“Awsome Hotel”

Hilton Sydney
Ranked #38 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Sydney in Jan 2012 for 4 days and had a really great time. The room assigned to me had a great view of the city and the Sydney Harbor bridge. The room was very neat, bathroom and eminities were more than adequate. It was within walking distance to lot of restaurants and attractions. Had no issues at all with the stay. The staff was very friendly starting with the check-in process to final check-out. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip. Thank you, Hilton Sydney for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Select a high floor for good views.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Thank you for your review.

I am absolutely delighted you enjoyed your experience at Hilton Sydney and we certainly look forward to your return.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed at the Hilton over an Easter long weekend last year, and despite being very busy the hotel's service was excellent. The hotel itself is very nicely appointed, and is in an excellent location in the heart of Sydney. The best part however was the breakfast buffet. Not your usual fare, this was the most expansive buffet have ever seen in any hotel or resort. Watch out for the Custard and Chocolate donuts fresh each day, they are to die for!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Thanks very much for your feedback about your stay.

It is wonderful to see that you enjoyed our service, location and our renowned buffet breakfast; and we would love to serve you again this Easter!

Best wishes and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed in the Hilton in March this year. As Diamond members we received an upgrade to a relaxation suite which was very comfortable and roomy.
Room - modern, spacious, with a nice open bath in the room, separate luggage area (which is great - keeps the room tidy). We heard that standard rooms are very small.
Facilities - hotel is adjusent to a large Living Well gym, which is quite big, has a nice 20m pool, steam rooms and sauna.
Spa - again in the gym. Not fancy at all but at the same time not very expensive and most therapists know what they are doing. Recommended!
Executive Club Lounge - very good. With nice selection of nibbles, self service drinks. No table service but very pleasant.
Breakfast - food is OK, not as nice as in Asian hotels but much nicer than Sheraton and the likes. Can have a nice fresh juice, coffee, etc. Eggs take a long time and are not the best.
Service - very friendly.
Location - excellent, in the middle of the city.
All in All - Excellent hotel, as long as you stay in Relaxation room / suite or better you'll enjoy your stay!
We stayed in the Sheraton the weekend before and didn't like it at all. Hilton - thumbs up!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay.

We value your loyalty as a Hilton Honors Diamond member and your feedback is important to us. I am sorry that your breakfast experience fell short of our usual 5 star standards, and please rest assured your comments have been relayed to the Management concerned for appropriate action.

We are delighted your stay was pleasant overall and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney very soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed here for over a week. We were upgraded to the executive floor with access to the executive lounge, which is a nice benefit. The saff is nice and friendly and the room is nice. The executive lounge is nice with good drinks, food, and friendly staff. The location is just about a five minute walk to Darling Harbour and about twelve minutes to the Circular Quay. Right next to the city hall train station. Its central location is key.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your experience at Hilton Sydney and we hope you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I traveled it Australia for two weeks in February. We stayed at the Hilton Sydney from Feb 5-8, 2012. On our trip we stayed at the Intercontinental Sydney, the Jupiters Gold Coast and the Meriton in Brisbane. The Hilton Sydney beat them all, and we would happily stay there again!

The staff were very courteous and delightful to deal with. The check-in process was seamless, we were able to check in early in the morning even though normal check-in was at 3:00p. The room was very clean. Do get the breakfast package with the executive room, it saves so much time and money. The complimentary evening drinks and afternoon tea was an unexpected bonus!!

Now for the service: The mark of great service staff is not determined by whether or not they get your requests wrong, but how they recover from them. We as human beings inherently make mistakes. As happened on our stay. I had brought and AC voltage transformer with me from Canada, and accidentally put it on the wrong setting, burning it. Much to my wife's dismay whose hair straightener was supposed to be plugged into it. I asked the "Magic" staff for a transformer, but the person accidentally brought up an "adapter" ... needless to say my wife's hair straightener met its demise. I noticed what the problem was, but I opted to go purchase my wife a new (cheaper) hair straightener before I went to complain to the front desk.

They immediately fetched Sei, the manager, who was absolutely amazing in rectifying the situation. She investigated the issue with the Magic staff, researched how much my wife's hair straightener cost and immediately gave us a cash equivalent for it. No protest, no fuss, just an apology and pleasent service.

Prompt service, understanding of a customer's concern and immediately rectifying an error is what was great about this hotel staff. This is something out of the ordinary that I have not seen any hotel staff in Canada or US do.

The rest of our stay was very pleasant. Although the only thing I can complain about is something that I found to be a problem at every hotel in Australia; the Internet service fees of $29/day is ridiculous ( I pay that as my Monthly fee in Canada).

Room Tip: Choose a room with breakfast included, you'll enjoy the executive lounge!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your detailed feedback, which we greatly appreciate.

I am delighted to read about your enjoyable stay, even though you experienced some disappointment along the way. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of your above mentioned issues pertaining to the transformer and straightener; and I am pleased that you were satisfied with the outcome, given the situation at hand – I truly appreciate your understanding and patience.

I have indeed shared your comments with the team and acknowledged Sae’s efforts accordingly. The Hilton Brand always strives to deliver the highest possible standard of customer care, and your definition of great service is very much in keeping with what we aim for as a key aspect of our service.

I have also noted your feedback regarding the internet charges.

Again, thank you kindly and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney in the very near future.