Hilton Sydney
USD 176*
USD 171*
  • Room Service
Sheraton on the Park, Sydney(Sydney)
USD 188*
USD 177*
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
USD 165*
USD 102*
USD 128*
USD 201*
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
USD 150*
USD 135*
Agoda.com
4,841 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeglass brasserierelaxation suitediamond memberqueen victoria buildinghealth clubpillow menutown hall stationgeorge streetstandard roommini barbusiness tripdarling harbourbuffet breakfastcentral locationrooms are smallcorner room
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Last hotel in a recent tour of Australia, this is an old favourite. I love the modern style and the spot on location in central Sydney.

Only downside is that the rooms are a little on the small side but haing said that this is a hotel to base your going out from!!

I stay roughly 150 nights a year in hotels an I've yet to find a better breakfast buffet.

Definitely a place to consider on a trip to sydney.

• Stayed: May 2012
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Thanks so much for your lovely comments.

We are very privileged to be located in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, and I am pleased you enjoyed our world class Hilton Buffet Breakfast!

I look forward to return sometime.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

I stayed one night at the Sydney Hilton. Fortunately it was a work trip, if I had paid more three hundred dollars a night for such a small noisy room I would have been very cranky indeed. The room was tiny and close to the lifts so it was noisy all night. In the end I had to sleep with my iPod on to try to mask the noise. To add insult to injury I got back to the room after dinner to find that the light in the closet wouldn't turn off and as the room was so tiny it meant that even with the doors closed, the light was very irritating. I rang housekeeping and was told that in some rooms the lights were designed to stay on - to which I replied that the end of the light fitting was dangling from the end of the light from masking tape which indicated that it was a problem rather than a design feature. I was told someone would be up in 10 minutes. 20 minutes later I rang back and was told the person was on their way. 15 minutes later I rang back and was told the person was with another guest and would be there in 10 minutes. By this time it was 11.00pm so I said to forget it and put towels along the bottom of the cupboard. I checked out the next morning after a terrible nights sleep. Staying there was a mistake I plan not to repeat.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank menzie2

We thank you for sharing your review with us following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I am very sorry to see that your stay was marred as a result of the noise you experienced in your room, in addition to the light in your room cupboard. Your comments are of great concern to me and in order to assist our investigations into the matter, I would greatly appreciate any further information you would be happy to share, such as your room number and dates of your stay.

Thank you again for your time and valuable feedback as this allows us to identify areas which require improvement.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

The Sydney Hilton is one of my favourite Hilton properties anywhere. I use either Syndey or Singapore as way-points on my trips and look forward to the Hilton properies in both locations (the Conrad in Singapore).

The hotel is located very close to the Town Hall station, about a 25 minute journey from the SYD domestic terminal. Exit towards the Circular Quay direction and you pop out on the street a hundred feet or so from the alleyway entrance to the Hilton. It is directly across the street from the Victoria building.

The modern design of the foyer continues through the hotel and into the rooms. In my visit there last week I had a "relaxation room" which is a bit of an upgrade from the normal fare. It has an oversized washroom area with separate commode and shower cells. A large bathtub occupies the center of the room when the big sliding glass doors to the washroom area of the room are open.

While some may find the desk area small-ish, the couch, desk and round coffee table populate one half of the main-room space while the very comfortable bed (the best sleep I'd had in my month long trip) takes up the rest. If I were to be picky, the most bothersome thing about the room is the skewed angle of the TV. You don't get a straight-on view from either side of the room (couch or bed). It is fixed in one position high up on the wall. Even a swivel mount would be nice. All of the windows in the room had power blinds that do a great job sealing out unwanted light for the jet lagged populace.

I ordered room service... hesitantly... as it was late in the evening when I arrived, and my global experience with room service at that time of the night indicates high risk. I wasn't disappointed. While Australian prices are a shock to the system in the first place the $40 cost of my salad and lasagna was not out of line. Plus, it was very good food... a not totally expected bonus.

To a person the staff is courteous, helpful and welcoming. Check-in and check-out (especially with the Hilton rapid checkout) is fast and efficient, though I always seem to have difficulty with the web download of the folio from this hotel.

There is a lounge on the 36th floor. Over the past couple years I've noticed a slight decline in the quality/variety of food in the lounge, especially at breakfast. Luckily, they have the 2nd floor restaurant area that, while crowded (not significantly more crowded than the lounge) delivers first rate food, and a lot of it.

