“Slightly above average”

Ranked #384 of 6,846 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: La Rosa The Strand is an elegant Roman wine bar and osteria located in Sydney’s historic Strand Arcade. Little sister to the iconic Restaurant Pendolino, La Rosa profiles premium, boutique Italian wines, hand-picked annually from Italy. The restaurant features a range of premium local and imported ingredients and artisanal age-old Roman cooking methods to present a unique and authentic dining experience. All our breads and pastas are hand–made daily in house.
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Nice location and lovely decor but no ambiance per se`. Service is friendly but not dynamic. Pizza is only slightly better t ham average but comes with waaaay too much cheese for our liking, nothing stood out for us food wise which is a pity considering the location and reputation. Only a negroni cocktail was considered above average, the prosecco with sorbet was not good at all. Prices were reasonable on food, not so on cocktails. There are better Italian restaurants out there, try this one only if other options are not feasible.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We had a nice dinner here this week. I had the steak, which was cooked perfectly. Everyone enjoyed their meals. However, sides are ordered separately for most mains, and overall prices are quite high. quiet place--- we could actually hear each other talk, which is a plus.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

La Rosa is in a great location. We had been there previously and were happy to return. Three out of the four mains ordered were just right. But my pasta with chicken was missing the chicken. Staff were very obliging and quickly arranged a replacement meal. Sometimes this happens and staff handled it well. My dessert was disappointing. I mustn’t have read the menu properly. I wasn’t expecting a large plate of ricotta cheese, a little meringue and lots of honey. The donut looked like a better choice. We will return and I will read the menu carefully.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We recently went here for dinner with friends, who were local. It was a great find. Centrally located, prices that weren't ridiculous, pleasant staff and good food. My husband enjoyed his steak and my risotto was delicious. We ordered a couple of side dishes, including a very pretty salad and some nicely done green beans. We each had different wines and appreciated that they were available by the glass. I am sure dessert would have been good too but we had eaten too much for the main course.
Surprisingly the restaurant was fairly empty, but it was a rainy Tuesday night. Nice evening, quiet and good ambience.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Went here with friends to reward them for helping me out.

The bruschetta mixed plate was divine and for mains we had risotto, angel hair pasta as well as another pasta dish with supporting salad.

My friends were stoked and had a great time. They were rewarded nicely.

We had some champagne by the glass which was not cheap. Would have been nice to have a wider range of champagnes on the menu.

The service was attentive and timely and it was a great experience.

Not a cheap meal but the quality of the food and service made up for the price paid.