“Massive inconvenience!!!”

Ranked #68 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Rosebud, Australia
“Massive inconvenience!!!”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The stay itself was great.

As we arrived at the hotel a $200 bond was held on my Debit Card. Upon check out the reception staff charged the full amount to my bank card. A week after my stay I checked my bank account and the $200 bond was still pending on my Debit Card and had overdrawn the account. I called the reception and they told me it had nothing to do with them and that I had to contact my bank to get my money back.

The website also said there was a pool and sauna. We got ready and went up for a swim, only to find an Out of order sign on both. Which the reception staff had failed to tell us.

$250 a night for just a room and no breakfast included and all facilities Out of Order was definitley NOT worth it! Absolute joke!

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear SarahandChrisAsh,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
I am sorry to hear you had problems with us charging your card incorrectly.
When a guest stays with us we make a pre-authorization on the card and this amount takes 3-5 days to be released from your bank. (Your bank locks this amount) when you check out this is released and returned with the given timeframe to the card.
We do explain this at check In. I am sorry if this has slipped as it should always be given as information to all our guests.
The pool as closed for 24 hours after the massive downpour we had in Sydney and we did that to make sure the system was checked and back working and in order. We should of course have informed you about that on the desk at check in and we are sorry that did not happen.
The sauna is located on the 9th floor and its open everyday. You need to walk around the corner to get to that up near the gym.
The prices on rooms vary in Sydney all the time and you are able to find great deals on our rooms via our homepage etc. Room rates are changing daily to stay competitive in the market.
I hope we see you again in the future and that you will give us another chance going forward.

Hotel General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Borders, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We had 3 nights at The Vibe and overall it was fine.

The location is good if you want to see the city - very near the rail station which has direct links to the airport for about $17AUS.

Room was clean an beds comfortable but tv reception patchy and our room looked out onto an ugly side street - but those are only minor niggles.

In summary The Vibe is neither great nor awful, but it's location is really handy for a bargain price.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear JockTheCritic,
Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
I am happy to hear that you had a good stay at the hotel, but it worries me that you had TV issues as we have spent a significant amount of money on upgrades.
The hotel is a city hotel and we do not guarantee any views for that simple reason. I am sorry to hear that you did not like the view but it is limited what we can do in that situation.
I hope we are able to welcome you back again in the future and wish you a great 2012.

Redmond, WA, USA
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed at the Vibe following a 10-day cruise. We had looked at lots of hotels in advance and would like to have stayed closer to the waterfront but I have this thing about hotels. I hate to pay more than $200 a night to stay in a hotel that isn't offering me something incredible. Don't get me wrong. We have stayed in some world-class, amazing hotels but I was lucky enough to get them all at a huge bargain. Like grabbing a wonderful room at Edinburgh's Balmoral the night after the World Cup Soccer matches for less than $150. Or finding an internet special for the Hong Kong Langham. But I could not find a single hotel near the waterfront (that we could stay in) that was under $275 a night. So I went to Trip Adviser and found a high rated hotel, near the city center and within walking distance of Sydney's superb transit system and the Vibe fit that bill perfectly. We paid less than $150 a night, it was a very nice room (see the pic) in a boutique type hotel (we love those rather than chains) and we could walk to the subway which took us everywhere in under 10 minutes.The rooms were clean, had all the needed amenities and I would not hesitate to go back and stay at the Vibe again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor so you stay away from busy street noise.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear DrKoop,

Thank you for your kind feedback in regards to Vibe Hotel Sydney.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you had a nice trip back home and we would love to welcome you back again in the future.
If there is anything we can do in the meantime then please let us know.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed in a room on floor 7 opposite the lift. Had a view of centre point tower. Rooms are very large with a big wardrobe. Found the bed a little hard when I sat on it at first but didn't bother me during the night. One problem was the lack of amenities in the bathroom. The soap hadnt been restocked but I had the shampoo etc when I called down stairs to ask the lady explained they didn't offer soap?! When returning from dinner I asked a guy at the front desk who went & got me some straight away.
Didnt use or see the pool/gym. The room had been paid up front but we still had to give a credit card or 200$ deposit for security.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Jasmine_Paul,

Thank you for your feedback about Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your room.
I am sorry about housekeeping not restocking the soap in your room. I have spoken to the team about them being more careful so this does not happen again.
I am happy to hear that the team was able to help you with this though.
A credit card is required to stay at Vibe Hotel Sydney at any time. This is for security reasons and something that is normal in our business. I hope it was not an inconvenience as this is company policy.
We hope to see you soon again.

Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We booked this hotel through Booking.com and got a very reaonable deal because we booked well ahead. The prices would have been quite a bit higher had we waited. The reviews on Tripadvisor helped a lot. We stayed 4 days and were very pleased with the accomodaions and the location. The rooms weren't huge but clean and served us well. Staff was always helpful and pleasant. Circular Quay was within walking distance (long walk) but it was only a block from the location where you could catch the free 555 bus (9AM to 3PM weekdays and 9AM to 6PM weekends) to get to the Quay and The Rocks area. It was about a $15 cab ride to/from the Quay. The hotel was also only a couple of blocks away from the monorail that will get you to Darling Harbor and only a block from the Museum train station.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
CasparSchmidt, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Dear Fred E,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Hotel Sydney.
We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you again in the soon and that you will come and stay with us again when you visit in the future.