In short, this is where I stay the most when in Sydney, even if it means sacrificing points/nights at my usual chain, and staying a few blocks off the harbour views.

Room Tip: Higher is better, but best of all, get HHonors status. I haven't had a bad room there yet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your overall stay at Hilton Sydney and that you were pleased with your Relaxation room. However, with regards to the television angles, as you mentioned the TV mounted on the wall is fixed, although for future stays you may wish to be advised that the TV located in the lounge area is built on a swivel mount and is able to rotate if required.

I am so glad you were happy with the quality of our In Room Dining service; our Executive Chef and his team will be delighted to receive your comments.

I understand you encountered some difficulty with retrieving your folio via your Hilton Honors web profile – Unfortunately our system operates off the main server in the United States and is therefore slower to download when in Australia, as opposed to when in the US. We sincerely regret any inconvenience caused and your feedback has been escalated to our Brand Performance Support Team for further investigation and upgrade accordingly.

To bring Hilton Sydney in line with our global brand standard, the Executive Lounge provides continental breakfast whilst all other options, including hot food, are served in Glass Brasserie.

Once again, thank you very much for your time and comments which we greatly appreciate; and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney in the very near future.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

We decided to splurge and stay at the Hilton for our wedding anniversary after having such a good experience last time. We arrived early as we had a booking for High Tea at another city hotel. Our room wasn't ready which wasn't surprising but the guy at reception spent time in finding a corner room with great views and slightly more space than the standard rooms which was appreciated.

We had access to the Executive Club and the Hilton is one of our favorites. They have an extensive and imaginative range of food offerings and a good range of drinks. In fact after the High Tea and the club food, dinner was not necessary.

Our room was comfortable. They are not the largest hotel rooms but are quite well designed.

The only negatives, as mentioned we'd been to High Tea at another hotel. They made a real fuss of us as it was our anniversary and got everything exactly right. We had mentioned when making the booking at the Hilton that it was for a special occasion as well as when we checked in but there was no acknowledgement at all. After the experience in the other hotel, this was a little disappointing. The other negative is the breakfast in the club lounge. Last time we stayed, our rate included breakfast in the hotel restaurant which was outstanding. We were hard pressed to find anything that appealed in the club lounge spread which was such a contrast to the offerings in the evening.

All in all a good experience which could have been excellent with just a little more effort.

Room Tip: Corner suites are slightly roomier with great views.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fussyvoyager
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Sydney.

I am sorry to read that we did not acknowledge your Anniversary during your stay. We pride ourselves on making the special occasions truly memorable and we sincerely regret that this was not the case during your stay. I have most certainly relayed your feedback to our Reservations team to be more vigilant in preventing any such communication breakdown in future.

Regarding breakfast, Glass Brasserie indeed offers a wider variety of breakfast favourites including a selection of hot food, whereas the Executive Lounge focuses on delivering the Continental option.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we will have another opportunity to serve you again in future and create an experience which surpasses your expectations.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed for one night with the wife (away from kids). Well exceeded expectations all round, great check in, upgrade to 'relaxation suite' on Diamond membership (great room, floor to ceiling window with full blackout option, ridiculously over sized bath with views of the city), tip top service from every staff member we encountered, executive lounge good as expected however breakfast can be taken in the main restaurant, which is Glass, so not only an amazing room but the food was incredible (separate bacon trays for normal and crispy sets a standard, fresh cooked poached eggs, Asian section, everything else you'd expect). The breakfast was so good I'd happily pay the $35 each (or thereabouts) to eat there anyway, could spend a few hours there grazing away at each station. Wife had stone massage treatment, could barely speak afterwards she was so chilled.

For context around the service, I'd booked this for my wife's birthday, every staff member we saw wished her happy birthday, the manager in Glass for breakfast asked her if she'd had a great birthday yesterday and they produced a 'birthday' plate of treats (not on selection in the buffet) for breakfast with 'happy birthday' written in chocolate. I had mentioned when I booked her hot stone massage that it was her birthday, that's all.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dan&Zoi

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful experience with us.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that our friendly team could contribute to making your wife’s birthday a special one.

I do hope we will have an opportunity to host you again soon, perhaps for another special occasion.