2,517 results
All reviews hyde park large corner bath the executive lounge war memorial museum station australian museum rooftop pool accor hotels junior suite park view accor member room service buffet breakfast surry hills room was spacious high floor circular quay
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

We did a two night stay to visit Vivid. We received a very warm welcome but things got cold when we went to our room, literally. We had the aircon on maximum heat but we were still cold. To their credit reception sent up extra blankets and an electric heater. The speed at which they offered this seems to indicate this is not an isolated problem.

The room itself was good. Clean and well appointed. The views over Hyde Park were excellent.

Breakfast was ok, but that is all. We generally don’t even try hotel buffet breakfasts but it was handy and outside it was cold and wet. Selection was ok but that is all.

We both ended up sick. Was that the aircon blowing cold air? No way of knowing. We will be back to the Sofitel next time though.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
PullmanGM01, General Manager at Pullman Sydney Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Ozrick33Sydney,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us. However I do apologise that your room was too cold and whilst we assisted with blankets and heating, I am sure this was not ideal. I hope you've both made a speedy recovery since your visit.

I hope you will give us another opportunity and chose to stay with us again one day. It would be a pleasure to welcome you both back.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I am a flight attendant with Air Canada who recently brought my husband for my Sydney layover as a celebration of our 30th anniversary. We are lucky to have the Pullman as our crew hotel. The staff is always so accommodating to our needs. This trip they went above and beyond to make our stay special. I would like to thank Nigel, Kevin and Jason personally. Whenever there is anything we need they go out of their way to help out. The front desk staff are always warm and friendly as well. The food in the little cafe in the lobby is fresh and delicious and they make a great flat white as well. Central location to downtown area, lots of great shopping and restaurants in the area. A nice walk to Darling Harbour and a short bus ride to Bondi Beach. Highly recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank cathydee2011

Dear Cathydee2011,

Thank you for the amazing feedback. Congratulations on your 30th wedding anniversary. We are so pleased that we had the chance to spoil you both while you celebrated such a lovely occasion and we appreciate that you chose to spend it with us.

Thanks for the special mention of Nigel, Kevin and Jason - I will ensure your feedback is passed on to them and the team.

We're so pleased that we made your stay even more special. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

It's been a while since I last stayed at the Pullman, and the Executive Rooms have been nicely renovated in the interim.

The Executive Lounge is excellent, with a good choice of canapes in the evening, and a solid breakfast selection in the mornings. Well positioned for Darlinghurst and Surrey Hills, and a short walk to Museum station.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Parischris2007,

It was a pleasure to welcome you back to Pullman Sydney Hyde Park and we appreciate your valuable feedback, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying in our Executive Rooms. We are so pleased with the finished product so it's great to hear you liked them too.

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your experience in the Executive Lounge and breakfast. I will happily share your comments with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

In heritage train travel circles, the name 'Pullman' is associated with luxury passenger cars equipped with the highest quality of fittings, a sense of exclusiveness and silver service to match. It's a shame that none of this applies to the Pullman Hyde Park. Located as it is overlooking one of Sydney's iconic CBD parklands, it is ideally placed to be the hotel of choice in that area.

Our visit was for the purpose of experiencing the Vivid Festival and some other attractions happening in Steak and Kidney for the June long weekend. Being a 'loyal' member of AccorPlus, I was keen to support this and take advantage of some of the benefits available through this incentive. It was therefore very disappointing that the little benefits to which I was entitled were either not provided at all or only provided after multiple requests to staff to do so.

Our room (at a premium price for the long weekend) was a corner suite overlooking Hyde Park from many stories up and would have been lovely except for the extreme décor (a psychedelic African theme with black and white striped, yellow and rainforest wall-papered walls), a kitchen that was stocked with nothing to cook with (including no plates, glasses, cutlery, cleaning utensils, etc), a spa bath for one only, air conditioning that was set on 18.5 degrees in winter with no way to change any settings, no soap in the bathroom and a 55" TV in the living area that did not work (and nobody came to fix it).

Added to that list must be Reception staff that promised to deliver services to the room that never arrived, failed to answer the phone after 5 and a half minutes wait to place a meal order and Room Service staff who did not know what a 'plate' was when I asked to have some provided, one has to wonder if this hotel was the best choice I could have made to spend my $1,000-odd dollars for the weekend.

I have stayed in very dodgy motels in country areas of NSW where a glass of milk was provided in the fridge to make a rubbish cup of weak tea, but not so at the Pullman Hyde Park. You had to ask for milk here. You also had to ask for soap to be provided in the bathroom. Is this really 5-star stuff?

Yes, it was a long weekend and the staff may have been under some sort of pressure with a full house, but if you want to play in the hospitality space, you have to adapt to those conditions. I would have thought the owners would welcome a full house and be prepared for such an occasion, but not so at the Pullman Hyde Park.

I also winced a bit at the $55/day car parking charge, but I guess that's what you have to live with if you want to drive in and around Sydney these days.

If you don't mind paying over a grand to be amused by room service staff who do not know what a plate is, and if you get a kick out of waiting for 5 minutes on the phone for it not to be answered and if you can't wait to stay in a room where the air-conditioning is on perma-frost setting and can't be changed, and if your dream is to have a wide-screen TV in the living area that doesn't work, by all means stay at the Pullman Hyde Park. I have been there and done that and, sorry, it's not for me.

I have read many reviews on Trip Advisor where seemingly high-quality hotels or restaurants get very poor reviews from some people and I think: "How is that possible?" I now know that happens and I am the wiser for it. Many years ago, in the late 80's, this hotel was The Marriott, and I have very pleasant memories of it under that management. Bring back the 80's, please...

So, here are some suggested alternatives for aspiring visitors to gay and sunny Sydney: The Westin has sensational rooms, amazing breakfast buffet and service is impeccable. The Grace Hotel has great food too and has enough olde worlde charm to satisfy. The Park Hyatt The Rocks is in another class of position, position, position and has that exclusive air about it. Quay West, Intercontinental, Hilton, etc, etc are all good.

Anywhere but the Pullman Hyde Park, please....

Room Tip: If you have no other choice and MUST stay here, get a room overlooking Hyde Park.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear David M,

Thank you very much for sharing such valuable feedback with us. We have also had the chance to discuss your experience in more detail over the phone, which was extremely helpful. It is certainly our fault that we did not advise you that you had been allocated our themed "Matt Blatt" suite and we appreciate that it's not everyone's taste.

I sincerely apologise that your experience with us did not meet your expectation. Should there be an opportunity to stay with us again in the future, I will personally ensure that you are well looked after.

Thank you again for your valuable time and feedback.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Lovely hotel right on Hyde park. Service was excellent. Nothing was a problem for the staff. Would definately stay here again. Pillow menu was a first but was a blast for the kids. Breakfast was amazing and the location was close to the centre of Sydney.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Hyde park
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear 5Ts,

It was such a great pleasure to welcome you and your family to Pullman Sydney Hyde Park. We are so pleased to hear that you and the children has an enjoyable stay. Glad to hear that breakfast was impressive and that you enjoyed our central location.

We look forward to welcoming you all back again soon.