1,416 results
All reviews the executive lounge circular quay opera house great location bridge view cruise terminal platinum member train station sydney harbour concierge desk pitt street excellent hotel early check easy walk botanical gardens an upgrade great room
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We were able to visit many museums and botanical garden from this location. Walked to Opera house at different times for a tour, light show and also, to see Two Weddings,One Bride operetta.
This location was great and there were nearby places for a good breakfast.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jennifer B, General Manager at Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear anniew874,

Thank you for rating us a 5 star hotel! as well as for sharing your experience via TripAdvisor as your review are essential tools for many other travelers that are travelling to Sydney.

We are delighted to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location close to the heart of the city.

We indeed look forward to welcoming you again soon on your next visit to Sydney.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

An extremely difficult trip made simple by the amazing staff at Marriott.
All staff were absolutely fantastic and exceeded expectations of service on every touch-point. Great location, great accommodation. Only room for improvement would be cooler air-conditioning in public areas but that's just a minor personal preference. I'll certainly be returning :)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Samantha M,

Thank you so much for choosing the Sydney Harbour Marriott and for sharing this excellent review with us!

It is a great pleasure for all of us to hear, that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and I'm delighted to learn that that our whole team was able to fulfill your expectations.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon on your next visit to Sydney.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I was really impressed by the Service the hotel staff provided. I also love food here. I will stay here again. The location is ver central. The room is very clean and functional.
The hotel also offers entertainment on Friday nights

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jennifer B, General Manager at Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Katrin B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Sydney Harbour Marriott.

We appreciate your kind remarks and are delighted to hear your overall experience at our hotel was positive.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I stayed at the Marriott in April for a week. Chose this hotel based on its location and the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. It is in short walking distance to the Opera House and Circular Quay with ferries departing to the Zoo, Manly etc., the Botanic Garden and the bus stop from which you can leave for Bondi Beach. A convenience store is right across the street.

At the reception they have very nice and welcoming way of checking you in. They seem to have a genuine interest in where you are from and making sure that you have everything you need to enjoy your stay. Very nice touch.

Room was spacious, clean and comfortable with an amazing view of the Opera House. Loved it. Each day they provided complimentary bottled water.

During breakfast I had great chats with the waiter, who gave me lots of tips for my activities for that day. The buffet was awesome, lots of healthy food, such as very tasty juices, exactly my thing. The guys preparing the eggs already knew after the second day of my stay how I prefer my omelette, quite impressive for the amount of visitors they had. Also, I normally don't eat veggies in the morning but they were so nicely presented, so I had carrots and beets.

The concierge team was very attentive, and always warmly welcomed me back after my day/evening trips.

Will definitely stay at this hotel again when back in Sydney. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Dear Blueberry_1313,

Thank you for the high recommendation and sharing such an overwhelming review with us!

The team and I are most pleased to read you felt so pampered during your recent stay we all look forward to welcoming you again to the hotel on your next visit to Sydney.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Our stay was what you expect from a Marriott with clean facility, great service and staff and variety of amenities. Rooms well maintained, front desk very friendly. One guy at Concierge was snarky and acted as though he was being bothered. As this is Sydney, don't expect really large rooms or bathrooms-size is on par with any most major cities worldwide. Request a bridge view. On the weekend, fireworks set off at Darling Harbor can be seen from your window. We had clothes laundered and all came back timely and up to par.

The size of the lobby and main open air dining room in the middle felt more like a "boutique" hotel rather than a large international chain. Overall, a great stay!

Prime Location:
-In Central Business District
-Adjacent to The Rocks historical district and access to bridge
-Adjacent to the Sydney Harbor for views of the Opera House and the Bridge and visit to Museum of Contemporary art
-Adjacent to Circular Quay terminal for ferries and Old Custom House
- Opera House, Town Hall, Queen Victoria Building, High end designer boutiques, Darling Harbor (aquarium, weekend evening fireworks, restaurants, tourists) about a 20 min stroll thru CBD in varying directions
-Convenient Store immediately across street
- Taxis readily available and queued at all hours

Executive Lounge:
-Great hours, longer hours than other Marriotts
-Open on weekends
-Spacious and well maintained
-Decent breakfast offerings, but tends to be the same options daily

Restaurant Suggestions Nearby:
-Mr. Wong
-Quay
-The Rocks District: Apetito, Hero of Waterloo (oldest pub), Fortune of War pub
- Check out Rocks Market on Saturday and sunday

Room Tip: Request bridge view if staying weekend
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear IMHO X,

Thank you for rating us a 5 star hotel! as well as for sharing your experience via TripAdvisor and your comments are essential tools for many other travelers that are travelling to Sydney.

Your comments regarding the service, hospitality and location are regarded as valuable inputs for the continuous development of our hotel and we will surely pass on your kind words to our team.

We indeed look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Sydney.