“One of my most memorable trips in Australia”

Australian Surf Tours
4-Week Surf Development Course
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At Australian Surf Tours our passion is to spread the love of surfing by giving our campers the knowledge and confidence they need to catch and ride a wave. In doing so we employ experienced, fun surf coaches, locate our surf camp near various surf breaks for all conditions and surfing levels. All in all we offer a perfect recipe for an awesome surfing adventure. Every tour is different because we cater to preferences and personalities. We set a basic flexible schedule that allows for two surf instruction sessions a day with meals before, in between and after. Outside of the surf we can spend our time in rock pools, feeding wildlife, building a campfire and heaps more. It’s up to you to decide & we’ll make it happen. We have strategically chosen a location that accommodates all surfing levels from complete beginner to the most advanced in hopes that we can achieve a reputation of more than just an ordinary surf camp. We want to bring together everyone who shares our passion for surfing from beginner to experienced, to have a good time in a beautiful place!Get "The Real Aussie Experience" with Australian Surf Tours by booking today.
Reviewed 17 July 2017

The lessons were extremely concise and insightful. Never had a problem following along during any session both in and out of the water. I'm sure you can get similar lessons in many camps, but you won't get the same type of personality, attention, and care that the team at AST will give you. I've already recommended this camp to all my colleagues at work and many are signing up or have signed up and raved about it.

If you're looking for a surf camp, really don't look any further. You'll have an amazing time here and I gaurentee you'll leave a better surfer and with great memories.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Sam H, Owner at Australian Surf Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Hey Omar!
Thanks mate for this awesome review. It was a pleasure to have you guys, you got some good waves at the end. Such an epic weekend with a fun crew!
Thanks for the good vibes. Hope to see you again soon and keep surfing !! Yeww!!
Lili.

in 36 reviews
"australia"
in 57 reviews

Reviewed 11 July 2017

These guys are the best. Learning to surf can be very difficult, but these guys are the best. Great instruction and just allot of fun.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Australian S, Owner at Australian Surf Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Thanks Shaun. Always good to hear nice things from our clients!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Australian Surf Tours are amazing!

Josh was a great instructor and good company for a perfect day on the water. I think he really helped me with some fundamentals I was missing and he knew when to step in with advice and when to give me a bit of room to work on my own.

Not sure how common it is in Thirroul, but it was an extra treat for me to see dolphins riding the shore break in the morning as we were suiting up.

Thanks! A highlight of my trip.

Thanks Michael. The dolphins we ordered especially for you ;-)

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Don't get me wrong, i had agreat time! LOVED the camp, the people, the surfing, pretty much everything. What really let it down for me was that i learnt afterwards the backpackers hired to sell the trip and those who work at the camp site (setting up/cooking/photography, etc) basically use it to hook up with as many girls as possible. I was actually told by one of the sales people that he only approaches girls to sell to for this very reason. I did go on the trip a while ago so hopefully those people have moved on because the could easily ruin something thats otherwise really great.

1  Thank lucy34_12

Hey lucy34_12,
That sounds a bit horrific!! Are you sure you have the right camp? We don't use 'backpackers' to sell the product and many of our staff are girls. I hope you're wrong because we address this kind of behaviour with our staff regularly to ensure all guests are treated with respect.