eDreams
StayForLong
Snaptravel
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 March 2020

Like you I read the reviews and was expecting a horrorshow! I booked through hotwire and didn't know which hotel I would get and read the bar reviews on here and panicked as The deal is non refundable

1. The room is pristine!
2. The Wi-Fi works
3. There is traffic noise but it's bearable
4. The bus into the city is outside the door
5. Area seems safe with coffee shops and restaurants

For the price it's a good bargain!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2019 via mobile

I stayed this week, having used the property some years ago when it was branded as Quest.

It was AWFUL! There were rarely any staff around the place, random people were wandering in and out of the building, it was noisy and the whole first floor had a very strange smell wafting through the place.

Don’t even bother enquiring about this joint. Head into the city proper and you’ll get far better service and comfort.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2019 via mobile

Only good thing was that it was close to we’re we had to be. Cleanliness was much to be desired and the way the room was serviced explains why. The is no on site parking. You have to walk three streets away to park, with luggage, and getting in and out of the parking was ridiculous. Roller doors only opened half way, staff had to come and manually push it up. Lifts didn’t work. Spasmodic. Won’t be staying her again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2019

I stayed for two night as my husband was in RPA, wanted some were close, the room I had was nice, but as a Motel Manager of a country Motel I was disgusted in the state of the bathroom mould, (attention to cleaning would be good) hardly any hot water in the morning didn't have to use any cold water and no flannels. I also had a wake up call (that I did not organised), the air conditioner came on at 4am that rattled, when I went out in the morning, I was standing at the desk waiting as the gentleman was on a private call, I couldn't wait, (not good customer service for a 4 start Motel), when I came back that evening I spoke the lady and mentioned about the early morning wake up call & the air conditioner, she said that I don't know how that happened as she looked on the computer, as I left this morning, I told her that I got another wake up call, I wasn't overly impressed, the lady was helpful with ordering a taxi. Not worth the money.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 10 August 2019

Unfortunately the back story isnt good as Im in Chris OBrien Life House and my parents came from Melb to visit before my cancer surgery. my husband and I researched hotels and found this 1 as 4.5 star. They even market themselve as Close to the hospital so surely they understood the importance of cleanliness.
My parents stayed 1 night and came to visit the next morning. My mum was upset and I could tell something was wrong. She hadnt been able to shower at the hotel and was so upset she wasn't "clean". She showered in my hospital shower. She was visibly upset. Whilst she was in the shower my dad showed me the photos attached. I was disgusted. We looked so hard for a suitable hotel. If you look up the room they were meant to be in it has a small balcony and it has a walk in shower with a solid glass screen- no shower screen (important for elderly customers).
None of those things were in the room. Theere was a mouldy shower screen, no balcony, large patches of live algae mould on the ceiling, a chair so badly torn you could not sit on it, ripped towels and so much more.
I contacted the hotel disgusted and they said they would move my parents. I wanted to move them out completely but my mum was upset about upsetting me any further so they stayed.
I contacted the manager as they were settling the bill. His response to give them free parking and not charge for the first night. He then gave them a bill dearer than the original hotels.com invoice. He did contact me one evening to explain what happened, said he would call me back when he worked it out. That was 4 days ago. NOTHING HEARD !!!
I truly think hotels.com should investigate further as the photos on the site are not of the hotel rooms available. Sullying their good name.

Room tip: View the room before you pay.
Date of stay: August 2019