“Birthday night!”

Ranked #38 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“Birthday night!”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stayed in the Relaxation suite and it was not as 'new looking' as we expected. I was still nice though. We ordered room service and it was good but nothing extraordinary like their restaurant Glass. View from the spa over the QVB was lovely through the large glass window! Beds were comfy. Our fridge would not open and they sent someone up in the middle of the night to look at it, they were then going to send an engineer to fix it. I just wanted to sleep and insisted they just send some water up in a jug! You think for a five star hotel in Sydney they would have offered instead of sending an engineer up! The shower had too many options. Other than that a very comfy bed! One of the best I have slept in.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I am so glad you enjoyed your birthday stay in the Relaxation Suite, and that you had the opportunity to dine is Glass Brasserie as well.

It is unfortunate, however, to see that you experienced complications with your minibar fridge and the manner in which it was handled - Please rest assured I will be looking into the matter.
If you are able to contact us with further details about your stay (including your reservation date and room number) we would greatly appreciate this, in order to assist our investigations and avoid any such recurrence in future.

Thank you again for your time and I hope we will have another opportunity to serve you again at Hilton Sydney in the not too distant future.

Michael Bourne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
newcastle, nsw
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We have stayed at the Sydney Hilton a few times over the past few years and have been wowed each time with the staff, service, location and facilities.
The rooms are unique in design and the bathrooms are luxurious in the extreme. We once stayed in room 3925 and it is the best hotel room we have stayed in, anywhere in the World. The room has a huge bath that has a city view on one side and a TV at one end. The blackout shutters make sleeping a doddle.
Access to the Executive floor is well worth the few extra dollars - drinks, food, newspapers and wonderful service.
We have pre-ordered nibbles and cheese plates and the serves are huge.
The breakfast is great and we love the mix of fresh juices - vegetable and fruit - that are available. The Yala yoghurt is delicious - I even tracked the supplier down to find where they sold it in Newcastle.
My only regret is that I cannot stay here as often as I would like
:-)

Room Tip: Try for the executive floor but all rooms are excellent, even the smaller ones. Linens are wonderful...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jks79
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

We are simply delighted to see that you were so pleased with your experience at our hotel, particularly in the luxurious Relaxation Suite.
Indeed, Yulla products are a wonderful treat and I am glad you have found a nearby supplier closer to home.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night being last night a sunday night in a standard room. Was very happy with the room. Nice design and bathroom and bed very comfortable . Check in and check out was fast and the location excellent and very close walk to Westfield and darling harbor. Didn't eat at the hotel though next time plan to eat at Glass as I have eaten at Lukes restaurant on p and o "salt" before and it was magnificent ! Would stay again

• Stayed June 2012
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your room and your overall stay.

Glass Brasserie is truly something to experience on your next visit – One of Luke Mangan’s finest establishments; with the added luxury of overlooking the beautiful Queen Victoria Building.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Room was very small. Internet works very well and Breakfast is sensational.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BNE101
Thank you for your feedback – We do hope you will return sometime to enjoy Sydney’s finest buffet breakfast.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The hotel is well situated, nice design (small) rooms, efficient check in and check out and many other positive things. The personnel is friendly and well trained and efficient in servicing the guests. But...

* Food and beverage is of really poor quality. I had a few times dinner and lunch in the hotel and the food was really disappointing. I ordered a Shiraz glass of wine in the Zeta bar which was undrinkable. I was really wondering what they did to truly ruin the food...

* I asked for a late check out at 3 pm which is normally one of the "give and gets" of a Diamond member. Though, I got as an answer that the hotel is fully occupied and that this can only be granted if I pay for it. When I pointed out that this is something which is complementary for Diamond members, she answered me "only if available" (she clearly learned her stuff). Though, Hilton, explain me how a room is not available for free and is available if you pay for the late check out ? Has more to do with greed than with availability, right ? With the price I paid for the room (400 Aussie dollars), I would expect less greed...

* My room (3604) had a connecting door to the room next door. Of course, the door is securely locked, but all noise of the room next door comes through. No isolation at all ! You can follow every conversation, television program and more. Make sure you avoid at all costs the rooms with connecting door.

Mixed feelings about the hotel. Not sure if I will stay there again. There might be better options in Sydney.

Room Tip: Make sure your room does not have a connecting door.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Tk100964
Thank you for your feedback which we greatly appreciate.

I am delighted you were pleased with our service, overall. I have taken on board your comments pertaining to the quality of the wine selection in Zeta Bar and we are in fact reviewing the current Wine List with our Bar Management. I have relayed your comments about the food to our Executive Chef accordingly; however please do not hesitate to contact us directly with further details of your experience.

Where possible, we always endeavour to honour a complimentary late check out for our guests; and as you’re aware this is subject to availability. Please be assured our late check out fees are in line with other 5 star hotels. When running at full occupancy, a fee exists for such reasons as the cleaning delays incurred and consequently the late release of the guestroom for the following check in. I do hope you can understand and we sincerely regret any disappointment caused.

Once again we thank you for your overall feedback which helps us identify areas where we can improve; and I hope we will have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney sometime in the future.