“Arrrrrrrh!”

Price range: USD 15 - USD 48
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: At Criniti’s Darling Harbour you can enjoy our award-winning Italian cuisine while taking in the stunning views of Sydney’s world-famous harbour. Our menu is a fusion of traditional, authentic Italian using Criniti family recipes & modern Australian dishes from steaks & burgers, to seafood platters & gourmet salads. With over 300 items on our menu, we have something for every taste, craving and lifestyle. When you're here, you're family!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went to this Restaurant with my wife. The greeting was cold the table was dirty and I asked to have it cleaned. That was met by " What do you mean it's dirty?". Reluctantly it was wiped over. Food came and matched the reception.....COLD. I complained and I was told that it wasn't cold .I demanded my money back and was told that all had been O.K. We walked out. O.K. they might be employing Brain Dead Backpackers that have no knowledge about service or attitude, but if that is the case. don't charge top prices for your food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My family of 5 went for lunch, to a nearly empty Crinitis. For a large restaurant they sat all the diners together which was a lot of noise for no reason. We ordered our drinks which sat on the bar for at least 5mins before someone brought them over. As my 9yo pointed out they made their own drinks a lot quicker than ours. There was a lot of staff doing a lot of nothing. There was a fork on the ground near our table and one of the waiters looked at it and kept walking, didn't even pick it up. Then, some of our mains arrived before all the entrees were served which posed for a very busy table. All this I can tolerate, what is not accepted is finding a strand of black hair in my food. This just added to the exceptionally poor experience we were already having. I advised the supervisor on duty to which with very little English couldn't do much about it. He offered to get me another meal but there was no coming back from that. My family and I used to love coming to Crinitis, we will never come back and have advised family members of our experience.

1  Thank Lina D
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Exceptional food, drinks, service & location, this busy eatery ticks every box. Our party had the $60 a head feast & it was all tasty & good value. The meatballs & cheesy garlic bread are delicious, the 1m pizza is impressive & the pastas are all terrific. The 3 litre pour your own beer jug towers add a nice touch & keep the table replenished.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Loved our meals, but service was dreadful AND they wanted a tip. Will not go back. Sat in balcony, was ok view but plastic blinds blocked what could have been a great view.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We chose Crinitis specifically because it had such a wide selection in the menu so to cater for a large group (12 people) of diverse tastes and food intolerances at a weekend lunch. This is about the only thing I could say good about it. Despite the restaurant not being crowded service was terrible. People had to ask multiple times for drinks. Wrong meals came out. DId I mention the forgotten drink orders? Even to get water for the table took multiple requests. At least when we (Grumpy middle aged ladies) asked for the music to be turned down to a level at which we could talk it was.

I wrote the above review for Dimni to which the restaurant management responded (in part) "It is very disappointing to hear our staff were unable to give you a great service, we are constantly working on our training and ensuring staff are able to work efficiently. After speaking to our Darling Harbour team we do understand it was particularly busy on the night that you dined, although this is no excuse for missing drinks and food orders as well as severely delayed service". Did they actually read what I wrote, about being there at *lunch* in a *nearly empty* venue?

1  Thank Di2300