1,725 results
All reviews paddy's market darling harbour great location close to china town light rail minute walk free wifi george street capitol theatre central station pleasant stay an upgrade mini bar buffet breakfast opera house early check haymarket
Reviewed 11 February 2009

Stayed here February 2009. After staying in a Holiday Inn in Singapore this hotel is inferior. Do not be put off, the location is good and the rooms are clean and comfortable.
The lobby is always chaotic and crowded with tours groups. Luggage will go to your room if you ask otherwise take it yourself, it is the smaller services that are missing.
The staff are helpful but check in, conseirge can get into processing mode. It is possible to walk to Circular Quay (we are 60+ olds) THERE IS NO POOL which we needed in the tempretures of early Feb.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Staghunt
Reviewed 5 February 2009

Hotel staff were very helpful and location is good for Darling Harbour attractions but hotel is a little rundown looking. Restaurant is very pricey. Do visit the Chinese Gardens only a 3 minute walk away.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank geoffel
Reviewed 4 February 2009

We had to attend the conference at convention center and so we chose this Hotel for its proximity. Location was great, we hadn't realised how close to china town we were. It was excellent all the food and shops open till 8.00 p.m. Having been there for chinese new year was added bonus. The key card which has to be used to get to your floor was a nice security touch.

We had breakfast included, the great thing was the juicer which u could use to do your own, down side was b/fast everyday was the same thing, no variation in cooked or cold b/fast menu.

Fitness center was quite small, but I guess at least they did have one, I also used the steam room!

They were two bottle of complementary water, every day which was great.

There was a pillow menu, but whatever I asked for , they had run out!!! I did have a bit of neck pain when I got back but nevemind.

Our room was a family room with two double bed / cramped, but kind of expected it!

expensive valet parking $35.00 per night.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank adventureperth
Reviewed 4 February 2009

We stayed here in May 2008 while visiting friends and family. The location is wonderful if you are looking to be in the heart of Sydney. The room was clean and roomy. The bathroom included a tub and walk in shower.

Our only complaint was the monorail running by what seemed like just an arm's length from our window on the second floor (if I recall). When we opened the curtains in the morning, commuters could look right in!

I would stay here again, but request a room on a different floor.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fleasky
Reviewed 27 January 2009

My husband and I spent two nights at this hotel recently over a Friday and Saturday night. The location of this hotel is superb, in that, it is centrally located in Chinatown and therefore close to a variety of restaurants, Paddy’s markets, Central train station – a 10 minute walk, the monorail, Darling Harbour and the George Street shops. It is the location alone which makes this hotel an attractive option for accommodation in central Sydney.

Check in was swift and very courteous. The room itself was located on the ninth and non-smoking floor. Upon entering the room it was clean and tidy, contained a queen sized bed which was very comfortable, a single lounge chair, desk and TV cabinet. The room also had tea and coffee facilities and a bar fridge.

The bathroom was clean, the shower pressure very good and everything in good working order. However, it was difficult for two people to stand in; my husband and I are slim people, so I considered the bathroom reasonably small.

A small tip is when using the elevator that you must slide your room card through the slot to enable access to your allocated floor. This happened quite a lot to a few people we met and can be a trap for beginners!

JBs bar is downstairs and has a nice atmosphere for a drink after a long day. We didn’t dine in the restaurant, therefore unsure of the standard of service. All staff were courteous and friendly. If driving to Sydney parking is available at the Chinatown Parking lot close to the hotel. The concierge will provide you with a ticket and costs approximately $15.00 per day.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple