Open today: 6:30 am - 7:00 pm
More Information

Ways to Experience Australian Surf Tours
from USD 737.93
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 July 2017

These guys are the best. Learning to surf can be very difficult, but these guys are the best. Great instruction and just allot of fun.

Date of experience: July 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Australian S, Owner at Australian Surf Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Thanks Shaun. Always good to hear nice things from our clients!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Australian Surf Tours are amazing!

Josh was a great instructor and good company for a perfect day on the water. I think he really helped me with some fundamentals I was missing and he knew when to step in with advice and when to give me a bit of room to work on my own.

Not sure how common it is in Thirroul, but it was an extra treat for me to see dolphins riding the shore break in the morning as we were suiting up.

Thanks! A highlight of my trip.

Date of experience: July 2017

Thanks Michael. The dolphins we ordered especially for you ;-)

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Don't get me wrong, i had agreat time! LOVED the camp, the people, the surfing, pretty much everything. What really let it down for me was that i learnt afterwards the backpackers hired to sell the trip and those who work at the camp site (setting up/cooking/photography, etc) basically use it to hook up with as many girls as possible. I was actually told by one of the sales people that he only approaches girls to sell to for this very reason. I did go on the trip a while ago so hopefully those people have moved on because the could easily ruin something thats otherwise really great.

1  Thank lucy34_12

Hey lucy34_12,
That sounds a bit horrific!! Are you sure you have the right camp? We don't use 'backpackers' to sell the product and many of our staff are girls. I hope you're wrong because we address this kind of behaviour with our staff regularly to ensure all guests are treated with respect.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Lovely trip down the coast out of Sydney, Ruben the instructor (who sounds like Gru off Despicable Me haha) gave easy to understand clear instructions, made us feel safe in the water, and helped us progress our skills with great advice and encouragement. Beautiful spot down at Bulli, best surf lesson I've had yet, great day overall. :-) Highly recommend.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks so much for the review. Yes Ruben is a guru and a well loved character here. Glad you had a great time!

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I can't even put into words how amazing this was. Before my stay here, I was PETRIFIED of the ocean. I couldn't surf, I couldnt even bring myself out into the water.. I didn't think it was possible, but after only two weeks here at AST I can actually surf my own wave! and I am so much more comfortable and confident out there in the ocean thanks to Jose and Tom, who were so incredibly patient with me. They made surfing so much fun, and because they are so informative and taught me so much about the ocean, it made me feel safe being in the water. On top of learning to surf, everybody here at AST made me feel like a part of their family. Everybody was so warm and welcoming and I had a lot of fun meeting new friends, going out to the bars and they even took me to see Kangaroos which was astonishing. I wish I could have stayed longer and I can definitely say I will be returning! Thank you so much Tom and Jose for teaching me not only to surf, but making me feel safe in the ocean. Also hugeee thanks to Ashley for being so friendly and prompt in answering all my emails =D

Date of experience: June 2017

Cheers Danny! Glad you had a good time and even gladder (if that's a word) that you learned something!