“Bellissimmo”

Ranked #394 of 6,843 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: La Rosa The Strand is an elegant Roman wine bar and osteria located in Sydney’s historic Strand Arcade. Little sister to the iconic Restaurant Pendolino, La Rosa profiles premium, boutique Italian wines, hand-picked annually from Italy. The restaurant features a range of premium local and imported ingredients and artisanal age-old Roman cooking methods to present a unique and authentic dining experience. All our breads and pastas are hand–made daily in house.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I've been here a few times and I've always left with a full belly complete with delicious food. This time round was no exception as I brought some of my friends along for a birthday dinner and the restaurant did not disappoint. Even though one of the dishes was a bit heavy handed on the cheese they gladly suggested and brought out another pasta dish that was devoured as soon as it was served. I was also not charged for the original pasta dish ehich was really nice of them.

Their cauliflower pizza is to die doe and I definitely intend on visiting again when I'm in town next.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Great atmosphere and service but was disappointed with the food. Given the price point quality/cooking should be better. My starter was ok but the main course (a very expensive steak) really wasn't. It was tough and drowning in oil. A return visit is highly unlikely.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Like revisiting a restaurant from the 80’s. Pleasant and knowledgeable staff. Limited menu,all traditionalItalian dishes. I hade the tripe and my wife the house special Porchetta Romano

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

La Rosa is situated in the Old world charm of the Strand Arcade. Excellent service and good food & wine. Love the ambience. Enjoyed a leisurely dinner with friends- there was no pressure to leave. Thanks for a great dining experience.

1  Thank suemic66
Reviewed 22 August 2018

We went here on a recommendation, and initially we were pretty impressed with the place. Great old Victorian building, with lots of classy shops. The restaurant also looked promising, although a bit on the dark and gloomy side, and the staff (all Italian) seemed happy enough to see us.

Unfortunately it turned out to be stereotypical 'generic Italian', geared to the tourist market, and the food was average at best. I ordered the pizza (again on a recommendation), and my colleague ordered a pasta dish. The pasta was actually pretty good, although not great, but the pizza (supposedly 'Roman style, dough fermented for 24 hours, blah, blah, blah....) was complete rubbish. Soggy, lukewarm, and covered with a mess of oily peppers, and slices of anonymous salumi - we might as well have gone to Pizza Hut, had something cheap and cheerful, and saved ourselves some money ;(

Staff seemed semi-competent at best; fussy manager lady, busy; busy; busy, but not much use.

Wine list good but quite expensive. We each had a glass of Pinot Grigio which was about $16. Okay wine, but nothing special - probably cost them about $12 a bottle.

Can't recommend this place, there are plenty of better genuine Italian restaurants in Sydney, and if La Rosa was anywhere in Rome it wouldn't last a week, as no self-respecting Italian puts up with high prices for badly cooked food, most especially pizza!

2  Thank TopShop9999