :D
Thanks for every thing AST

Date of experience: October 2017
Sam H, Manager at 2-Day Winter Surf Camp on the NSW South Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Hey Bettina!

Thanks for your awesome review!!
We hope you keep surfing and keep the good vibes alive!
You can come back whenever you want :-)

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

First time surfing for me, loved it! The coaches are great they helped us very good. Also someone took pictures from their team but I don't remember his name unfortunately. Thanks a lot for the great beautiful pictures mate! Everybody was really helpful, nice and cool

Date of experience: November 2017
Sam H, Public Relations Manager at Australian Surf Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Hey Jan! Thank you so much for your feedback!
It was a pleasure to have you with us and share our passion with you! Keep surfing and spreading the goo vibes :-)

Reviewed 12 November 2017

This was truly an amazing experience!
Everything from the delicious breakfast to the accommodation is meant to make you feel at home, with a functional kitchen, a really nice common room with TV, guitar, ping pong table, etc...
As for the surfing, I don't even know where to begin. 2 lessons per day, at different locations for different conditions, a video correction session, an amazing day trip to the Farm (the most beautiful secluded beach I have ever seen) and even surf-like skateboarding that really helped me understand how turning works.
By the end of the day, there are also plenty of things to do, from relaxing after the surf, to taking a skateboard along the coastal cycle way, beautiful landscapes from Thirroul to Bulli (and even further if you have enough energy).
There are no surf lessons on the week end but you can always go surfing on your own or with the other guests at Thirroul beach. If the surf conditions are not good, don't worry, you can go hiking instead! I went to the sublime lookout from which you have a 180° view of the coast, a rather steep hike but the view is really worth the sweat.
I will try to come back next year (need to finish my studies first) and do a 8 week surf development because one week is definitely not enough!
Thanks Sam, Lili, Ashley, Embla, Kristian, Dan and everybody else for this week, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did

Date of experience: November 2017
Sam H, Manager at Australian Surf Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Ombeline!! Thank you so much for your AWESOME Feedback!! It was such a pleasure to have you and share our lifestyle and our passion for surfing!!
We hope that you enjoy Australia and to see you again really soon! Take care and don't hesitate if you have any questions about travelling, surfboards or place to surf that suits your level :-)

Have a beautiful day!!