This was my third stay at the Sydney Hilton, about a year since my last visit. This visit was so off-scale that it simply will not be possible to do better on my next visit. Initially, I had reserved a room at the Sheraton, based on the reviews and the fact that the Hilton prices were much higher. A good trick, though, is to check the rates from time to time, and they dropped quite a bit on the day before my arrival. I had booked the Sheraton with an easy cancellation policy, so that was no issue. I decided to book an executive level room, with my plan being to have a light dinner and drinks at the lounge and breakfast early next morning in the lounge as well before my flight home. Given the restaurant prices in Sydney, this would be a "break even" proposition.
Not surprisingly, my room was not ready when I checked in 2 hours early, so I asked if there was another room available. The woman at the desk said that I should wait for this one and, wow, was she ever right! I came back after doing some souvenir shopping and checked into a huge corner suite (actually, one whole end of the hotel). It must have been the King Master Suite (80 sq. m, 860 sq ft), similar to a large one-bedroom apartment with amazing bathroom! The views were also superb, at least for the location of the Hilton, with windows on 3 of the 4 sides of the suite. At checkout, I asked what I did right in my life to be rewarded with the room, and was told that they try to upgrade repeat customers who only stay for one night. So, there is a trick there.
Everything else about the stay was perfect - check-in, check-out, elevators, billing were all quick and effective. As others have noted before, the location is great for a walk to restaurants or to the harbor. The folks in the executive lounge were fantastic and had the kitchen deliver vegetarian-friendly snacks at dinner, since the options for me were otherwise limited.
I'll definitely be back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located in the hub of the city, Hilton Sydney has magnificent views and convenient access to iconic attractions including the spectacular Sydney Harbour and Opera House. Offering contemporary design that fulfils comfort and style, outstanding facilities and exceptional service, Hilton Sydney is a must for both domestic and international guests and Sydneysiders alike. Choose from stylish guest rooms and luxury suites, and rejuvenate the body and mind at LivingWell Premier Health Club with the latest gym facilities, swimming pool and stunning day spa. Sample two stylish and distinctive bars in the progressive, sleek cocktail bar, Zeta Bar with its international team of mixologists and the iconic, Victorian live music hub that’s Marble Bar. Enjoy a coffee, light meal or delectable dessert in the patisserie at Caffe Cino and one of Australia’s leading chefs and restaurateurs, Luke Mangan, provides a definitive Sydney dining experience at the award winning, glass brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Odigeo, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Hilton International Sydney
- Sydney Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Sydney