7 people are viewing this hotel
HolidayInn.com
Save more with IHG One Rewards
Get rewarded with One Key
1,453 results
All reviews kings cross opera house ihg member darlinghurst road metro station a harbour view room harbour bridge hotel is located bit dated convenient location comfortable hotel botanical gardens an upgrade buffet breakfast late check cbd supermarket
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 November 2023 via mobile

Cleanliness was very poor. There was a hair in the shower, a toenail on the carpet and most surfaces were dusty. The pillows are great and air con too. Breakfast was horrible on both occasions. It’s a convenient location but that’s about it. Staff were all friendly though.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reservations SYDAS, Guest Services / Front Office at Holiday Inn Sydney - Potts Point, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2023

Dear Salsy23,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Whilst disappointing to read and most certainly not in line with our usual high standards it is feedback such as yours that allows us to continually improve on our services. As such, I would love for the opportunity to discuss this mater further and understand where we went wrong please feel free to share some more details with us at reservations.sydas@ihg.com

Reviewed 24 October 2023 via mobile

Disgusting hotel falling to pieces lots of maintianence issues -

1. The taps and sink were filthy dirty was in room 606
2. The cupboard door was falling off and had been that way for quite a while judging from the damage to the cabinetry and the fridge .3 the windows were absolutely filthy and my so-called Harborview room and view were disgusting and mostly full of fog given all the dirt on the windows .4 the roof is absolutely old and has seen far better days as well as the rest of the property .5 as a platinum IHG member I didn’t receive my 500 amenity points and had to do multiple follow-ups to get any response from this property.

I won’t be staying at this property ever again absolutely disgusting you’ve got far better IHG choice properties within Sydney avoid at all costs

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Kawoh,

Reviewed 7 September 2023

I am in the travel business so I pay attention to every hotel I go to.
This hotel was a nice moderate hotel. Close to the rail station.
The staff was very pleasant. I hate to see comments made by
others that are simply not true sometimes I think they either
work for another hotel or really didn't stay in this one, but got
their hotels mixed up.

Room tip: The rail station is right next door to this hotel.
Date of stay: November 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank honestinslc
Reservations SYDAS, Guest Services / Front Office at Holiday Inn Sydney - Potts Point, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2023

Dear honestinslc,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2023

Hotel is worn out and totally sub par.
Nowhere near the advertised 4 star, perhaps 2 or 3 at most. Local TV is the only in room entertainment.
Missing and unavailable linen. Curtains falling to pieces and full of holes. The advertised free upgrades not provided although clearly available to be booked online. Hotel is worn out and dilapidated. Reception staff surly and unhelpful. Really not worth a try despite the great location.

Room tip: Not worth it.
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reservations SYDAS, Guest Services / Front Office at Holiday Inn Sydney - Potts Point, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2023

Dear Elizabethg,

Reviewed 24 August 2023

The hotel is tired and worn out, not what was expected. The reception staff were not at all welcoming to the point of being surly. The amenities are a poor offering considering that the hotel is supposed to be four star. In experience it's closer to 2.5 to 3 at the most.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reservations SYDAS, Guest Services / Front Office at Holiday Inn Sydney - Potts Point, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2023

Dear Stepp10,

Let me firstly thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with your valued feedback, it is Feedback such as this that allows us to continually improve our services and provide our guests with a 5-star experience that we pride ourselves on.

Unfortunately, despite all our processes we have not provided this 5-star experience on this occasion and for this my team and I are sincerely sorry. Rest assure, part of our processes is to investigate the cause of your issues and address them so that we are able to avoid any future occurrences. As Such, I have shared your feedback with our Front Office Manager, our team are normally always being praised on their service and friendliness so we were shocked to read your comments.

Thank you again and it is our hope you give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.