“A day of history and great music”

My Detour™ - Day Tours
Ranked #93 of 344 Tours in Sydney
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our Detours. Sharing Sydney’s untold stories. Since launching in 2008 with little more than a 1964 vintage Holden, our approach to tourism has always been offbeat. Today, as a family-run cultural tourism enterprise, we pride ourselves in offering authentic, thrilling and intimate insights into the city we love and call home. We want you to become a local in a day! With a Detour for everyone, we draw on imagination and community to weave captivating narratives and unforgettable experiences. Join us today and gain exclusive access to our local network of indigenous elders, contemporary artists, iconic buildings, world-class museums, rare artefacts and so much more. It’s time to come with us on the adventure of a lifetime! Berangere & Richard Graham Founders/Tour Guide Extraordinaires
Reviewed 24 March 2016

This is a must for both visitors and locals. The tour of Sydney Conservatorium combined with a free concert by students was an unexpected delight. Phil, our guide, was very knowledgable on the history of what was the government stables. The tour incorporated both the old section and new sections. This was followed by lunch at the cafe and finally amazing performances by our up and coming musicians.

1  Thank 255060Rose
Richard G, Owner at My Detour™ - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us. It is always very much appreciated to take Sydney locals on a tour of such an iconic place and to receive wonderful feedback on our tour guides! I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Phil. Hope to see you again soon! Best regards, Richard

There are newer reviews for My Detour™ - Day Tours

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Richard picked us up in style. Friendly and Knowledgeable - made our short stay worth it. Saw Sydney in a way I didn't expect. Thank You.

Dear Terri, Thank You for your kind words. Guests like yourself make my job the dream job! Warm regards, Richard

Reviewed 15 February 2016

After travel with Richard, he changed my impression of Sydney.He has speical APP,when he touch the button, the site is cleared, just left us. More knowledge, more secrect site, different angles etc. This is a special journey you will not regret it.

Thank You for such lovely feedback! Warm regards, Richard

Reviewed 13 February 2016

We were picked up at our hotel by Richard in his vintage automobile. As we were driving to different sites Richard gave us very interesting commentary and history. He took us to places that a tour bus would not be able to go but the highlight of our tour was at our stop at his own house for a cup of coffee and to meet his wife and daughter. The tour was very well done and I would highly recommend it to others.

Dear Lee Ann, Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I am delighted to read how much you liked your private tour. I hope to see you again!
Warm regards, Richard

Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

Had the pleasure of taking a 3hr tour on the 2nd of December. With the lovely Richard, what a host really treats you like a friend. You really get a unique insight into Sydney from someone who has a passion for his work. Would highly recommend you take this tour of you wish to see the real Sydney from a local perspective.

Dear Eddie, how lovely to read your review, thank you! I certainly enjoyed showing you the local side of my favourite city :) I hope to see you again! Warm regards, Richard