1,716 results
All reviewspaddy's marketdarling harbourgreat locationclose to china townlight railminute walkfree wifigeorge streetcapitol theatrecentral stationpleasant stayan upgrademini barbuffet breakfastopera houseearly checkhaymarket
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn a number if times and dislike it. Try to get a bottle opener - my experience in asking for something to open a beer on the room when dinning in the room is that they only have one opener in the whole hotel and hence can't provide one. I have had rooms with cockroaches which I reported but didn't see much action in cleaning it up. They use the system of leaving a card on the bed when wishing to have the linen changed, which is OK and saves unnecessary washing, however when I did ask for new linen I found they didn't change it anyway. Apart from being very handy for China Town and my office I would not stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Impavid_Pilgrim
Bradley B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is valuable feedback such as yours that can assist us in meeting the expectations of our guest and also correcting the areas of our serrvice that need attention.
We have recently changed our in-room Mini Bar system and I have passed on your comments to our Food & Beverage Manager regarding the availability of bottle openers in our rooms.
Like all hotels, we regularly undertake pest control and we were disappointed to receive your comments, however our Executive Housekeeper is now in the process of reviewing the intervals in which our pest control is carried out in an effort to further correct this issue. We have also reinforced the importance of our guest requests to have their bed linen changed with all of our Room Attendants based on your feedback.

Once again, we thank you for your valued feedback.

Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights and found it to ve very well located for all of the local attractions. It was also quite quiet so a good nights sleep was assured.

• Stayed: May 2011

Thank you for feedback after your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and also found our central location convenient. We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back some time in the near future.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I've been more or less a regular at the Holiday Inn in Darling Harbour Sydney and I have yet to come across any problems with them, except that sometimes during peak hours, you will have to wait awhile before you would be able to check in due to the queue. Whilst I would not say the location is ideal, it is indeed good. Within walking distance to Darling Harbour and located just behind Chinatown, and opposite the Darling Harbour Arena, it is indeed a pretty good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Bradley B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us. As a regular guest of the hotel your comments and ideas are always most welcome and highly valued. Thank you also for providing some insight into your check-in experience, if you would like to contact me directly via e-mail at dos@holidayinndarlingharbour.com.au I will investigate this matter further so that we can provide a solution to unnecessary delays when arriving at the Hotel.

Thank you for your coments and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Great location with Darling Harbour, Conference centre, Chinatown,, Markets, Main bus and rail stations all within a 10 minute walk. Main shopping areas and Circular Quay, Harbour Bridge can be reached within 25mins walk as well.
Room was typical Holiday Inn, situated on 6th floor,clean with basic furnishings, great beds, large shower area. Fridge was a bonus.
Stayed 4 nights on PC Rewards, didn't use the restaurant or bar as plentiful choice in surrounding area.
All staff were attentive and helpful with directions and advice.
Hotel appeared popular with trips from many nationalities.
Would definately stay here again and would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear are probably quieter, but although front faces onto main road, there did not appear to be heavy traffic at any time of day or night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments after your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you chose Holiday Inn Darling Harbour to redeem your valuable rewards points and utilise a complimentary stay. As one of our most valued and loyal guests your feedback is much appreciated and will assist us in maintaining the Holiday Inn standard as we move forward. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Darling Harbour again in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Australia Tour
Stayed here April 1 and 2, 2012

Location:
This hotel got a really nice location. Shops all around, a monorail that runs in front of the hotel with station a few steps away, a McDonald fast food diagonally left front of the hotel, and a bargaining market called Paddy's Market at the leftmost side. Back side of hotel are restaurants and shops. Also near the main street where you can walk 3 to 4 blocks to reach a Woolworth supermarket. All I can say its a very convenient location specially with the monorail that can bring you places.

HOTEL:
Lobby:
Its not very grand and not very small either. Quite functional. Breakfast area is small and most of the time full but turn around time is quick. Did not encounter any problem so far.

Room:
We are placed at 3rd floor where the Gym is located. I guess this is because we traveled by Tour Group therefore room rates are cheaper thus effect is the whole Tour Group of 25 pax is to be placed at lower floor.

The room doors... As I walk down the hallway to our room, I find the doors to be quit old already. This already gave me the impression that the hotel had not been refurbished yet and is due for one. As I entered the room, it had the usual layout. Hallway with Bathroom on the right side then 2 twin bed then a TV table with a small picture tube TV set (if not mistaken, its a 21" or below in size) then a table and chair and the curtained window. Outside the window, view is a wall and another house. A cabinet to put cloths. Inside is a safe, iron and ironing board. What I do not like with the room is despite the lighting that is available, I feel that its still very dim. It would be nice if it would have been much brighter even just a little bit more.

Bathroom:
It is okay and quite big but the paint color of its wall is dull and boring, which gives the impression (in my opinion) of an old and aged hotel. But I was happy on the curved curtain rod on the bath area because it includes the ceiling light to be in the bathtub area. This is nice because it illuminates the bath area properly. Also a plus for my mom who is a senior already.

Service:
The reception area people and bell boy knows the basic rule "Smile and Greet". However the people in the breakfast area do not even smile. They look like they are forcefully working there.

Verdict:
Its an aged 4 star hotel with a very good location. Food. Shopping. All within walking distance. All within reach.
If you are just staying at night and whole day out, then its a good hotel to be with.
But if you are the type that really want to enjoy even your room stay at night then better look for other hotel... unless they already refurbished the rooms.

Room Tip: On lower floors like where we stayed (3rd floor), better get the room not facing the main road. Because the monorail runs in front of the hotel. Although it stop 9:45pm. so no noise after.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Funtravel712
Bradley B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide feedback from your recent stay with us and are pleased that you enjoyed our central location. We are currently in the process of upgrading our accommodation rooms and levels 3 and 4 of the Hotel are the next to be worked on, it is anticpated that this project will be finished by the end of winter this year. I have passed on your comments to our Engineering Manager who is always interested to hear from our guests and incorporate their feedback into our ongoing maintenance and upgrades. I have also passed on your comments regarding our breakfast service to our Food & Beverage Manager as we are about to undertake service training with these staff members and your feedback is most valuable in regards to this.

Once again, we thank you for taking time to provide your comments and feedback to us as this will allow us to continue to fine tune both our accommodation rooms product as well as our service to our valued guests.